Andrew Davey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ok well I didn't take him to the gym to see what he could bench...he was thicker, taller and more muscular than I expected.
Sounds dreamy .....
1654575173553.png

I don't think I can add much to the glowing testimonials about Davey that have already been written here.
We all recognise his defence, he times his runs and rarely misses his targets.
He keeps his errors to a minimum. I like that in a player and I'm sure his team mates do as well.

What I've noticed is that Davey runs to the defensive line drawing in defenders, then he offloads to a Manly player in a better position.
This has led to Manly scoring a few tries this year.
A forward playing as a pseudo 5/8th, is Des aware of this????

Davey has earned his place in the team. I like him, let's keep him.

I must admit I am a Davey fan... does the job and assume he wouldn't demand too much coin. I am hopeful we re sign him next season!
me too - never makes a mistake... seems to never miss a tackle - all heart - all effort - does his assignment perfectly... maybe doesn't have the talent of others but has the grit and determination few have every minute of every game. Fabulous player.

me too - never makes a mistake... seems to never miss a tackle - all heart - all effort - does his assignment perfectly... maybe doesn't have the talent of others but has the grit and determination few have every minute of every game. Fabulous player. If we had a team full of players with his attention to what is required of him on game day and his determination we certainly would not be sitting 10th. He might not be splashy... he might not be uber talented but he is just as important on that left side as Haumole is on the right side.

Davey is a Jake type of player and they hold the pack together with their consistency and huge effort. I hope I don't jinx him but he is a player that does not make many mistakes and IMO that is often a product of being a thinking player and staying focused. Davey is crucial to our pack and when fit is always in my starting 13. I like him to start because a good start the game is critical these days. You don't want to start the game on the back of errors and a lack of possession which is what has happened to us in last 18 months when playing the top sides.

Davey is a Jake type of player and they hold the pack together with their consistency and huge effort. I hope I don't jinx him but he is a player that does not make many mistakes and IMO that is often a product of being a thinking player and staying focused. Davey is crucial to our pack and when fit is always in my starting 13. I like him to start because a good start the game is critical these days. You don't want to start the game on the back of errors and a lack of possession which is what has happened to us in last 18 months when playing the top sides.
Absolutely spot on... he is in my thirteen every week as well and I would have already signed him for 23/24. I know Manly might be worried with him being injured a bit... and you can have your Haumole's and Tuilagi's and Haumole is a real talent.... but they don't give the same 100% effort every minute of every game. You can't have a team of star's.... a team of Davey's and Jake's will beat a team of stars more times than not because the team of workers never give up no matter what whereas the team of stars will blow in and out of the game during a game and from week to week. Give me Davey over Tuilagi every day of the week.

I don't think I can add much to the glowing testimonials about Davey that have already been written here.
We all recognise his defence, he times his runs and rarely misses his targets.
He keeps his errors to a minimum. I like that in a player and I'm sure his team mates do as well.

What I've noticed is that Davey runs to the defensive line drawing in defenders, then he offloads to a Manly player in a better position.
This has led to Manly scoring a few tries this year.
A forward playing as a pseudo 5/8th, is Des aware of this????

Davey has earned his place in the team. I like him, let's keep him.

Spot on, one great example last week was his offload for Schu's try, watching the replay you could just tell that he knew what was "on". Got good early ball from Schu, angled in then got the one handed pass outside to Schu in space, he was always looking to offload there.

With Papalii going, they’ve probably promised him a guaranteed starting role each week.

I think in his latest interview he mentioned he lives with RCG and still is mates with most of the Parra boys.

Makes sense.
Also fits the Parra narrative, that they would likely now pay more for him then they could have when they had the opportunity to re-sign him a few years back before he came to us haha!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8