666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.
I vote gutho. He may be riddled with injuries but he is young, and is a good player. He is not a great half although with chez next to him, maaaybe. Next option would be for Hastings. The other halves we have at the club need more time and/or are not suitable

Why is everyone assuming Lamb will be available ? Surely Hodko makes way for Pearce. You forget that the NRL have a vested interest in the Knights. Hodko will get a medical retirement next year and will be given some sort of paid role by the NRL as a development officer or community liaison. That's a given. They would be mad to cut Lamb
Lamb is available coz the other ex Rooster has been given first crack at 6.

If Lamb asks for a release i would snap him up. Will do the job and 1/3 cost of pearce. Enough money in the bank to go after a big forward signing next year. If not hastings will have first crack.

This kid is a serious footballer...

He is bigger, faster, stronger and more liked by his teammates than Hastings. He can also kick goals. The thing to remember is he is 20 years old and he was playing in a badly beaten side the entire year.

He has so much potential that it's ridiculous to rubbish him.

The obligatory youtube clip

It really heats up around half way when he starts taking on the line and putting backrowers into holes.

Yeah but there was a lot of pressure on a 20 year old kid. Especially when you factor in what that victory would have meant for the club...they'd lost a ton of games in a row up to that point. Kicking goals is also no indication of a footballer's ability on the field. Walker had some shockers last year but is arguably the best centre in the game at times.

Definitely have to consider him now. More so given most halves are locked up long term now. Another one likely looking for a release is Hingano from the Warriors.

Or even put faith in someone within the club and bolster forward stocks.

Lamb would need to ask for a release first. If he did i would grab him. He has shown more than hastings at nrl and is only still a rookie playing with the wooden spooners. He has great mental attitude and a real trier. Good all round ability at a young age and can kick goals at over 80%. Would play even better along side dce and a better pack. Puts his body on the line in defence which is the thing that impresses me.

The Daily Telegraph - Dean Ritchie

MANLY has a whopping $800,000 to spend on a five-eighth next season — but don’t try rushing coach Trent Barrett into a rash decision.

The Sea Eagles have plenty of cash in their salary cap after missing out on signing NSW halfback Mitchell Pearce.

The Daily Telegraph understands Manly offered Pearce about $850,000 a season but couldn’t come anywhere near the deal thrown forward by Newcastle.

With Blake Green having secured an early release to join New Zealand Warriors, Manly is now without a recognised five-eighth.

Barrett has money to spend but claimed he wouldn’t be bustled into a hasty decision and “waste” the cash.

It may well be that one of the existing halves at Manly — Lachlan Croker, Jackson Hastings or Cameron Cullen — step-up and partner Daly Cherry-Evans.

Manly will no doubt monitor which players find themselves on the open market, one option being discussed on social media was Newcastle’s Brock Lamb.

Barrett could bank the $800,000 for next season and then have an enormous tilt at a superstar the following season.

Pearce rang Barrett on Thursday to reveal his decision, the former Roosters halfback was almost apologetic.

Manly offered more than Cronulla but was well behind the Knights.

The Sea Eagles know player managers will be contacting them this week offering up potential halves.

“I just want to sit back and wait,” Barrett told The Daily Telegraph. “I’m not going to waste the money.

“I have a few options already at the club — Croker, Cullen and Hastings.

“If there is any fallout from the Mitchell Pearce decision … we will monitor that over the next few weeks and see what happens.

“We have some money, there’s enough there. It’s still only November so we’re in a good position.”

Manly was confident of signing Pearce but Barrett said he wasn’t going to enter a bidding war which would jeopardise the club’s salary cap.

“We put in a very strong offer for Mitchell. We were not going to get in a bidding war with any other club,’’ Barrett said.

“We had a good crack at him and thought he would have fitted in really well here at Manly.

“Mitchell was honest through the whole process and we wish him all the best. He’s a good person and a good player.

“We move forward with a very, very competitive playing roster for 2018 and onwards. We look forward to the year ahead.”

Manly released a statement on Thursday revealing the club had missed Pearce.

“On behalf of our members, fans and corporate partners, we made a serious effort to secure Mitchell’s services but there was always a limit to that offer in order to ensure our ability to continue to attract and retain the very best playing group over the years to come,’’ said Manly CEO Lyall Gorman.

“There are a number of very capable and exciting young players coming through our ranks and a major focus is to invest strongly in their development. We wish Mitchell every success in his future career.”

Has everyone forgotten that Lewis Brown can play multiple positions including 5/8 ????
That's what I was thinking, Lewis Brown at 5/8. The Gold Coast Chargers/Seagulls had a pretty good Lewis at 5/8, but our Lewis is the real 'Wally' of the two.
I'm sure Siro has playes 5/8 at the Tigers once apon a time. Manly do seem to have many options, Brown, Metcalf, Hastings, Cullen, T & M Wright, Api is another option. I wouldn't spend the $$$ on Brock Lamb. Manly should try with whom they have for 2018 and spend BIG for 2019 season.

Really hope the club has considered sounding him out

He is a very talented player, has been earmarked for NRL for years now, but the Warriors keep shafting him, firstly for Foran, then for Green

He showed in the World Cup for Tonga that he is ready to go now, and won't be keen to spend the next 3 years sitting behind Green and Johnson

Hastings is our only option currently, and I am not convinced he will work out. Cullen and Wright are not what we need, if they are a permanent member of the halves we are in trouble. We need a traditional organising half with a strong kicking game to take the heat of DCE. Is Lamb capable of that? I have not seen enough of him to have an opinion. But we need to be looking around for someone so we have options.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8