All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If Pearce doesn't want to be second fiddle to Cronk (which is why the Roosters released him) then would he want to be second fiddle to DCE, whatever he's paid?

Bencher
This combination could be the greatest pairing ever, in the history of Rugby League. If Pearce joins us, we will win the comp for 2 years straight!

My cousin's mate owns a Cafe in brookvale. The waitress that works there overheard the cleaner talking to his brother in law on the mobile about Pearce signing with manly. Apparently he is a neighbour of Lyall Gorman's barber so he's a reliable source.. So it's a done deal. Just change the title to Pearce signs with manly.

D

Deleted member 24974

This combination could be the greatest pairing ever, in the history of Rugby League. If Pearce joins us, we will win the comp for 2 years straight!
It’s not scary, it’s great.

Ripper

Reserve Grader
If Pearce doesn't want to be second fiddle to Cronk (which is why the Roosters released him) then would he want to be second fiddle to DCE, whatever he's paid?
I would imagine because that’s not what Manly would have pitched to him. Come to Manly, team first....you’re not playing second fiddle to anyone. The narrative that the Roosters gave Pearce was exactly that, you’re now second banana buddy. Hence him getting out of there.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly

The rumour was that he was tapped on the shoulder and told he will likely play in the no.14.

The club wants to extend Keary, so Pearce was going to have to fight for his spot. Also Cronk was never going to play 5/8 so Pearce would have to play at 6 (although 6 and 7 are interchangeable these days). Also its a kick in the guts to be replaced by a guy who has 2 years at best.

Pearce to Manly would likely see DCE shift to 5/8, like Thurston did. DCE is also a strong defensive half so he should have no issue in the no.6.

Christol74

Reserve Grader
We all know Pearce has been an abject failure when it comes to Origin for NSW, but in club football he is a different player and as we know all too well, he has won an NRL premiership as a halfback.

Its actually been his club form that saw him constantly in the NSW team (that and for the past decade there has really been no one other than Hodko who's knees made sure his time at the top was short and sweet).

As to who would play where? The #6 and #7 are so interchangeable these days that it really doesn't matter.

Sorry but I don't rate him at all in club football either. He did not win a premiership on the back of his skill in the number 7. He won it on the back of an atrocious refereeing display by Shane Hayne.

Look where the Roosters ended up when Maloney left. Maloney won a premiership with the sharks while Pearce has lead the roosters into nothing but controversy.

D

Deleted member 24974

Sorry but I don't rate him at all in club football either. He did not win a premiership on the back of his skill in the number 7. He won it on the back of an atrocious refereeing display by Shane Hayne.

Look where the Roosters ended up when Maloney left. Maloney won a premiership with the sharks while Pearce has lead the roosters into nothing but controversy.

Nonsense! Manly will have the two best halves in the competition next
Season.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart

I dont think that's the problem ALinda. Its not that he doesnt want to play second fiddle to Cronk. Its that he is likely to be placed on the bench as a super sub because Keery would be 5/8. At Manly he will be either half or 5/8 (the former more likely) and he'll play the full game.

bringbackbeaver

Reserve Grader
Storm seem to do ok with a marquee spine...
Fair call but was specifically talking about two high paid halves. Would mean we have over 2 million in our 6 and 7. Something has to give elsewhere.... Hence, I think giving a young fella on sub 250 a chance is the way forward. Even Elgey if we can get him for around Green's salary

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
My cousin's mate owns a Cafe in brookvale. The waitress that works there overheard the cleaner talking to his brother in law on the mobile about Pearce signing with manly. Apparently he is a neighbour of Lyall Gorman's barber so he's a reliable source.. So it's a done deal. Just change the title to Pearce signs with manly.
I think my Auntie's, third cousin's brother in law, who once minded Scott Penn's cat, was in that cafe and heard it too.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Fair call but was specifically talking about two high paid halves. Would mean we have over 2 million in our 6 and 7. Something has to give elsewhere.... Hence, I think giving a young fella on sub 250 a chance is the way forward. Even Elgey if we can get him for around Green's salary
Good thing that Kelly is on $150k then, peanuts for a centre. So let’s just pretend that we get Pearce for $700k and Kelly is costing us $450k. Problem solved!

Rosko

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Apparently some Manly fans are really against the idea of Pearce joining us, I get that some fans disagree with this decision but some people are even considering leaving. I disagree with some of the decisions over the years at Manly but I still support them and I will always support them. https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/...es-fans-furious-over-possible-pearce-arrival/
I would rather have Joel Thompson. But I’ll settle for a goal kicker (yeah, has everyone forgotten that little item?).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18