All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
D

Deleted member 26876

I with option 4. A transfer window is needed to end this speculative media crap. Lets see we where told moylan done deal are waiting for 3 weeks now thompson now pearce i say.
End the bull**** fans a decision not to be rorted because a paper needs clicks with ads because october a **** month for sports news with no cricket started no rugby spring tour and or rl test series. No one cares about nbl or a league.
Its a ****ing rort by journos
What's the fun in a transfer window. So contained. It's a free country, let people pick where they want to play when they want to pick where they want to play. Much better idea than a bloody draft system though! That's an american concept of which makes players turn into a deck of cards, "i'll give you these two ok cards if i can take a good card", "you get to pick your card first" blah blah bull****

Jigzkiller

Bencher
Latest article suggests he will be going to the Knights as Politis will be more likely to release him to them than us. Not sure what rules are for linking news to site so will not link article. It's from Buzz so probably take it with a grain of salt but it does seem feasible also mentioned his links with Guerra, Kenny-Dowell and Watson.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Latest article suggests he will be going to the Knights as Politis will be more likely to release him to them than us. Not sure what rules are for linking news to site so will not link article. It's from Buzz so probably take it with a grain of salt but it does seem feasible also mentioned his links with Guerra, Kenny-Dowell and Watson.
The biggest issue is they’ll pay full freight, all of his 800-900k, you can bet we will only pay a part!!

Therin lies the real issue.

winnyason

Bencher
What's the fun in a transfer window. So contained. It's a free country, let people pick where they want to play when they want to pick where they want to play. Much better idea than a bloody draft system though! That's an american concept of which makes players turn into a deck of cards, "i'll give you these two ok cards if i can take a good card", "you get to pick your card first" blah blah bull****
It’s total bull**** at present. Journos are filling news space with speculative reports with done deal. In realty there having a discussion and not sure what there doing but that won’t get people interested.

D

Deleted member 26876

It’s total bull**** at present. Journos are filling news space with speculative reports with done deal. In realty there having a discussion and not sure what there doing but that won’t get people interested.
Good point, although the dribble that's coming out from them hasn't really been off the mark on too many occasions (other than lurker as always), eg cronk to roosters, moses to eels (and angry at tigpies). I think they just all combine to make massive scenes over some little things at times which make them seem the way they seem

Media over exaggerate everything....
e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g

winnyason

Bencher
Good point, although the dribble that's coming out from them hasn't really been off the mark on too many occasions (other than lurker as always), eg cronk to roosters, moses to eels (and angry at tigpies). I think they just all combine to make massive scenes over some little things at times which make them seem the way they seem

Media over exaggerate everything....
e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g
Yeah it’s frustrating our club seems to be linked to any big name at present as we have some cap space. I believe the media can sometimes scare players away from signing with rival clubs.

D

Deleted member 26876

Yeah it’s frustrating our club seems to be linked to any big name at present as we have some cap space. I believe the media can sometimes scare players away from signing with rival clubs.
I agree with that too, then again we may never know if we were truly targeting some players, eg moylan

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The biggest issue is they’ll pay full freight, all of his 800-900k, you can bet we will only pay a part!!

Therin lies the real issue.

I agree but we are in a better position as a club player wise compared to the knights, we have a better opportunity for a premiership in the next few years than the knights.

I think the prospect of playing alongside DCE would be attractive for Pearce but playing alongside old teammates at the knights would be also to.

I really can't see him staying at the roosters
Still think we are front runners for his signature but time will tell.

Oh and yes I want Thompson to sign with us also soon would be nice.

Roger_Ramjet

Ex Forum boofhead, now legennnnd!
Here's my take on Pearce. Much maligned by other fans unfairly. He is a very hard worker and defensively very dependable. Attacking wise... well this has been a problem for us with him. He needs a leader as the other half to succeed. Carney was one, so was Maloney... Keary wasn't because probably his age or even his personality OR perhaps he hasn't had enough time at the club to get that leadership...therefore Pearce leading the way in 2017 had plenty of ups & downs. If he goes to Manly, DCE will be in total control and that will suit Jnr Jnr.

Sad to see Pearce go because he put the effort all the time even when he went missing and he's also a good kid even though like most enjoys his fun times. At the end of the day we were not going to improve in the organisation aspect with Pearce so the call had to be made, even after 10 years where the club stood by him...

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Here's my take on Pearce. Much maligned by other fans unfairly. He is a very hard worker and defensively very dependable. Attacking wise... well this has been a problem for us with him. He needs a leader as the other half to succeed. Carney was one, so was Maloney... Keary wasn't because probably his age or even his personality OR perhaps he hasn't had enough time at the club to get that leadership...therefore Pearce leading the way in 2017 had plenty of ups & downs. If he goes to Manly, DCE will be in total control and that will suit Jnr Jnr.

Sad to see Pearce go because he put the effort all the time even when he went missing and he's also a good kid even though like most enjoys his fun times. At the end of the day we were not going to improve in the organisation aspect with Pearce so the call had to be made, even after 10 years where the club stood by him...
Do you see Cronk as a good buy?

SBW is a totally different personality.
He had his physical stature and other sports achievements to impress the Players.

I don't think that Cronk barking orders out on the field, at players not as automated as the Scumos, will serve your Club well long term.

Pearce should have been informed by the Club as to the direction they were taking @:cool:

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Personally I don’t think he’ll leave , it’s more likely they’ll unload Friend ( if in fact your Salary Cap Sombrero isn’t working).

It’s all just typical media bull**** click bait!

D

Deleted member 26876

I agree but we are in a better position as a club player wise compared to the knights, we have a better opportunity for a premiership in the next few years than the knights.

I think the prospect of playing alongside DCE would be attractive for Pearce but playing alongside old teammates at the knights would be also to.

I really can't see him staying at the roosters
Still think we are front runners for his signature but time will tell.

Oh and yes I want Thompson to sign with us also soon would be nice.
Living in the Northern Beaches is a more attractive prospect than living in Newcastle as well

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
13 7 6 -55 18