A disgrace to the jersey the club and the fans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
yeah i think that’s why we didn’t draft a QB this year, next years class is stacked

i don’t mind Geno to be honest… Lock i’m not sold on
Gino and Lock are a coin toss and gunna rely on some defensive studs to stand up to give us any hope...within next 2-3 seasons be a legitimate threat....just gotta be patient
Back to Manly, I thought the Harper no try the turning point, but truth be known you need some backbone and resilience and ANY Top 6 side would have finished Eels off from there.
Some of those defensive lapses and pathetic tackle attempts were so poor considering the importance of this game....in fact ANY game

Blaming DCE for the cap is drawing a very long bow.

If you remember, he was all set to sign for $750k per season. Then came the fvck ups and in the end the club were the ones who had to offer what we did. Cherry never asked for it to be that high.

And no player in their right mind would have turned down that sort of contract.
We all get that, hear the same story every time someone criticises DCE's paypacket.

But at least have some pride and play consistently like a $1.2mil player and not the $750k we should have paid.

Heyaaa !! Go the reds
Woohoo!!! Go the reds!!!
1659750339479.png

😜

Not trying to turn this into a Cherry Bash...but he's the common denominator in a lot of tries.... races off the line and leaves his centre's to clean up... looks innocent but I'm not sure he isn't a major part of the problem.

Seriously. This. How can people not see just because he didn't miss the the tackle he wasn't at fault.
This is great, one of my favourite post-match pastimes!
If anyone has access to a replay (possibly requires the internet ... oh yeah, some of you should have that) @:D I'd appreciate being reminded of which of the 7 Eels tries were DCE's fault.
I'd look it up myself but would prefer not to have to rewatch that game

This is great, one of my favourite post-match pastimes!
If anyone has access to a replay (possibly requires the internet ... oh yeah, some of you should have that) @:D I'd appreciate being reminded of which of the 7 Eels tries were DCE's fault.
I'd look it up myself but would prefer not to have to rewatch that game
One of my favourite pastimes is reading the apologists for DCE and how he can do no wrong. It's always amusing.

He definitely got run through by Lane for one of their tries. He rushed out from marker and allowed Brown to step inside him down the short side for their second try. It was a "lucky" try granted, but if you are going to do that play you need to make the tackle. I also think he got the numbers wrong on their first try and dragged everyone in, but that happens (just a little too often by him). When Gutherson scores he does the opposite, stays out and doesn't push in to cover Koula when he goes in. They are decisions that you have to make as a defender, and he just made a couple of bad ones last night. So he didn't let in all 7 but had a hand in a couple.

One thing I was always willing to defend DCE on was his defence. That is no longer the case. Our right edge has been leaky for a few seasons now and he is the common denominator.

Gino and Lock are a coin toss and gunna rely on some defensive studs to stand up to give us any hope...within next 2-3 seasons be a legitimate threat....just gotta be patient
Back to Manly, I thought the Harper no try the turning point, but truth be known you need some backbone and resilience and ANY Top 6 side would have finished Eels off from there.
Some of those defensive lapses and pathetic tackle attempts were so poor considering the importance of this game....in fact ANY game
agree 3000% mate

Just in case the fan club think it's an agenda, I checked the Fox Sports Lab stats and looky looky at where our "try cause" and "linebreak cause" stats come from for this year

Try Cause
Koula 20
DCE 18
both in top 10 for NRL (Gutho on top with 25)

Linebreak Cause
DCE 21
Koula 21
Tippytoes 21
all equal 3rd on list for NRL - Gagai number 1 with 24

For a quick comparison - Foz has 2 try causes and 2 linebreak causes this season

I know attacks are more likely to go to their dominant left and hit the opposition right. But the above tells me there are some serious issues with DCE and Koula and how they work together. It's their first season together I will concede that, but those figures are a worry.

Just in case the fan club think it's an agenda, I checked the Fox Sports Lab stats and looky looky at where our "try cause" and "linebreak cause" stats come from for this year

Try Cause
Koula 20
DCE 18

Linebreak Cause
DCE 21
Koula 21
Tippytoes 21

For a quick comparison - Foz has 2 try causes and 2 linebreak causes this season

I know attacks are more likely to go to their dominant left and hit the opposition right. But the above tells me there are some serious issues with DCE and Koula and how they work together. It's their first season together I will concede that, but those figures are a worry.

great find that!!!!!

will shut a few up

Try Cause
Koula 20
DCE 18

Linebreak Cause
DCE 21
Koula 21
Tippytoes 21

The stats just backup what we've all been witnessing. Somehow the Manly hierarchy refuse to see it or admit it.

its so easy to be reactive at this season, the reality is there are fundamental issues that need addressing.
in the mean time the players have tried very hard given all the adversity. i saw a lot more passion this season. .
With a full squad, fit and consistency by the elite players togther with the some bounce of the ball, we would have won min 5 more games this season and and would have 100% been in the top 4.

lets be procative and be proud of our sea eagles who have tried so hard week after week.

One of my favourite pastimes is reading the apologists for DCE and how he can do no wrong. It's always amusing.

