A great win BUT!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Look i know its early in the season and we're missing both our centres but the second half performance is an indicator of what happens to a poor attacking structure team who overly uses passion and intensity to win matches. As soon as our intensity drops off a touch combined with poor attacking lines and go forward we will bring teams back into the contest and get run down.

A well stuctured creative attack with efficient go forward will help balance the natural drop off in intensity and passion through-out the season(you cant maintain such physical intensity week in week out its impossible)---that's the luxury class affords.

I know we have a young halves pairing and its early in the season--- to be honest this is not aimed out our halves its purely aimed at Dessie to finally iron out the bad habits in our attack/go forward that have been present for years and becoming annoying.

On a side note....

Kites go forward has been up and down since the officials have been trying to stamp out high knee lifts and rightly so(its not running technique its lifted to brace themselves before impact) King and Watmough are also guilty of the same problem to a lesser extent.

Come September that two points has the same value as any other win by any team.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Giving them a heap of credit guys just saying we should have really smacked them in the second half, but it's all good....two wins from three games and a pretty good showing in game one as well.....did those people who said we wouldn't make the 8 want to revise their predictions?
If the boys can keep the wins coming, I dare say there's going to be a very busy(er) bloke in Brisbane organising more MWTS gigs! ;D

I think the rhythm of the game itself had something to do with our poorer showing in the second half. Listening to it on the radio and watching the replay, there were so many injuries and cheap turnovers that the it became a weird, stop/start affair. It's hard to keep your concentration when that happens, especially when you're comfortably in front.

Online defense has been brittle at times partly due to part-time centres but i can see our rush up defense opening gaping holes especially with the inspirational solo out of the line rushes. A few times Newcastle tried to take advantage of this seeing a forward rush out the line and passing to another forward but could not quiet pull it off.

You will see laboured one out forward runners looking like a predictable one out big hit chance to lure over-enthusiastic defenders in before passing to another forward or floating fullback at speed in coming weeks.

IT kinda looked like when the Knights started switching off, so did our boys coz they knew they already won and took it easy. Anyway last time the Kngihts played at Brookie didn't they beat us 26-12?

It definitely wasn't a brilliant performance and to rack up a cricket score would have been a huge boost in confidence but in a way it might be good for us.  It should still keep peoples feet grounded, with a few young players they can sometimes get a head of themselves but they'll know they weren't great today which hopefully means a fully focussed week at training and a good performance on friday night.

It was way too stop start in the second half with all the injuries and time off. Made getting into any kind of rhythm difficult.

Bring on the bunnies.

eelcatcher link said:
Also I just saw the highleights, did Wes Naiqama lose his shorts in the game!?

30 seconds in at this link
http://www.silvertails.net/forums/index.php?topic=187139.0

Personally I think they did a great job.

A lot of points when missing with kicks that almost came off, and runs that should have yielded results and didn't. Truth is that close calls sometime lead to frustration even if you are ahead, and today I didn't see that - instead they just reset and determined to do it again. That's good news since if we get the kicks right and the runs right, and we will with some practice and some confidence and experience then the points will flow. The key is the team reacted right, the attitude was right. Execution you can work on, attitude needs a lot more work to fix.

I saw so many positives yesterday, with time this team could shake any in the comp.

Ballin was looking tired in the second half and was only until until 10 mins to go that Seu Seu got a run. I think Des should of played him a little earlier when the game started to slow.

The Knights had won two in a row because they are a very physical team, let's not sell our boys short.
Another gutsy effort from probably the youngest half and centre pairing in the game.

Young Hoppa an incredibly gifted athlete... sky's the limit.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8