666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.
All of this continued speculation could hardly be impressing Hastings . Maybe Barrett has been giving him some reassurances on opportunities at Manly but again post Pearce non signing and with the Lamb speculation now , hardly encouraging impressions for Hastings .

It is entirely up to Hastings to first earn a 1st grade spot, then keep it.

If anything, 2018 is the biggest opportunity for him yet, regardless of who we do or don't sign.

All of this continued speculation could hardly be impressing Hastings . Maybe Barrett has been giving him some reassurances on opportunities at Manly but again post Pearce non signing and with the Lamb speculation now , hardly encouraging impressions for Hastings .

Well on the other side of the coin, Hastings hardly impressed Barrett throughout the 2017 season.

"Foxsports.com.au can reveal Brock Lamb is seeking permission to explore his options for 2018.

With Lamb only under contract for another season, his manager Gavin Orr said he doesn’t want to see the Maitland product languishing in NSW Cup as a result of the club signing Pearce.

While Connor Watson could fill a utility role next season, most expect Watson will be the fist-choice halves partner for Pearce next year which has rival clubs, including Manly ready to pounce on the 20-year-old.

“We’ll let the dust settle and try and talk to Nathan (Brown) and the Knights about Brock’s situation,” Orr told foxsports.com.au"

And Nathan Ryan confirmed on Twitter we have already approached Lamb's manager post Pearce decision.
Gavin Orr.....
He's DCE's manager isn't he?
I recall the circus he created with his situation so expect the unexpected.

So you're saying we may end up signing Brock Lamb for 12yrs for $6.7 billion dollars?
After a long, drawn out saga that makes Lamb look extremely greedy and self centered, then Orr will disappear and leave the young fella to his own devices, but rich, only to emerge in a few years and repeat the process with another prospect but at triple the figures.
Show me the money Gavin where do I sign....

Hastings was signed for a reason and Baz would know him better than most on what he could bring to the team

Got a feeling that DCE 's leadership and jake and turbo,s enthusiasm for manly culture could become his making

He has said the right things in wanting to play for our club

Keep him and give him a real crack or pizz him off

Just don't leave him hanging without a clear path forward

Go manly

ok Pearce was a great option and for reasons more than “Newcastle is my dream destination “ he has been pulled that direction.
Now it’s time to get on with life and pick a 5/8 with ability and proud to be part of Manly.
My choice in order
1) Hastings
2) Croker
3) Cullen
4) Metcalfe
Wright is an option, but really a freakish runner of the ball suited to centre, where he will likely trial.
Not huge on any other available halves but maybe the club has a plan up its sleeve?
Time to move forward so who are the best options for 2018 from here?
Hard decision - haven't seen enough of Cullen so far but could be a chance. Tom Wright, Hastings or even Gutho (although better as an outside back). I think a young half will work well with DCE

Missing Pearce was disappointing, but this would be the ultimate kick in the guts....would have 3-4 young, talented options already at Manly as a preference....in fact would go down as close to the worst ever off season if true....slow, busted, left Manly years ago and that should be the end of that.

Is Kate McF*ckface reporting this?
The herald reports a lot of things....
Twice a week these days.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11