Absolutely disgraceful

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I know we all have our personal views on this commentator or that. Some like the ones others hate etc etc

But can someone tell me ANYONE who thinks Justin Hodges is up to speaking on national television??!!

He is slow, dim witted, adds zero worthwhile analysis and his actual oration skills are horrendous.

In the last 10 years, there has to be a hundred other ex-players more worthy of a spot getting paid to commentate league.

He sounds no different at all to the punch drunk loser who sits at the corner of a bar gibbering to themselves.

Frankly there are far too many ex-players getting media roles. This goes for cricket as well as RL.
Being a radio and television journalist/presenter is a career that only a few are suited to. As long as they know the game, have a feel for action and business-like relations with players and officials then give me a professional journalist every time. Gordon Bray is a perfect example in the RU field.
It's fine to have one ex-player provide some 'colour' to the broadcast, but they should be smart and insightful like Peter Sterling. I also think Cooper Cronk will be such a commentator.
My comments also stretch to cricket where Ritchie Benaud was streets ahead, primarily because he was a career journalist who understood print and broadcast media. I always hated listening to Tony Greig, and now Michael Clarke is equally annoying.
Channel Nein has gone to ridiculous lengths to try to appeal to everyone, which means they have 7-8 ex-players and some attractive females trying to justify their roles where 2-3 journalists/broadcast experts would be more than enough.

Frankly there are far too many ex-players getting media roles. This goes for cricket as well as RL.
Being a radio and television journalist/presenter is a career that only a few are suited to. As long as they know the game, have a feel for action and business-like relations with players and officials then give me a professional journalist every time. Gordon Bray is a perfect example in the RU field.
It's fine to have one ex-player provide some 'colour' to the broadcast, but they should be smart and insightful like Peter Sterling. I also think Cooper Cronk will be such a commentator.
My comments also stretch to cricket where Ritchie Benaud was streets ahead, primarily because he was a career journalist who understood print and broadcast media. I always hated listening to Tony Greig, and now Michael Clarke is equally annoying.
Channel Nein has gone to ridiculous lengths to try to appeal to everyone, which means they have 7-8 ex-players and some attractive females trying to justify their roles where 2-3 journalists/broadcast experts would be more than enough.
You obviously didn't see Wille "Dr Teeth" Mason's tweet during the week - "if you haven't played the game shut your effin mouth"

100% agree. In the 2nd half he started to get things a bit more right and cut off a couple of tries with his run in

People also forget that Parker was fairly ordinary his first couple of games this season as well

Walker isn’t anywhere near peak form yet as anyone would agree, but his peak form is game breaking rep level centre. We are all stoked with Parker because he has gone from awful to a serviceable NRL centre, I’m not sure his ceiling is a lot higher than what we are getting at the moment, which is perfectly adequate and handy to have in a squad, but won’t win you a game
Walker can be very special in attack - no question; however, I have always had an issue with his defence. His deficiencies are nothing new; having said that, time under Des may see a change in this regard. I am happy to see if he can turn it around by year's end - if not, I suspect he will be shown the door and it wouldn't upset me if we did.

Glad we won so I could justify listening to 80 minutes of those nauseating one-eyed, unprofessional, classless, punch-drunk, inept, dribbling mouth-breathers in the commentary box.

If Fox insists on having Queenslanders commentate games with a Queensland team, do they actually have any that have an IQ above room temperature?

I know we all have our personal views on this commentator or that. Some like the ones others hate etc etc

But can someone tell me ANYONE who thinks Justin Hodges is up to speaking on national television??!!

He is slow, dim witted, adds zero worthwhile analysis and his actual oration skills are horrendous.

In the last 10 years, there has to be a hundred other ex-players more worthy of a spot getting paid to commentate league.

He sounds no different at all to the punch drunk loser who sits at the corner of a bar gibbering to themselves.

There must be some deal in place for these players for media careers after they retire for taking 'x' amount and helping out the club.

It's the only explanation I can think of.

Another farce was the post game show on Fox where Qldr Vonnie did nothing but bemoan ref decisions against the Cows and then declared Fainu's tackle at the end was a wishbone and therefore required judiciary review. Fuk me could they be any more biased last night.

