All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Holmsey

Bencher
Dont base how much money we have on what the media says. According to the media we have 1 million one week then none the next.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Politis will rue signing Cronk. The shabby treatment of Pearce and then not letting him go to a strong club will adversary affect the remainder of the squad. They will be thinking that they will probably treated the same way after they gave played more than 200 games over 10 years for the Roosters.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Politis will rue signing Cronk. The shabby treatment of Pearce and then not letting him go to a strong club will adversary affect the remainder of the squad. They will be thinking that they will probably treated the same way after they gave played more than 200 games over 10 years for the Roosters.
You’re right, but I don’t think nick cares. He has happily presided over easts yo-yoing from bottom 4 to top 4 and back again as he turns over players.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
They can refuse Pearce leaving (provided the cap has not burst at every seam and the 3rd book is WELL hidden)
They won't be able to control his destination once released - this will be his decision from that point....could be a handy signing....

Mango

Reserve Grader
Wasnt Myles contacted for 3yrs from 2016? Could we be paying the Storm to take him off or hands? Can't see the Storm paying him $500k like we were. I reckon we'd be footing part of his salary this year and next. That'd cancel out any money saved on Lawrence along with 2 replacements.
Yeah, I reckon he played for
Them this year for free ( half a season) plus we are probably footing $100-$200k this year

brad

First Grader
There is also a rise in the cap (although DCE eats a portion of that as his deal accretes with the cap rises...)
Spot on Loobs and every other marquee player from other clubs increases as well . I dont get it that we r on watch , turbos obviously are increased and so they should be as dce , but gee we have let some players go the last couple of years and throw in Lyon , matai and Stewart . Its a bit of a turn off that some clubs seem to be under the radar and some more then others .

tookey

First Grader
A regular at work said he ran into an x knight player the other day and was told Pearce will not be released to manly . He went on to say that politis wouldn't let him go to manly because pearce at manly would make us an automatic top 4 side and , that he doesn't want . I said Pearce can go where he wants if released and he said if its to manly the roosters will keep him . Dont know how much truth is in this , but it wouldn't surprise me .
Word is politiis won't release Pearce to us or sharks only Newcastle as they are not a top 4 threat.
If Pearce goes to the Knights Brock lamb will request an immediately release and word is we wanT him to replace green

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
A regular at work said he ran into an x knight player the other day and was told Pearce will not be released to manly . He went on to say that politis wouldn't let him go to manly because pearce at manly would make us an automatic top 4 side and , that he doesn't want . I said Pearce can go where he wants if released and he said if its to manly the roosters will keep him . Dont know how much truth is in this , but it wouldn't surprise me .

So that would rule Sharks out too? As that would make them an even bigger threat?

Politis shouldnt be on both boards, the roosters and the NRL. You cant tell me thats not a conflict of interest. While these blokes are allowed to do as they please, run the league however suits them, then the league will continue to spiral out of control and suffer bigtime. Its blatant to see who the Sydney clubs they want to get stronger and be successful, and Manly isnt one of them. Manly has always been a threat to Politis and his mob. He doesnt want us to get stronger because it means we are a threat to them

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Myles's money and Lawrence's makes for around 700K alone, which, though chopped into with depth signings of current is still enough when combined by how much money we'd have had in the cap beforehand. If Green leaves on top of that as well, with a bit of Pearce's contract to be used with TPA's you'd think we'd have surplus cap space to fit him in
Sipley(for Lawrence) and Tanginoa(for Myles),Sipley and Tanginoa would be combined $400K at least which leaves $300K of your $700K.Pasekas' elevation into top 30 in place of Kennedy would be at least on same money(if not more),Croker would be on more money than Godinet who he is replacing,so there is probably another $75K gone....you have to replace what you lose so it does not add up to as much room as you might think.I have no access to figures but looking at the deals etc... we seem to be trying to wrangle,I would hazard an unintelligent guess at maybe $400K to play with depending on who gets moved to create more room.You also have to factor an extra 5 players into the increase in the cap instead of just 25 players....

Snake

Snake's Alive!
If Pearce wants out, there is nothing in it for the Roosters to keep him. They are not the kind of club to worry too much about anyone...if you are Nick Politis and you have 800k in the bank, you darn well spend it on a player who wants to be there and we all know the Roosters can take their pick of the stars.

There was something in the Lurker about Politis being prepared to release Pearce to the Knights so maybe that's where the long bow has been drawn...

I doubt he is dumb enough to try and manipulate the rosters of the 15 other clubs...his club has to beat someone to win the title.

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If Pearce wants out, there is nothing in it for the Roosters to keep him. They are not the kind of club to worry too much about anyone...if you are Nick Politis and you have 800k in the bank, you darn well spend it on a player who wants to be there and we all know the Roosters can take their pick of the stars.

There was something in the Lurker about Politis being prepared to release Pearce to the Knights so maybe that's where the long bow has been drawn...

I doubt he is dumb enough to try and manipulate the rosters of the 15 other clubs...his club has to beat someone to win the title.
This is such a trible game if you have one or two tribes totally dominat against the rest due to perceived or real bias the other tribes not in the “circle of priveledge” will loose interest .You can’t have Rorters v Donkeys everyweek.Again another reason why Greenburg is totally out of his depth and is the last person that sb running the NRL .Old uncle Nick just shows that pathetic excuse for a CEO a few shiney trinkets pats him on his bald spot and sends him on his way .So again Greenburg get out of there you have no business in that business poor crowds ,inept refereeing,TPA rorts,bias,real cap rorts,poor crowds,outdated stadia policy,I have probly forgotten 4 or 5 other issues which I’m happy to be reminded of these are but some of the huge issues you have not even attempted to fix.Time to go Greenburg

D

Deleted member 26876

Sipley(for Lawrence) and Tanginoa(for Myles),Sipley and Tanginoa would be combined $400K at least which leaves $300K of your $700K.Pasekas' elevation into top 30 in place of Kennedy would be at least on same money(if not more),Croker would be on more money than Godinet who he is replacing,so there is probably another $75K gone....you have to replace what you lose so it does not add up to as much room as you might think.I have no access to figures but looking at the deals etc... we seem to be trying to wrangle,I would hazard an unintelligent guess at maybe $400K to play with depending on who gets moved to create more room.You also have to factor an extra 5 players into the increase in the cap instead of just 25 players....
Though I agree, we are still clearly chasing Pearce, so, imo that shows that we are fine

D

Deleted member 24974

Didn’t the salary cap increase from 7 million in 2017 to 9.4 million in 2018 ?

SLR5000

Reserve Grader
I say let green go, if Hastings attitude is the issue with him then give croker a go.
he has the ability, let's see hi he goes in our system.