A clean out is not the answer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

manly al

First Grader
As long as it does not get too personal , nothing wrong or objectionable with some passionate , robust discussion and debate to vent or express some dismay or disapproval . Just contributes to make make the site quite interesting and enlightening . Always going to be different levels of input and opinion and again as long as it is measured , makes this forum really good value for the vast majority of the time

Just to be popular .. I agree with @Snake 's assertion that a clean out isn't the answer other than the usual couple of strategic recruitments each year ...

I have been saying for ages that changing who is on the wing is futile if the whole team is playing busted ...

A major overhaul is needed ... but it has to start in the football office and work it's way down ..
Hey Woodsie are you sitting on the fence or are you just toying with us? at first you agree with snake that a clean out isn't the answer; then you go on to say that a major overhaul is needed from top to bottom.. I am a bit confused. Are we all debating and fighting for the same outcome? A clean out v major overhaul? That is the question.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Hey Woodsie are you sitting on the fence or are you just toying with us? at first you agree with snake that a clean out isn't the answer; then you go on to say that a major overhaul is needed from top to bottom.. I am a bit confused. Are we all debating and fighting for the same outcome? A clean out v major overhaul? That is the question.

No fence sitting ... I have said on numerous occasions that I believe the roster we have is a top 6 squad .. and that our issues aren't that the players are reserve graders ... we came 6th in 2019 with Parker, Suli, Garrick, Jorge and walker ...

I have stated also on many occasions that I believe the issue is why are they now playing so poorly ...

And that I believe is a symptom of the football office ... Coaching, structure, attitude, motivation, fitness etc etc ... and that is what I have called for ... a clean of the football office .. who in the football office I don't know ...

manly al

First Grader
No fence sitting ... I have said on numerous occasions that I believe the roster we have is a top 6 squad .. and that our issues aren't that the players are reserve graders ... we came 6th in 2019 with Parker, Suli, Garrick, Jorge and walker ...

I have stated also on many occasions that I believe the issue is why are they now playing so poorly ...

And that I believe is a symptom of the football office ... Coaching, structure, attitude, motivation, fitness etc etc ... and that is what I have called for ... a clean of the football office .. who in the football office I don't know ...
But that is not going to fix up unforced errors , poor completion rates , poor reads , feeble defence on a regular interval by cleaning out the football office . When was the last time that Manly had a full strength or even near full strength side . Execution and set plays are terrible at times , could well be a coaching issue there or players just not capable or willing to manage it . Currently some of the best junior sides in the lower grades and the football office can not take some credit for this ? . Just think that you can not have some of your best cattle on the sidelines and still expect good outcomes , Don 't have a general answer for a lot of the indifferent team and some individual form , but think that players and especially senior players should be accountable first. before pointing the finger at a football department . Of course it still is a collective responsibility but think that most of Manly 's very average on field results are not that related to football department failures .

But that is not going to fix up unforced errors , poor completion rates , poor reads , feeble defence on a regular interval by cleaning out the football office . When was the last time that Manly had a full strength or even near full strength side . Execution and set plays are terrible at times , could well be a coaching issue there or players just not capable or willing to manage it . Currently some of the best junior sides in the lower grades and the football office can not take some credit for this ? . Just think that you can not have some of your best cattle on the sidelines and still expect good outcomes , Don 't have a general answer for a lot of the indifferent team and some individual form , but think that players and especially senior players should be accountable first. before pointing the finger at a football department . Of course it still is a collective responsibility but think that most of Manly 's very average on field results are not that related to football department failures .
Des needs to first pick the right players in the right position.... but agreed all player and effort related. Look at that first try and that useless clutch Boyle plodding over from the scrum. His laziness caused that try - he needed to be on his bike and cover the inside. The fact he didn't created the drama. You can't teach effort.. that comes within! Not sure it has anything to do with Owner/Club/Management. Players need to be accountable and they need to take pride in their effort and if they don't - Des needs to ditch the loyalty and drop them - simple!

Last edited:

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
But that is not going to fix up unforced errors , poor completion rates , poor reads , feeble defence on a regular interval by cleaning out the football office .

Sorry mate ... all you mention above are symptoms of poor form .. trying too hard, lack of confidence, nervousness ... ... and past performances by the same players has proven they are all capable of very good games ...

The issue is not one or two players ... it is across the entire 17 that take the field .....

One win in 14 comp games has sweet bugger all to do with one player dropping the ball .... and everything to do with a club that needs to re-evaluate what they are doing ...

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Not really. Posting a follow up question to you on a thread you started. You’re being a bit hostile, maybe you could take a break from the forums if you’re upset?
It was the kind of follow up question a dickhead would ask.

Mac Man

Reserve Grader
This place will be fun if we do win the spoon. Might have to shut it down.. before the Eels trolls come in here too :)

Thanks for the level head

and I think it's worth repeating

The single biggest problem with a 'clean out' is

the people 'cleaning out' would probably be the same clowns who recruited and retained in the first place.................i.e. probably zero chance they could 'clean out' their pussy's kitty litter without messing it up.......

