All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Danny Weidler:

"All the talk about Mitch Pearce and the Knights is spot on. Unless there is a last minute change of mind he will end up there"

If I was Pearce, I'd want a genuine shot at the title to stick it up the Roosters, Imagine him in a team that knocked Cooper out of the finals

Then again.....money is also nice

Reading the play twitter:

In response to someone asking if the knights thing is true:

"Could be. Guess the key words are - on the verge and has all but agreed We shall wait and see. His preference has always been Manly, if they can get the deal done with NRL sign off (the issue)."

So it’s the NRL who haven’t allowed the Pearce to Manly deal to happen.

Oh Toddy, the hole you are digging is getting deeper and deeper!

Josh Massoud on twitter!!
I’m thinking the Johns brothers can take a lot of the credit for steering Mitchell Pearce to @NRLKnights. But what about Brock Lamb? I’m expecting him to sign a three-year deal with @SeaEagles and campaign for an immediate release.

FMD, this is getting even more ridiculous by the minute.

Thank the **** I’ll be signing off for half a day whilst flying to Singapore.

If that happens so be it. He'll at least be able to start spending his money on fancy holidays every September...

My player manager mate rang this morning telling me that Pearce's manager had contacted NRL asking if a decision on Manly salary cap situation would be resolved soon, or if they could provide any light on the subject, so the Pearce could make his decision on his future. Evidently there was no response. I actual think we maybe victims again.

Also just checked the Knights forum and discussion there was that Newcastle didn't think they would get him because they didn't offer anywhere near what was reported or were prepared to pay, and they had been told Cronulla were the favourites. Feel sorry for Strone 33, (and me & Snake) over this one because we had him signed (therefore we were right) but he bailed in the cooling off because his manager told him to? as he had serious other offers. But at the end of the day it will be hard to get any evidence other than hearsay.

Again, if true I don't find myself sad about Pearce not coming , yeah it would have been good but at $1mil year? We could get 2 players for that.

So, effectively, after releasing Snake, Matai, Myles, Lawrence, Green and a bunch of others on minimum wage. The salary cap increasing by 2.4 million dollars we were not able to offer Pearce even as much as the 3 mill over four years that the Sharks put on the table, and we’ve pretty much signed no one on big money. In fact we have even relinquished last years big signing in Green. All the while other clubs who have released players are handing out 750k plus contracts for fun. I understand we upgraded the Turbos. And perhaps Marty and Walks are back ended. But we just released our starting 5/8 and apparently couldn’t even get close to the Sharks, let alone Newcastle. I have to say, if we’re that tight, I’m glad we didn’t break the bank for him. Hopefully they will abandon their plans on finding a 5/8, give Hastings the gig and go after Thompson and a good centre.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8