All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Funny what rep footy does to a player. Only yesterday, when watching Will Chambers, I thought jeez he plays so, so much better for Melbourne. Pearces club form, let's be fair, is nothing short of outstanding. To me, he plays like a more skilled version of Foran (and maybe even an upgrade on Foz). Imagine having that back at Manly.

As I said in another thread, gutted Greeny would be gone though.

Shark, I know your new, but seriously. Do you have your head in a sand bucket.... this outstanding organisation has been talking about Pearce for 3 days? Please refer back to my prior posts for a real assessment. Ain't going to happen till Rooster give a release and as at 20 mins ago the answer is still NO! They are meeting on Tuesday and I can assure you no final decision will be made for a few days later because the Rooster will put plenty of pressure on him in the mean time.
A better discussion is whether Mark from Brisbane will end up with a smile on his face tonight, whether there is a blue moon rising, or will my will wife still love me tomorrow?

Robinson has told Pearce if he stays he will be playing bench hooker and limited minutes. If thats the case Pearce wont stay.

• 📚
Reactions: Ned
Robinson has told Pearce if he stays he will be playing bench hooker and limited minutes. If thats the case Pearce wont stay.
Sounds implausible . Is Pearce screwing Robbo's daughter :think:

The NRL's musical chairs recruitment strategy is irritating :cool:

If reports are correct, why would Pearce leave the Rorters? He's allegedly being offered a position as a utility bench player. Sweet! He'll get the same money for playing one-quarter of the time with virtually no pressure, which will be on Cronk. In two years when Cronk retires Pearce will probably be asked to return to playing as a halfback at an even higher salary.

Nov 1 is irrelevant to either of these. Thompson has been given permission to explore options so assuming he has been granted a release pending a decent deal he can sign and announce whenever. Pearce is signed until end of 2019 so technically can’t sign anywhere until Nov 1 2018. Again if he is given permission which doesn’t seem the case yet he could announce whenever. Cronk of course has been released from his storm contract so also can sign and announce whenever.
I think Pearce will be asked to be utility and as a back up for Friend. Anyone will see that it won't sit well with him which is natural after being one of the leaders in the team. Either he will ask for a release sooner or later thus the club not having to offload him at a bargain price to any other club. I guess the club is happy to keep paying him but will be pushing his buttons so that he leaves on his own accord. Calllous? I'd say more like being pragmatic. He has been looked after and supported with some of the incidents but in the end the club sees that he doesn't have the ability to be the full time organiser.

Criticism against Pearce regarding SOO matches is a little unfair. He was up against probably the two best halves in the past 10 years in the game in Thurston and Cronk. And he certainly didnt have the advantage of top quality 5/8s, not to forget a hooker of Cam Smith's level. I think he did very well taking on that group and remaining competitive. I think he's been a little unfairly assessed given the team backing him all those years.

Yes- this SOO stuff is pretty dumb to access him on....there has not been 1 half that looked good in the Qld dominated series period.
I will go a step further and say it’s hard to pick 1 PLAYER to shine for NSW in this time....and in my time involved in footy, yet to see a half who has looked good behind a badly beaten team.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10