Angus Crichton - the 3 clubs that want him

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I still think a points system is the best approach, oh sure it would mean the Rorters could buy the two best players in the game BUT they’d be limited to TWO!

How is the general state and over alls wterest in Rugby League in Adelaide and S A at the present time .?

The interest in rugby league is definitely there, evidenced by the fact that over 20,000 turned out for the Chooks vs Melbourne game at the Adelaide Oval this year.

The SARL isn't in bad shape as such, but they would have been a lot better off if the Adelaide Rams were still around. Unfortunately there are less teams and players than when I was directly involved. The hope is that with the Chooks committing to playing games here that things will be on the up again like they were in the 90s when we had games here every year and then had the Rams.

The worst thing they ever did for league here was killing off the Rams. It put league's cause back about 20 years.

I don’t blame the player or the buying club it’s the NRL that has these rules. Obvious questions over the Roosters cap management although realistically you would have a young bloke who has a decent offer from his club and a host of other clubs waiting to pounce come Nov 1. Like anyone you would listen to those offers. Then you have your club pressuring you to make a decision. You could sit back and wait, although most players find the contract discussions distract them from plying their best footy so everyone loses in that case. So you put an end to the speculation and pressure and cop it from all sides. NRL need to fix the problem, have a transfer window twice a year at the end and middle of the year (before June 30). Contracts can’t be announced until after season, so even if clubs know a player is gone it can’t be public so everyone can get on with it. It’s a broken system. Clubs and players just work with what they have.
It's a fraudulent system. And it ain't getting fixed anytime soon.

It'd be even more easily corrupted than the cap.

Eels and Roosters would magically lower the points values of their players

No, an independent group would have to value each player prior to a contract being signed , the points value would have to be for the life of the contract.

No, an independent group would have to value each player prior to a contract being signed , the points value would have to be for the life of the contract.
If the NRL can magically decide that Hayne is suddenly worth $600k less before he even hits the open market then I have no faith that a points system would be done equitably.

Not to mention it would force us to shed young guns even more than we do already.

Cant be done. Too many variables. At times people will always pay more or less dependent on circumstances/supply/demand etc.

Look at Ben Hunt for example, the Dragons were desperate to secure a halfback when there were limited other options available, and paid overs for him. You cant blame Ben Hunt for that and any attempt to reduce his potential earnings would be seen as a restraint of trade

The butt hurt from not winning when you dish out millions is severe. Roosters know this better than anyone.

We also know, my memories from 1980 until 1985 are not great.

A champion team will beat a team of champions every time.

Cant be done. Too many variables. At times people will always pay more or less dependent on circumstances/supply/demand etc.

Look at Ben Hunt for example, the Dragons were desperate to secure a halfback when there were limited other options available, and paid overs for him. You cant blame Ben Hunt for that and any attempt to reduce his potential earnings would be seen as a restraint of trade

No I’m not talking about money, if the Dragons wanted to pay him 5 million a year so be it.

I’m talking about a points system with a maximum allowed per team.

Elite players , the top points
Rep players , the next level down.
Established First Graders the next level.
Experienced First Graders the next level.
Rookies with Reserve Grade Experience the next.
Rookies with only junior experience the final level.

I haven’t worked out a points value but you’d basically be able to fit say two Elite players per team and maybe two Rep players per team, and the rest makes up the squad of 30.

You could opt for more Elite players but then have to have the rest as Rookies.

The NRL to provide funding of XXXXX per annum but clubs can pay whatever they want through whatever source for players.

Oh sure , won’t stop the Roosters from having the best two Elites and the best two Reps BUT they couldn’t load up their teams with every Elite player and every Rep player as then they’d be over on points.

It’s not perfect but it would address the spreading of talent more fairly.

IF South Sydney fans are questioning Angus Crichton’s commitment to the club, they only need to look at his hand.

The young star has made the dramatic decision to chop off his finger in order to start the 2018 season with the Rabbitohs.

Foxsports.com.au can reveal the 21-year-old has had his middle finger on his left hand amputated:eek:

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...870c87d5cfb1e7eab09?__twitter_impression=true

Seems like the finger was so screwed up that it was basically easier to not have it. Pretty crazy, but if it is just a useless surgery magnet I guess it was a good decision.

The NRL should just declare open slather.

Some teams already operate under this rule anyway.

But if a club goes broke its bye bye and no assistance other than definite relocation to PNG.

The NRL should just declare open slather.

Some teams already operate under this rule anyway.

But if a club goes broke its bye bye and no assistance other than definite relocation to PNG.
Greenturd would love to flick Clubs.>:)

However, the NRL are contracted to deliver 8 first grade games per week :nerd:

Foxtel and Nine would bankrupt the NRL, likeNews did the ARL :mad:

The young star has made the dramatic decision to chop off his finger in order to start the 2018 season with the Rabbitohs.
Maybe...or maybe that Big paycheck at the rorters is worth losing a finger for and Uncle nick said it has to happen this season!!
krusty.jpg

Hopefully they will now lose Cordner for 2019 as he is being chased big time by cash up titans and knights

There is a reasonable chance of that happening considering he is from the Taree region which will place him only a couple of hours from his home.

I hope he does it for Newcastle's sake
and his.

As each day rolls on the more and more I feel the game I’ve loved for 55 years now is really no more.

I’ll still support my Eagles , but I think I’m done with spending money following them around , on merchandise or memberships.

This isn’t Rugby League, this is some variant that’s moved so far away from the original that it’s barely recognisable.

I know I hear you but I can't stop, it's like a drug isn't it, I will be a supporter till I'm in my grave. And even there then I'll be watching from Uhmmm hopefully above.

I would even support the Mighty Eagles even if they brought in a second division and we were in it. Even if we got the wooden spoon ( I know those things could never happen to us)

I don't care how much crap the NRL throw at us we will survive I won't let them get me down.

Go you Mighty Eagles :h:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8