Anthony Seibold - Manly coach. "Official"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sadly I think Des is past it.

Not in a man management sense , the players love him BUT we’ve spent two years whinging and bitching on here about about,

Selections
Game plans
Loyalty to underperforming players
Use of the 17th bench position
Not giving the youngsters a run

And there’s sure to be more and I feel this is like a new broom being swept through the place.

Now I’m the first to admit we are still short a few players and we all know what they are but let’s see, with a new coaching style , fresh ideas and a different approach, who knows , we might be top 8 material.
Really well said

Thank you for the longer version of the Seibold Talk

Speaking of long Versions

It has been a Long time since we have won a Premiership
"
Now it is time to live up to this Big long Version talk and Deliver
Hey Bozo, looks like he's got a soft spot for Parker, reading between the lines could be a shoe in for the centre spot with Koula. Thought I'd mention this, knowing how much you like Parker and all..lol.

He may also be thinking about utilising Parker's potential as a backrower :)
I know this suggestion has been ridiculed but Parker does have two important attributes:
1. He is always trying, and
2. He runs straight

Whether he has the physical capabilities to play in the forwards is the issue. I think he may knock himself out a lot simply because he is so big-hearted. I like the guy and knowing he is a local junior gives him further appeal for me.
With Sandwich wanting to switch to the centres Parker may be tempted to try his luck as a lock or second rower, although there are a lot of candidates in front of him, including our two 'big' recruitments.

I know this suggestion has been ridiculed but Parker does have two important attributes:
2. He runs straight

He is also a solid front on defender. I think he could be a very handy backrower or lock. Jake is being used exclusively as a prop now in rep football. Maybe the new coaches will follow suit. IMO, other contenders for lock (throughout the season) could be Lawton, Croker, Fulton or Olakau'atu.

How can he have any impact on pathways without a shift in focus from the owners?
I got the impression he was talking about utilisation & retention of pathways players already in the system. We have some outstanding juniors who need to be nurtured & given every opportunity to play senior football.

2. He runs straight

Whether he has the physical capabilities to play in the forwards is the issue. I think he may knock himself out a lot simply because he is so big-hearted. I like the guy and knowing he is a local junior gives him further appeal for me.
With Sandwich wanting to switch to the centres Parker may be tempted to try his luck as a lock or second rower, although there are a lot of candidates in front of him, including our two 'big' recruitments.
He could join a list of prominent Manly juniors who sooner or later found their way into the forwards from the centres.

Terry Randall is the obvious standout, with an honourable mention to Steve Knight during the 1979 season.

I like that Seibold is proposing to do the things Des wasn't doing, especially developing players with potential, and also that he has a very experienced coaching team. I am feeling much more positive about the future of the club now. It appears Des had lost the ability to be innovative and when he did try something different, it didn't work.
That’s all good, as long as Penn (as Isz alluded to) is giving Mestrov the resources to run the show properly off-field. When Hasler was able to paper over the cracks in 2019 and 2021, things looked ok.

Hit a few speedhumps like an empty CEO chair, or one dept not talking to another over a critical matter, things head south very quickly.

This club has been treading water for far too long. Rearranging the coaching deckchairs might provide a sugar hit, however unless systemic issues elsewhere in the organisation are addressed, we will continue to see our club stumble along like this for years to come.

That’s all good, as long as Penn (as Isz alluded to) is giving Mestrov the resources to run the show properly off-field. When Hasler was able to paper over the cracks in 2019 and 2021, things looked ok.

Hit a few speedhumps like an empty CEO chair, or one dept not talking to another over a critical matter, things head south very quickly.

This club has been treading water for far too long. Rearranging the coaching deckchairs might provide a sugar hit, however unless systemic issues elsewhere in the organisation are addressed, we will continue to see our club stumble along like this for years to come.
Exactly right. We’ve had a great roster for years now. In 2015 we had Jake and Tom coming through plus Foran and Dce.

Obviously in 2016 Foran had left however we bought a heap of players in and had Dce Jake and Tom plus many others.

The reality is this is the third time Penn has re built the footy club and we have only made three out of the last eight finals series.

That’s all good, as long as Penn (as Isz alluded to) is giving Mestrov the resources to run the show properly off-field.

All 16 clubs are reported to have made a profit last year ... and funding is set to increase again this year .... so Penn either doesn't need to put his hand too deep into his pockets, or not at all.

Although Dessie is Keen to take a million out of it.

All 16 clubs are reported to have made a profit last year ... and funding is set to increase again this year .... so Penn either doesn't need to put his hand too deep into his pockets, or not at all.

Although Dessie is Keen to take a million out of it.
Perhaps I should have framed the argument more around governance, than financial resources.

I think a little too early to be impressed. Surely you're not that easily sweet-talked? Effort areas, unlock potential, local juniors... these are just buzzwords. I'm hoping for the best but very wary
Didnt he also say that when he went to the Broncos.. that ended impressively too, for the wrong reasons.

This club has been treading water for far too long. Rearranging the coaching deckchairs might provide a sugar hit, however unless systemic issues elsewhere in the organisation are addressed
I agree with this, but I think (hope) Mestrov may be the glue that holds it all together. The club needs to be professional throughout & I think hiring experienced coaching staff is a good start. The long held tradition of hiring ex Manly players as coaches may have become anachronistic.

Afaik, there are still six places available on our roster. Hopefully, there may be an exciting signing or two to come?

I agree with this, but I think (hope) Mestrov may be the glue that holds it all together. The club needs to be professional throughout & I think hiring experienced coaching staff is a good start. The long held tradition of hiring ex Manly players as coaches may have become anachronistic.

Afaik, there are still six places available on our roster. Hopefully, there may be an exciting signing or two to come?
I have only 5 left (that don't include, but most likely will consist of a combination from Fifita, Vaega, 3 Development players (Chan Kum Tong, Humphreys, Sykes), and 5 Train and Trials (Matterson, Dias, Roache, Stuckey, Ferris)

The long held tradition of hiring ex Manly players as coaches may have become anachronistic.
Certainly seems that way. It's not like any former Manly greats with strong coaching pedigrees are knocking down the door. The only one I'd want is Tooves but even he would need an excellent staff of assistant coaches to be effective.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8