Another farce was the post game show on Fox where Qldr Vonnie did nothing but bemoan ref decisions against the Cows and then declared Fainu's tackle at the end was a wishbone and therefore required judiciary review. Fuk me could they be any more biased last night.

I wish they would just double the amount of callers and give us a choice of (for example, last night) One commentary team biased towards Nth Qld and the other more for Manly fans.

There must be some deal in place for these players for media careers after they retire for taking 'x' amount and helping out the club.

It's the only explanation I can think of.

This is it. News Corp has a majority stake in the Brisbane Broncos, the promise of a high paying Fox Sports job is how they got veteran players like Parker and Hodges signing for unders.

I was thinking the same thing during the game, never thought I would be counting down the days till he comes back. Even Suli's defence is better than Walker's

I know Walker is probably lacking confidence due to all he's been through, but I wonder if he's been told he won't be re signed past this season?

I think we should actually complain to Foxtel about it. I just did. We pay them way too much for commentary that is completely one sided. My comments were all around our money because that's all they hear at Foxtel. Good luck with it though. Unsurprisingly, it takes forever to find the complaint mechanism.
Can you imagine if he called the Broncos the Brumbies. He'd be out on his ear. Tell us where and how you complained so we can all do it. We shouldn't have to put up with this rubbish. Its a disgrace.

I normally prefer Fox calls but last night's call of the Seagulls and Cowgirls was the absolute worst call I have ever heard on tv full stop ... thankfully we wont have another game in Kattertown this year so we will hopefully hear Brandy's calls again

So a Warriors player is taken before getting to the ball same as what Gosi did last night although this one looked worse however the Warriors player still managed to get to the ball and score. It was still a professional foul in the act of scoring yet why no sin bin. Oh sorry yes now I know cause it's the purple scum. Next minute after Warriors get to 10-2 lead scam smith has ref Perenium holed up telling him how he should be reffing and all of a sudden 4 penalties in a row to the scum and they score. What a farce

Can you imagine if he called the Broncos the Brumbies. He'd be out on his ear. Tell us where and how you complained so we can all do it. We shouldn't have to put up with this rubbish. Its a disgrace.
Sign in. Go all the way to the bottom to (in tiny font) Contact Us. Then to Lodge a Complaint. Submit a complaint. Fill in form.

Just watched 10mins of Brisbane v Titans and turned it off as they have rolled out the same mob apart from changing one village idiot to another with Parker coming in for Hodges

He couldn’t get one coherent sentence out and his voice is diabolical

I know Walker is probably lacking confidence due to all he's been through, but I wonder if he's been told he won't be re signed past this season?

Doubt Des would be the type of coach to fill him with something like that knowing he is low on confidence. But having said that i don't see us putting an offer bigger or as big (if any) to him going fwd. But that should be what motivates you the most.

I actually rate Walker as a player and want to see him get back to his best. But since he has been back he keeps making the same plays over and over again that puts his winger in no mans land.

He might be a right sided player but his errors are easy to target. St George will throw everything down his side this weekend so i am still waiting to see something that shows some improvement.

I wish they would just double the amount of callers and give us a choice of (for example, last night) One commentary team biased towards Nth Qld and the other more for Manly fans.

That is an interesting proposal .... it should be like an interactive video game .... at the beginning when you log on there should be a range of on hand commentators along with their Bios, affiliations and qualifications ... then you can choose to listen to, or "ignore".... so that only those chosen come through your audio ....

That is an interesting proposal .... it should be like an interactive video game .... at the beginning when you log on there should be a range of on hand commentators along with their Bios, affiliations and qualifications ... then you can choose to listen to, or "ignore".... so that only those chosen come through your audio ....

Currently 'mute' would still be the most popular.

It's probably similar in other sports but using the nhl as an example, the home teams always have their own commentators so for at least half the games you get your own 'home team biased' commentators.

I guess with a chunk of teams in Sydney that wouldn't work, and / or the networks are too busy throwing cash at ex players who can't speak as opposed to producing more game callers so customers could have a choice. A decent choice as well. I wouldn't want to hear Fletcher trying to be funny for 80 mins either.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8