All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When i first noticed these Pearce to Manly reports i really didn "t think that they could be taken seriously but as time has moved on , it could well be a live option as something major will have to give at the Roosters to accommodate Cronk . Apparently the Roosters prefer Keary at 5/ 8 and doubt that Pearce would entertain playing as a 9 . Would probably come at the similar value as Moylan , does not seem to have Green "s repeat set "s ability but of course is a much more capable and better performer the Green . So i guess on this scenario [ and contingent ] on Green being released to the Warriors, maybe Hastings to somewhere [ but surely better Brown ] Pearce has played 6 for the blues and in all fairness can only again be regarded as a very capable and well rated player . No reason why he could not be a valuable player for the Sea Eagles .

Green's defence is the real concern. Pearce is light years ahead of Green in terms of defence. It's funny how people only really evaluate a player on what they can do in offence.

Light years ahead?

Pearce - Average 2.7 missed tackles per game
Green - Average 2 missed tackles per game

Pearce - Average 2.5 missed tackles per game
Green - Average 1.9 missed tackles per game

The roosters may want to get rid of Friend but I cannot see Pearce wanting to play hooker as it will shorten his career tackling the big forwards all game

As a result he may want out

Guess it depends how much freight the Roosters would pick up

If he is on the 800k reported I'd be wanting the roosters to pick up 300-400k. If we were paying the full 800 then why not just go for Cronk

Guess it depends how much freight the Roosters would pick up

If he is on the 800k reported I'd be wanting the roosters to pick up 300-400k. If we were paying the full 800 then why not just go for Cronk
Because Cronk has 2 years left. Pearce has 6.

Light years ahead?

It would be fantastic for your argument if it worked that way, but missed tackle stats have little to do with it...

It's about the reads in defence that affect the players around you and Manly had issues down Green's edge all year.

It's also about the poor defence that leads directly to points. API misses more tackles than both Green and Pearce, but anyone with even a casual understanding of the game can see that API is excellent defender and his missed tackles this year are normally big forwards running hard out of their own danger zone, not missed tackles that contribute the result of a match.

It's the old adage, stats only tell part of the story. Green is a soft defender (watch Gutho's try at Brookie in rd1). Pearce is quite robust and really hits hard.

It would be fantastic for your argument if it worked that way, but missed tackle stats have little to do with it...

It's about the reads in defence that affect the players around you and Manly had issues down Green's edge all year.

It's also about the poor defence that leads directly to points. API misses more tackles than both Green and Pearce, but anyone with even a casual understanding of the game can see that API is excellent defender and his missed tackles this year are normally big forwards running hard out of their own danger zone, not missed tackles that contribute the result of a match.

It's the old adage, stats only tell part of the story. Green is a soft defender (watch Gutho's try at Brookie in rd1). Pearce is quite robust and really hits hard.

Well why not say that in the first place? What you have written above is great and makes sense but just "light years ahead" didn't.

Thanks for clarifying.

I rate Mitchell Pearce as a good footballer and IMO he would be a good acquisition for Manly at the right price. He would be awesome if he adopted his old man's work ethic and healthy lifestyle. The dominoes appearing to be falling. I note a post in our signings forum that Hastings allegedly signed with Melbourne yesterday and obviously Green would find the prospect of a longer term contract at the Warriors attractive. I hope it happens.

Light years ahead?

That is crap crap, Green gets caught out of position and back pedals and stuffs up the whole structure. He doesn't miss the tackle like the stats say (that implies he gets a hand on them first and misses) What we notice is he misses by grabbing at thin air or the opposition player just runs straight pass him, or sets up his outside back with ease. that is the main concern. Green doesn't put his body on the line. Pierce is not afraid of doing the tough tackling and tackles more often!

Pearce is still enjoying coca-cola in a very heavy way, esp. during the season and even games.
Big liability.

I dont think theyd want to get rid of friend.. Guys a grub, but one of the best hookers going.
The blokes in the ballin limbo zone when it comes to rep.. Had smith not owned the qld 9 jersey i think friend would have been the qld 9 for the last 3-4 years
The roosters may want to get rid of Friend but I cannot see Pearce wanting to play hooker as it will shorten his career tackling the big forwards all game

As a result he may want out

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7