Absolutely disgraceful

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That is an interesting proposal .... it should be like an interactive video game .... at the beginning when you log on there should be a range of on hand commentators along with their Bios, affiliations and qualifications ... then you can choose to listen to, or "ignore".... so that only those chosen come through your audio ....
Or... just have unbiased, intelligent commentary instead of catering to the lowest common denominator all the time lol

They let the devil in the door when they began to confuse commentators with comedians and entertainers .....
The only one that was ever good was Doug Mulray, when he used to commentate on the Tooheys 1000 back in the late 80’s. I think they stopped using him, because as a guest commentator he was better informed, entertaining and incisive, as well being non biased. All of the things that the normal commentary teams still can’t match in most sports..

The only one that was ever good was Doug Mulray, when he used to commentate on the Tooheys 1000 back in the late 80’s. I think they stopped using him, because as a guest commentator he was better informed, entertaining and incisive, as well being non biased. All of the things that the normal commentary teams still can’t match in most sports..

Only because there were'nt any Jaquars in the race .... then you would of heard some major bias. .. loved Dougie .... hahaha ... TV seemed a good idea at the time ... hahahahah ...

I'd take Roy & HG if its entertainment ... but Douggie wasn't bad

I got great satisfaction when we won against the Cowboys on a number of fronts. One was enjoying the thought of Sea Gulls Hodges and his cohorts sucking eggs!

Hodges should only be called on to commentate Seagulls games.
i thought he made a mistake the fist time but to persist with the seagull crap i think the dumb oath was trying to be a smart arse why is it the dumbest think they are smart ??

Roy and HG’s commentary was great.. you had no idea how the game was going, and only knew that Braith Anasta had the ball when one of them yelled “OVER RATED”!! @:D
When Alan Tongue had the ball they used to say "they slipped the Tongue in." @:D

Roy and HG’s commentary was great.. you had no idea how the game was going, and only knew that Braith Anasta had the ball when one of them yelled “OVER RATED”!! @:D

Calling Walters "The Cumquat..." and them commentating when Marty Bella dropped the ball off the kickoff is one of my favourite SOO memories...

As the game kicks off:
"Come on Marty, do something funny...OHHH! HE'S DROPPED THE BALL FROM THE KICK OFF!!"

That is an interesting proposal .... it should be like an interactive video game .... at the beginning when you log on there should be a range of on hand commentators along with their Bios, affiliations and qualifications ... then you can choose to listen to, or "ignore".... so that only those chosen come through your audio ....
I like it Woodsie....imagine a Classic section withRex Mossop on the call....every week I’d be on Rex

Billy Slater is one of the very few ex-footballers who are making a fist of commentating.
Why Channel Nein thinks a posse of brain-addled former Queensland players contribute something to a broadcast is beyond me. All I can work out is that the Donkeys and Cowboys are paying Nein to employ these buffoons in a ploy that subverted the salary cap when they were still playing. Guaranteeing them a job after they retire may be smart, but it is truly irritating for those watching the coverage.

This is it. News Corp has a majority stake in the Brisbane Broncos, the promise of a high paying Fox Sports job is how they got veteran players like Parker and Hodges signing for unders.

Wasn't it the promise of a job after football for Robbie Farah that got the Tigpies a salary cap penalty like the one we are currently carrying?

Hmmmmmm :lipssealed:

It must be incredibly frustrating for those who go into sports journalism hoping to do things like call football games on the radio or on television. To be good at it and fully qualified (like the young guy who called the Manly vs Sharks trial earlier this year) only to see those jobs constantly filled by ex-footballers, most of whom couldn't put a coherent sentence together if they tried.

Last edited:
Billy Slater is one of the very few ex-footballers who are making a fist of commentating.
Why Channel Nein thinks a posse of brain-addled former Queensland players contribute something to a broadcast is beyond me. All I can work out is that the Donkeys and Cowboys are paying Nein to employ these buffoons in a ploy that subverted the salary cap when they were still playing. Guaranteeing them a job after they retire may be smart, but it is truly irritating for those watching the coverage.

Unfortunately, your right. Slater has actually turned out to be fairly decent on the microphone. Still plugs for Melbourne and Qld obviously, but at least he's able to articulate without sounding like a drongo. The other two that Nein have employed full time this year, Thurston and Thaiday, have been hopeless. For his part, Thurston seems to be on a crusade to make "Uh" the most commonly used "word" in the English language.

The World Cup takes place from May 30 to July 14, over 45 days.

Just Short of a Length with Roy and HG will air every Saturday between 10am-12pm over the duration of the competition.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7