Chuck

Reserve Grader
Walker, DCE and Marty.

It's time to move on from these guys and rebuild. Blood the youth.

If we come last, we come last.

Cut jetski, Parker, Garrick, Suli, Croker. Stop playing them they are passengers.

Get Cust more involved. Play Schuster in the halves.

Chuck

Reserve Grader
A full clean out is not required but there is 4 or 5 players that need to go! We have the makings of a gun team but we are currently like a fresh haircut that forgot to trim the sides. You wouldn't go back to that barber and you wouldn't re sign these players.
We have the makings of a gun team?

Every other non Manly fan is dying at that statement.

We are straight trash.

Chuck

Reserve Grader

We came 6th with Turbo, Api, Fainu and AFB. Big difference.

Look you are right in the sense that a big portion our problems are due to coaching, structures, arritude etc.. but I think compairing the 2019 cattle to this one is a bit of a stretch.

We had Tom Turbo at fullback and Brendan Elliot for cover. Brendan was not a flash player but was a much better fulback than Dylan Walker will ever be. I recall reading some stats and Brendon Elliot had more try saving efforts than any other fullback in the league.

Parker Suli Garrick - the same

2019 Jorge Tafua (same-) now we have Saab until Tafua is back.. as much as Tafua is a turtle he is not a defensive liability like Saab. Saab leaked 6 tackles last night and made 2 effective tackles. He is still young and so there is still plenty of imorovement and growth

Now the screaming difference is that in 2019 we had Api and Fainu rotating at hooker. The go forward and defence around the ruck was sensational. One of the best in the league and our saving grace. Now we have Croker and Cust. Croker is uninspiring, stale and a pretend first grader. Whilst Cust shows promise and life, he is not intended to be in the same league as either Api or Fainu and he must have slept with Hasler's wife to be getting little gane time.

Other notable differences: AFB the wrecking ball. Very hard to replace athough Aloiai is showing promise.

Joel Thompson, provided solid defence around the edges.

So there are vast differences in key positions from 2019 which has exposed the same plodders that were there in 2019. Cattle wise we are worse off.

The front office, coach and staff remain unchanged. So all I can really put my finger on is the coach and the so called leaders. Hasler and DCE are responsible for the artitude of the team. If you don't fall in, there need to be consequences. I think Hasler has failed the club by not adapting to the game, being stubborn and rewarding incompetence. DCE is not providing value to the club, does not lead by example and is an anchor on our cap.

It's just not a happy place at the moment. Too many problems. No one taking responsibility or looking for solutions.

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
Got to say... the grubby personal attacks are pretty pathetic. Some of you on here need to give yourselves a good uppercut or someone else needs to give you one. Everyone can have an opinion - you might not agree - you might think others have no idea - you might express that very view but you can do it in a way that doesn't denigrate the person and doesn't play the man/woman - you instead focus on the issue and just make your point respectfully. Do I think I know it all - not a chance - the same as none of you on here know it all ... no matter how much you think you know or for god's sake how high your IQ is lol lol - fancy arguing over that crap??? Lots of putrid keyboard trolls on here sadly. Pretty simple if you can't be respectful and cant argue the issue with some decorum even if you say someone has no idea - you can say it without the grubby disgusting personal attacks. Wake up to yourselves. We are in a hole. We all care passionately about that. We all have different views on how that should be fixed. I value @Snake and his insights. I value @Woodsie's views. I love @BOZO's positivity. I might not always agree but that is life - we don't have to agree and we can agree to disagree. Respect others and their views and if you can't.... simply move along and start your own forum page. It is so so tiring reading abusive vitriol on here instead of reading some well thought out and presented views. Generally I have found over my life - the people with the loudest "mouths" on a keyboard wouldn't dare say the same things in person and couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding. Show some respect and realise... this is a game - just a game.... we are successful... we are a great club and we will be successful again. Not every club or in fact any club can make the 8 every year... year on year unless they have the salary cap sombrero. We are having a bad year, we have had a bad few weeks and we had a bad night last night.... doesn't mean that the world has imploded and we can't get out of this hole. It might be this week, it might be next week, it might be in a month or next year.... but we will get out of this hole. Just like tomorrow the sun will rise... so will we.
Yeah..well go get ya back waxed ya big Yetti. I bet your almond-sized man moulds barely require a sack.

Take your pudding analogy and shove it where the sun don’t shine you pimple-squeezing, earth-is-flat-believing, pie-eating (mmm pies), Bluetooth-connecting hipster-doofus.

Oh ok I agree...let’s be nice then..I just tried knocking the skin off a pudding and its bloody hard ok...tell me I’m not tough and stuff. I beat the crap out of an egg though - so watch it.

Last edited:

Franko

Reserve Grader

I think the individuals mentioned can not keep up with the increased tempo and fitness requirements thats why they are struggling, plus I never really rated them

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 6 -39 14