Aaron Woods ???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We don't need someone who gets the ball ambles forward into the opposition turns his back & takes dolly steps for a round 2 meters before meekly & slowly being lowered to the ground. Sits on the ground for 45 seconds before slowly raising his tired body from the ground to roll the ball behind him some 2 minutes since the tackle was made.

We don't need someone who gets the ball ambles forward into the opposition turns his back & takes dolly steps for a round 2 meters before meekly & slowly being lowered to the ground. Sits on the ground for 45 seconds before slowly raising his tired body from the ground to roll the ball behind him some 2 minutes since the tackle was made.
Maybe Des sees signing Woods as a similar role to Tafua with our current squad... a role model/ mentor sharing his experience without actually playing any games

Well on current form (say the last 5-7 weeks) I'd have Paseka first, Keppie 2nd, Aloia 3rd, Sipley 4th and Marty 5th. Maybe Marty before Sipley - arguable - but Sipley has been running harder - he just doesn't seem to have as big a tank and therefore makes a few errors in defence. But Marty's trajectory is downwards, unlike the others who are on the up IMO.
Did you see him play last Friday?

Interesting the group narratives that get pushed.........Now I'm not advocating that Woods is killing it but this talk of him being useless is crazy. He is still a useful first grade prop and if he is happy for a squad place on minimum coin then we'd be crazy not to sign him.

Lets compare Woods with Keppie who is very highly rated on this forum.

And let me preface by saying I have a lot of time for Keppie and obviously he is on the up and Woods not so much, but lets still compare a player who someone above rated as our second best prop and Woods who people claim is utterly useless

Min per game
Keppie - 45
Woods - 50

Runs per game
Keppie - 8
Woods - 11

Metres per game
Keppie - 71
Woods - 98

Metres per run
Keppie - 8.87
Woods - 8.9

Tackles per game
Keppie - 21
Woods - 22

Missed tackles per game
Keppie - 1
Woods - 1

Tackle Busts 2021
Keppie - 19
Woods - 12

Offloads 2021
Keppie - 12
Woods - 18

Penalties conceded 2021
Keppie - 8
Woods - 11

So you'd argue pretty similiar, now would I start Woods over Keppie, absolutely no way, but surely the above shows that Woods on minimum wage has to offer more value than Boyle or De Luis.

Also as a side note Woods averages more metres per game (with comparable minutes) than the following props;
J Bromwich
Hetherington
Utoikamanu (love this kid)
J Wallace
Flegler
Tamou

So is he a flashy signing, no, but think of him as a Benji Marshall pickup, An experienced head around the squad, probably in the 21 but not the 17. Reliable when called upon and probably only getting 25min a game when he does play
Great post, factual, positive and non bias.

If it is still the case for minimum contract range for Woods , can understand the continued interest from Manly and unlikely Boyle will be re signed . Surprised that Saddler has not yet been re signed . Looks like Arron is not interested in E S L and a preference to be at Manly, probably could still offer something but obviously not a high priority consideration . Really liked the prop rotation against the Roosters , Keppie started really strong and determined and still looked pumped just after the game on the sideline too , Alioia apart from one spilled pill early , really solid and tough as well . Marty and Tent seemed to then compliment them . Probably same again on Friday and hopefully performance wise as well .

He had one of his better games. But mainly his second stint. He actually put his head down and ran hard - rather than side stepping, palming etc. I think keppie was better. More dangerous in attack and a better defender. I also think paseka is more destructive on balance.
He did have a great 2nd stint. I rememberthe fox boys talking up keppie but had martys highlights on in the background. He was awesome! and will need to be the next game. Keppie was in beast mode great move by Des putting him and Aloiai starting props. What a prop rotation, marty and Paseka. Wow

He did have a great 2nd stint. I rememberthe fox boys talking up keppie but had martys highlights on in the background. He was awesome! and will need to be the next game. Keppie was in beast mode great move by Des putting him and Aloiai starting props. What a prop rotation, marty and Paseka. Wow
Yeah it's a pretty good rotation. I suppose that's why I'm wondering where Woods will fit in. Guess it's depth - if we can fit it in the cap.

As long as woods is cheap.
His career will only decline over the next year's due to age, wear and tear.

The days of big contracts for old players and almost gone.

Looks like he's coming. 1 year with a 1 year option in clubs favour. Wait for it... 300k
With Boyle, Siro, Gosiewski and Saddler likely leaving this is a decent signing in my opinion.
Now with Funa, Suli and Taufua on the move its time to sign a strike outside back/ centre with an ability to cover fullback.
If the club prefers an over-the-hill Woods to the promising Tenterfield then I'm flabbergasted!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6