Anthony Seibold - Manly coach. "Official"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It’s baffling to me that some silvertails back Des to the hilt, have strong opinions on Penn, or other coach options, mestrov etc, to the point where an online petition is trotted out, and arguments ensue.

The only people who know what is going on aren’t here on silvertails. For me I think I’ll bow out of the chatter until the dust settles.
Maybe a wise choice

Mate, in his three years as head coach:

1. Bunnies (3rd overall + Finals) - and Dally M Coach of the year
2. Broncos (8th + Finals)
3. 15 games with Broncos (15th at the time) when sacked

Not once in his entire position as head coach has his teams been in 16th.
If he coaches us next year 16th is a definate possibility

I don't get why people are already putting hate on Seibold before he's even coached a game for us, that is even if he is signed on a head coach.

Two reasons why I won't go after him until he's actually coached some games for us:
- Made a prelim in his first year as a head coach, which was with Souths, who finished 12th the year before he got there
- Moved to the Broncos and made the finals again there. The following year was downhill, but my opinions on this is that he was struck down by Wayne Bennett fan-boys who ruined any chance of that team being successful whilst Seibold was in charge and now club legend Kevvie hasn't even made the finals with a much better squad.

Now I'm not saying I've given up on Des, however we haven't been consistently going toe-to-toe with top 4 teams since he returned in 2019.

Des' coaching methods and some of the fitness shown in a lot of games this year really let us down, and if he isn't willing to accept changes need to be made, then it's sayonara Des because we can't waste yet another season waiting for Des to prove himself again. We're wasting the good years of a number of players.

In t
How's this for mediation (and would require Penn to open the purse strings):

1. Coach: Des Hasler (extended to 2024)
2. Assistant Coach: Anthony Siebold (two year contract)
3. Assistant Coach: Josh Hannay (two year contract)

The club as a whole decides over that period who the players are getting the most from, at which time Des, the board, Penn appoint a successor, with Des going to a Director's role.

Members and fans both get the consistency AND changes (fresh ideas) they want. Des gets what he wants. Then everyone pulls in the same direction. And like I said - with a coaching team of Des, Anthony and Josh, good luck to the players if they even half attempt to pull rank and rule the roost again.
In theory Ryan it wouldn't be a bad plan but imo because Des doesn't play well with others I don't see much changing, in fact because both Hannay and Seibold are ambitious for a head coaching role I can't see them working together under Hasler either. Add to that the fact that Penn won't relinquish control to anyone and all i see is more of what we've got now, as I see it until Penn sells and we get a professional owner who's only interest is success without a price tag attached then sadly all I see is more of the same

What do we have to lose if we sign another coach ?

We will lose all this Unstable and unworkable crisis and hope the former NRL coach of the year Seibold is a better fit

When I came to This Great Country with my parents years ago for a better life
I embraced the Great Aussie spirit of giving a wog a fair go which made me and my family proud and loyal Australians

The same Manly Fair Go spirit should apply to any one interested in having a go at being our Manly coach and having success with our Legendary club
I'd rather give this wog a go..

images (5).jpeg

Honestly , all you Dessie fan boys!!

I bet I could stroll through dozens of threads this year where each and every one of you had been frustrated and bagged the coach!!

He won’t use the 17th man.

He won’t give a youngster a run.

He selects the same plodders each week.

I could go on , and on and on !!

AND

When there’s a proposed change you don’t like it because it’s NOT one of the top 2 or 3 coaches so you’re back on the Dessie bandwagon again !!!

**** ME DEAD!!

Seibold would be fine , don’t take what happened in that hatchet job at the Donkeys as what he can do. The Broncos old boys wanted Kevvie there so did everything they could to shaft Anthony.

Oh sure he’s no Craig Bellamy or Ivan Cleary but he’d be a more modern thinking , current generation coach than we currently have.

I bet I could stroll through dozens of threads this year where each and every one of you had been frustrated and bagged the coach!!

AND

When there’s a proposed change you don’t like it because it’s NOT one of the top 2 or 3 coaches so you’re back on the Dessie bandwagon again !!!

**** ME DEAD!!

Seibold would be fine , don’t take what happened in that hatchet job at the Donkeys as what he can do. The Broncos old boys wanted Kevvie there so did everything they could to shaft Anthony.

Oh sure he’s no Craig Bellamy or Ivan Cleary but he’d be a more modern thinking , current generation coach than we currently have.
True..but the major problem is the club is run like an outback brothel. And yes..No decent hookers.

AND

**** ME DEAD!!

Can Penn go with Hasler ?

True..but the major problem is the club is run like an outback brothel. And yes..No decent hookers.
Yes & yes.

But a change is as good as a holiday.

I really don’t care who takes over , any choice will have likers & haters.

But I do believe Des has had his day.

And he certainly isn’t totally to blame for where we finished BUT we need some fresh new ideas.

Doing the same thing day after day and expecting a different result is a fools errand.

Yes & yes.

But a change is as good as a holiday.

I really don’t care who takes over , any choice will have likers & haters.

But I do believe Des has had his day.

And he certainly isn’t totally to blame for where we finished BUT we need some fresh new ideas.

Doing the same thing day after day and expecting a different result is a fools errand.

May I ask... what would your reaction be if we won a wooden spoon (our first in 75+ years of existence) with a new coach?

Would that not be worse than what we have right now?

Or will it not matter because we'll at least have tried something different?

I'm curious to know.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7