He definitely got run through by Lane for one of their tries. He rushed out from marker and allowed Brown to step inside him down the short side for their second try. It was a "lucky" try granted, but if you are going to do that play you need to make the tackle. I also think he got the numbers wrong on their first try and dragged everyone in, but that happens (just a little too often by him). When Gutherson scores he does the opposite, stays out and doesn't push in to cover Koula when he goes in. They are decisions that you have to make as a defender, and he just made a couple of bad ones last night. So he didn't let in all 7 but had a hand in a couple.

One thing I was always willing to defend DCE on was his defence. That is no longer the case. Our right edge has been leaky for a few seasons now and he is the common denominator.
Hmm well explained, so I actually went and took another look

So DCE is definitely to blame by getting run through by Lane. Here it is
1659764594024.jpeg

1659765074309.jpeg

He got isolated 1:1, he actually brings the big guy down but Lane was able to unload at the very last instant, gutho got a lucky bounce, leads to try. I'll buy that one.

But here is Gutho's try.
1659764551990.jpeg

1659765162485.jpeg

Lane is Koula's man, Haumole moves out to help and in the 2nd pic you can see Haumole has tackled Lane but even with both Koula and Haumole on him Lane pops a perfect unload to Gutho who sprints away. Look Lane is a big guy, 6'6" and has been poking his nose through and offloading all season. He's become quite a weapon.

But the first one is DCE's fault and the second one is also DCE's fault? What?!!

Even the eels first try, they had a clear 5 on 4 overlap, Manly had absolutely no-one covering the middle so our 4 couldn't slide out, Sivo was left open. Doesn't the fault lie with the lack of cover coming across?

Just my take, but these examples do not deter me from my suspicion that there's sometimes a tendency to just blame DCE for whatever!

Not trying to turn this into a Cherry Bash...but he's the common denominator in a lot of tries.... races off the line and leaves his centre's to clean up... looks innocent but I'm not sure he isn't a major part of the problem.

Halfback aren't picked for their defence so not having a go...but he isn't a good defender to me.
The team missed 36 tackles...Double that of parra...Surely not all those were DCE....thats 10% of our total tackle count....That's sh1t

@SeaEagleRock8 I realised a long time ago that the rusted on DCE fans are never going to see anything other than the golden child. You see it your way, I see it mine. You see unfair blame and I see blind devotion. That's what being an armchair critic is I suppose. We can argue all day on whether he is at fault or not - bottom line is that they scored those tries, so that's either really good play by Parra or a mistake by us. Or a combination of both. Could be a massive coincidence that they were all in the vicinity of DCE too. But you can't start a conversation with "I'd appreciate being reminded of which of the 7 Eels tries were DCE's fault" and not expect a bite :)

The stats above on try causes and linebreak causes aren't collated by me, nor any other person who may have a perceived DCE bias. There is clearly a weakness there and the opposition exploit it.

Defence is about making decisions, and it is very difficult to make the right decisions all the time. But my view on it is that DCE has struggled more often than not with that decision making over the last 3 years and that puts pressure on those around him. My hope is that the combination between he and Koula improves, as I actually think Koula is a decent defender in terms of technique.

Anyway we've got another 3 years to debate the issue

Defence is about making decisions, and it is very difficult to make the right decisions all the time. But my view on it is that DCE has struggled more often than not with that decision making over the last 3 years and that puts pressure on those around him. My hope is that the combination between he and Koula improves, as I actually think Koula is a decent defender in terms of technique.
It's not just in defence that his decision-making is poor. That second tackle 40/20 attempt and high risk kicks like that all year demonstrate poor decision-making. This is why he is unable to manage a game. It's strange, because I can understand players making poor decisions when they lose composure under pressure... however, it doesn't seem to be a composure issue for DCE. Take his golden point clutch field goals for example. The guy is capable of staying cool in the biggest moments. He just inexplicably refuses to stop and think sometimes, and it's costly.

Last edited:
Let’s all admit one thing , last nights loss was a team effort.

Oh sure you can blame a few individuals for more things than others but blaming the loss on , Harper , Garrick & DCE in isolation isn’t really fair.

As a team we weren’t good enough last night , as a team the Eels performed ( as they should considering where they sit on the ladder ) better than us.

Honestly , no I mean really honestly , was anyone surprised by the loss ???

Yeah I thought we could win , but the loss wasn’t a surprise !!

Let’s all admit one thing , last nights loss was a team effort.

Oh sure you can blame a few individuals for more things than others but blaming the loss on , Harper , Garrick & DCE in isolation isn’t really fair.

As a team we weren’t good enough last night , as a team the Eels performed ( as they should considering where they sit on the ladder ) better than us.

Honestly , no I mean really honestly , was anyone surprised by the loss ???

Yeah I thought we could win , but the loss wasn’t a surprise !!
Definitely not surprised we lost after last week’s debacle, was surprised how quickly the team clocked off in the last 25 minutes when they were a good chance of winning still.

Hopefully the attitude and effort change next week, Des has a tough task in front of him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6