All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Read this article and you'd swear he was one of the greatest halfbacks to ever lace on a boot. Maybe his best is ahead of him and $1mil a season will look cheap in a season or two @:p

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-leaving-sydney-roosters-20171121-gzpzkc.html
It's all a huge game. First and foremost, who in their right mind would believe the Roosters wanted to keep him? That was a giant fake so they wouldn't have to pay any of his salary next year. Very well played.
Now we have his manager, aided and abetted by media leaks and social media placements doing everything possible to create a bidding war for the halfback who notoriously goes missing in the big moments.
Fascinating and a little telling re the ridiculousness that is rugby league.

Maloney to Manly on 600k per for 3 years after the riff's 200k keno TPA is rejected by the powers that be. Maybe get a 100k per TPA for him. A real #6, goal-kicking problem solved and have cash to pick up someone special before june 30 or pay advances for someone to help make hay in the future.
Great solution......if Baz can stop him from being the league's highest penalty-giving liability.
He's not the "perfect" solution but he's a better fit than the dog-rooter and probably almost $1 million cheaper over 3 years while we find and/or groom the next great.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26876

Fair call but was specifically talking about two high paid halves. Would mean we have over 2 million in our 6 and 7. Something has to give elsewhere.... Hence, I think giving a young fella on sub 250 a chance is the way forward. Even Elgey if we can get him for around Green's salary
The Storm pay Smith Cronk and Slater the big bucks in their spine, with the other player receiving a small, but reasonable amount

We'd likely do similar, paying Daly Pearce and Trbojevic the same kind of money (Pearce and Trbo less than Cronk, Slater you'd think). Then Api gets a good, yet reasonable price

Then our spine would be locked in to build plenty of success around

Fluffy

Journey Man
If Pearce doesn't want to be second fiddle to Cronk (which is why the Roosters released him) then would he want to be second fiddle to DCE, whatever he's paid?

bit of a difference to starting as halves partner compared to the roosters plan of coming off the bench

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
bit of a difference to starting as halves partner compared to the roosters plan of coming off the bench
This with the addition of learning behind Cronk....at 28 he would feel he has his own style.
At Manly Pearce will conduct them around the field, with DCE using his natural ability and flair.....this is what Pearce seems to want rather than being second fiddle...or worse still...a bench player.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
The money he demands is out of Manly's reach.:cool:

Knights reportedly have 1.5 million to spend on a half. Plus they have 4 Rorters players going there already @:cool:

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Sorry but I don't rate him at all in club football either. He did not win a premiership on the back of his skill in the number 7. He won it on the back of an atrocious refereeing display by Shane Hayne.

Look where the Roosters ended up when Maloney left. Maloney won a premiership with the sharks while Pearce has lead the roosters into nothing but controversy.

When Maloney left, and Pearce missed a large chunk of the season, they were near the bottom

Pearce comes back, no Maloney, back up in the top 2, after 3 minor premierships in a row before that

Fair to say Pearce can actually play a bit ...

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The money he demands is out of Manly's reach.:cool:
Possibly but don't forget, he didn't quit the Chooks for money, he quit so his playing experience would be more satisfying. If he takes the money and goes to the wooden-spooners he will earn every single cent, the hard way!

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Thurston & Morgan

Thurston is unlikely to be the player he was next year. He'll be 35 and the old body will have taken its toll. Will still play well, but not the Thurston of his heyday Morgan has a way to go in my opinion to match DCE and Pearce, despite the QLD Mafia pushing his case for rep football. DCE has much more impact on the field than Morgan. Just look at the defence comparisons. DCE does about 3 times the defence.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If MP goes to Newcastle his career will be shortened. The dollars will be tempting but it's a hard way to earn it as a half back behind a beaten pack week in and week out. That would be the end of his representative career and appearances in the big end of year games. Im little perplexed by the Penrith/Maloney thing. The fact that Penrith need a 200K TPA suggests to me they don't have as much space under the cap as they would have everyone think. Penrith were never going to keep Moylan, like the Rorters they didn't want to be left paying some of their former player's wages next year and beyond. I actually get annoyed by the bull**** that is fed through the media they must think that everybody else is stupid. I am surprised that Cronulla have much Cap left and i expect that they too are relying on TPA's to be in the market for Pearce. Those circumstances may make us / or made us more attractive. Who knows Maloney might end up at the Knights or the Riff will have to cut someone else loose. Interesting times ahead.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
If Pearce comes, the backline could sizzle depending on the development of a couple of players. I can see

Tom T
Taufua
Walker
T. Wright (Kelly)
Uate (Anderson)
DCE
Pearce.

That is one class backline, potentially the best we've had at Manly.

Clint

Tipping Member
Thurston is unlikely to be the player he was next year. He'll be 35 and the old body will have taken its toll. Will still play well, but not the Thurston of his heyday Morgan has a way to go in my opinion to match DCE and Pearce, despite the QLD Mafia pushing his case for rep football. DCE has much more impact on the field than Morgan. Just look at the defence comparisons. DCE does about 3 times the defence.
Fair points Bear, but if I had to chose a halves pairing to play for a premiership next year, I would undoubtedly chose Thurston & Morgan over DCE & Pearce.
Thurston has unparalleled vision and can still kick goals from just about anywhere on the field.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
No question Thurston is the standout. I consider him the greatest player, ahead of Cam Smith, over the past decade. I just wonder if, at 35 coming back from a serious injury, we will see anything like the Thurston of old. Certainly his goal kicking is a plus. He's ahead of DCE and Pearce but Morgan in my opinion is behind both DCE and Pearce (at this stage).

Bencher
No not even close. Both good players but nowhere near our best pairing. How quickly people forget about the champion combinations we have had in the past so sad.

Really? You don’t think this pairing could be as good as Cliffy and Tooves? Who else do you suggest ? Surely Wally and Alfie has to be the benchmark.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Possibly but don't forget, he didn't quit the Chooks for money, he quit so his playing experience would be more satisfying. If he takes the money and goes to the wooden-spooners he will earn every single cent, the hard way!
Just because he didn't quit the Chooks for money does not mean he left them so he can go to another club and play for less than he is worth .
The Knights may be wooden spooners but they are rebuilding and by signing Pearce they will attract more quality players and the much bigger carrot they are dangling in front of him will also wet his appetite . If he goes to the knights he will also link up with other rooster team mates that have signed there

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
No question Thurston is the standout. I consider him the greatest player, ahead of Cam Smith, over the past decade. I just wonder if, at 35 coming back from a serious injury, we will see anything like the Thurston of old. Certainly his goal kicking is a plus. He's ahead of DCE and Pearce but Morgan in my opinion is behind both DCE and Pearce (at this stage).
Morgan led an injury plagued Cowboys team to the grand final which made him the most dominant half in 2017 IMO. Thurston is not your average 35 year old player . Thurston is a future immortal and just like Cameron smith 35 is just a number in 2018.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Morgan led an injury plagued Cowboys team to the grand final which made him the most dominant half in 2017 IMO. Thurston is not your average 35 year old player . Thurston is a future immortal and just like Cameron smith 35 is just a number in 2018.

Morgan raised his game in the finals but until then he was no where near as good as DCE. Without Thurston they only just scraped across the line to get into the 8 because the dragons had a mind explosion. They were losing consistently towards the end of the season. Just check a few elements of his game such as his defence, kicking, including 40/20s, try scoring involvement. He will probably get better but this kid has been promoted big time by the QLD Mafia PR.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18