666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hahaha these ****wits trawl all week that we only had 500k to offer Pearce and all of a sudden it is 850 now
Remember it's Dean Ritchie. He just prints whatever Zorba tells him too - there is no research involved. God only knows how much we have to spend.

Bubbler

Reserve Grader
I think Hastings has a lot of potential if he can maintain a high level of commitment and focus. His attitude makes him an in-your-face type of player like Dylan Walker. Still relatively young and should be given an opportunity to shine. For the organising role I think experience is important so I’m not so keen on Brock Lamb.

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
Lamb would need to ask for a release first. If he did i would grab him. He has shown more than hastings at nrl and is only still a rookie playing with the wooden spooners. He has great mental attitude and a real trier. Good all round ability at a young age and can kick goals at over 80%. Would play even better along side dce and a better pack. Puts his body on the line in defence which is the thing that impresses me.
On nbn news tonight I'm sure the knights CEO said something in relation to lamb that it's best to let young players go sometimes and learn and hope they return better players.
I thought it was a strange thing to say in the current circumstance and a trifle optimistic but he did say something along those lines so maybe lamb is on the menu.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Either Lamb or Hingano works for me, but only if they can be got for $300,000 or so. It would be nice to have that $500,000 that is supposedly leftover, available for a backrower of note. I would still like Hastings to be given a shot regardless. I think if his attitude changes enough through pre-season, and he misses out on a halves spot because of Hingano/Lamb, he could still take Brown's bench spot in the 17. Either way if he doesn't have a real go this year, I dont think we will see him again in first grade anywhere.

manly al

First Grader
Took the trouble of looking up Brock Lamb"s N R L profile and was surprised to notice that he is indicated as around Blake Green "s size who himself is a quite solid 5 /8 at 92 Kilos . Also was not aware that he has been a junior Australian rep .Only briefly saw in parts a handful of Knight"s games last season but do recall Lamb receiving some recognition for his efforts . I would assume that Hodko would be the odd one out there now so what would really incline the Knights to release Lamb now ? Just found it interesting though that Lamb may be a better prospect that i initially presumed .

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Get lamb for 300k and brown and lane and Hastings off contract 2018 so will free up another 500k. Would have plenty then to go after klemmer or cordner next year.

eagerbeaver

Reserve Grader
Croker - played a handful of 1st grade games I believe, from the limited ive seen of him hes seems a plodder, might grow more into a lock type player
Metcalf - Still only 18/19 cant see him playing much first grade anytime soon.
Cullen - I like what he brings with his enthusiasm but probably more suited to utility/hooker type role off the bench
Hastings - lots of potential, in and out of first grade for many seasons now, will the demons get to him?
Lamb - a real footballer, for a 20 year old kid has a fair bit of experience now.. that game against Dogs at Belmore would have taught him a lot.. we should chase him

manly al

First Grader
"Foxsports.com.au can reveal Brock Lamb is seeking permission to explore his options for 2018.

With Lamb only under contract for another season, his manager Gavin Orr said he doesn’t want to see the Maitland product languishing in NSW Cup as a result of the club signing Pearce.

While Connor Watson could fill a utility role next season, most expect Watson will be the fist-choice halves partner for Pearce next year which has rival clubs, including Manly ready to pounce on the 20-year-old.

“We’ll let the dust settle and try and talk to Nathan (Brown) and the Knights about Brock’s situation,” Orr told foxsports.com.au"

And Nathan Ryan confirmed on Twitter we have already approached Lamb's manager post Pearce decision.
Nathan Brown having a higher rating of Conner Watson then Lamb could put a different complexion on things . I guess on that basis if Lamb is not considered by the Knights as a capable and preferred long term 5 / 8 proposition for the Knights , should he be considered one at Manly .

Shoe1

Journey Man
I don’t know. The world cup isn’t a good indicator, how has he gone in 1st grade?

If he’s a fringe 1st grader with potential he’s 150k. Ignore the World Cup.

manly al

First Grader
All of this continued speculation could hardly be impressing Hastings . Maybe Barrett has been giving him some reassurances on opportunities at Manly but again post Pearce non signing and with the Lamb speculation now , hardly encouraging impressions for Hastings .

eagerbeaver

Reserve Grader
Lets just say Knights payed a motza to get Connor Watson there as they didn't have many signings at the time, he was also promised first shot at 5/8 which off course means nothing. The long term plan at the time would have been to pair him with Lamb. Off course an injury to someone like Ponga would open the door for Watson at fullback.. they also have another young half who played a handful of games Jack Cogger, guess they could keep him for cover!

This kid is a serious footballer...

He is bigger, faster, stronger and more liked by his teammates than Hastings. He can also kick goals. The thing to remember is he is 20 years old and he was playing in a badly beaten side the entire year.

He has so much potential that it's ridiculous to rubbish him.

The obligatory youtube clip

It really heats up around half way when he starts taking on the line and putting backrowers into holes.
Looks the goods!!! Great short passing game, especially like how he straightens the attack. Fast, strong and good running game and offers support. Kid has loads of skill. And kicked at 83% last yr.
If we get him im sure he'll be another one like uate and sironen where people will be eating their words for bagging him.
You are right.. He plays a lot like pearce but a third of the $

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
This kid is a serious footballer...

He is bigger, faster, stronger and more liked by his teammates than Hastings. He can also kick goals.
unless he is under a bit of pressure (remember the kick to force extra time against the dogs this year, it looked like some of my golf shots from the tee & i don't think it would have made it to the ladies tee either!)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16