A clean out is not the answer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
In a season where the team is getting reamed by the opposition every weak, I guess even Lube Tube has its place .............. o_O

Rocky

Bencher
Messrs Reuben Garrick and Curtis Sironen may join them.
Yeah cant believe i left Sirro out..he's washed, with his best days behind him unfortunately. Garrick i would have agreed with two weeks ago..i feel a bit better about him now. But thats probably a mistake.

Jerry1

First Grader
I’m no “ Technical Coach” but it’s clear to me now that the Des / Donny Singe combination whilst hugely effective a decade ago is now “ old school “.

They haven’t adapted to the new game at all.

Whilst we have a few very ordinary players I’m with @Snake , a complete clean out isn’t the answer but one in the coaching set up would be a good start.
Who would you keep out of the current roster. Me.. maybe three or four of them..

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yes he has BUT he isn't worth keeping on. If we are having a clean out let's do it properly. A half assed clean out won't cut it.
A clean out only works if you can replace with better players.

Riddle me this.

Who in their right mind would want to come to our system in 2022??

Our ONLY path is doing what Penrith did , recruit the best possible juniors we can , play them , learn to live with the losses in the hope that eventually they come good and gel as a team.

susan

Bencher
What you say is so obvious it defies belief Mark. There are enough senior players in this team to throw the kids in. We have three guys who started for Australia last time round, a seasoned kiwi representative prop and five eight and a centre who is still young and was judged the best in his position three years ago.
I and almost every manly fan I know will cop ordinary results if they see the future.
Croker Boyle Parker and co aren’t the future. We have five or six players in our 17 who wouldn’t even be considered for top 30 spots at other clubs.

Last edited:

peterh

What you say is so obvious it defies belief Mark. There are enough senior players in this team to throw the kids in. We have three guys who started for Australia last time round, a seasoned kiwi representative prop and five eight and a centre who was judged the best in his position three years ago.
I and almost every manly fan I know will cop ordinary results if they see the future.
Croker Boyle Parker and co aren’t the future.

So f***ing spot on.
I would happily lose if Parker, Croker, Garrick, Boyle were dumped for ANYONE ELSE.

We already know that these guys can't cut it and should not be part of our future.

Des is a f***Ing idiot.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A clean out only works if you can replace with better players.

Riddle me this.

Who in their right mind would want to come to our system in 2022??

Our ONLY path is doing what Penrith did , recruit the best possible juniors we can , play them , learn to live with the losses in the hope that eventually they come good and gel as a team.

Absolutely agree with you Mark. A clean out to me is not bringing in overvalued and overrated players from other clubs, who are only here for a paycheck. I am talking about a two stage clean out. Firstly, we need to clean out four, possibly five of our current seventeen, and replace them with younger squad members. When Saddler and Burbo can be brought into the team, we do that as well. In fact I would like to see our younger players be given a real go this year. When we come to the end of the season we should not re-sign 10 out of the 13 currently uncontracted players. Then look at bringing some more juniors into the 30. Then top that up with some players from other clubs who are really motivated to be with us e.g. Andrew Davey
I have no real interest in chasing players like Nathan Brown et al

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14