666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.
Even worse.

I said it the other day in the Pearce thread.....we dodged a bullet with Gutho IMO. Talented yes, but damaged goods.
100%. Much worse.
He won't be the same player he was this time around. That knee will be much weaker as a result and he'll subconsciously compensate.

Poor fella will barely be able to walk when he gets on a bit.

Believe it or not snapping your ACL doesn’t affect your ability to walk. It’s simply a stabilising muscle behind your knee, more to help control side to side movement. It’s the bone on bone degeneration of the knee that can leave you struggling to walk. I walked around fine for 5 months after snapping my ACL. I got it repaired because I want to go back to competitive sport.

No to Gutho but anyone thinking “ we’ll be fine” if we don’t jag another 5/8 is kidding themselves.

Hastings is a gun, occasionally.

Croker and Metcalf , as yet untried.

Cullen, NSW Cup standard.

Without another recognised half the future isn’t exactly bright but it’s perhaps “ cloudy”.

No to Gutho but anyone thinking “ we’ll be fine” if we don’t jag another 5/8 is kidding themselves.

Without another recognised half the future isn’t exactly bright but it’s perhaps “ cloudy”.
Agree , its a results drivin business . We need a 6 .

Wonder if Maloney "s contract difficulties at the Panthers has or is any closer to be resolved . Hard to see the Panthers prepared to put Maloney on the open market again but i suppose that nothing can be definitely ruled out . Seems that the Panthers are not yet prepared to put their total faith in Tyrone May as Manly is with Hastings at present . Pity that Hastings did not show his best in N S W cup matches last season , according to ' THE WHO ' , he turned it on in one match so it would seem that he can still produce the goods if really motivated . No doubt every thing will be more clear if Pearce makes a decision this week .

If he can stay injury free I reckon he can easily fill Greens role.
Green didn't play a complicated game. He passed well, has a strong kicking game, not flash at running the ball and defensively left a lot to be desired. Elgey could easily slide into that organising role if we miss out on Pearce.
The ability there with Elgey, had shocker of a year but played off bench a lot. In 15 he was pretty special, his defence is his biggest problem

Maybe if Croker and Metcalfe were "t on Manly "s books at the moment Elgey may have been worth considering . Pretty fair footy player but don 't think that he can offer any more then what is already in the Halves at Manly right now .

To be honest I’d settle for Elgey and a good forward. Elgey was the next big thing not that long ago, and in a team other than the Titans I think he’d be a real asset
If he can stay injury free I reckon he can easily fill Greens role.
Green didn't play a complicated game. He passed well, has a strong kicking game, not flash at running the ball and defensively left a lot to be desired. Elgey could easily slide into that organising role if we miss out on Pearce.

Stuff elgey .. Get todd carney for 200k & get thompson back .. We must already have pearce wrapped up ! No idiots gonna let thompson & green go without gaining something big... All this **** about cap space is rubbish , with wat weve let go we could buy anyone you wanted .. Why would you even put a bid in if you have no money.. We have the money for pearce & i reckon we got him ..

It doesn't matter if we have money or not, the way it works is you get who you want and then get rid of lesser players to find the cap space.

It's up to Pearcey, if he wants to come we're going to make room for him.

Stuff elgey .. Get todd carney for 200k & get thompson back .. We must already have pearce wrapped up ! No idiots gonna let thompson & green go without gaining something big... All this **** about cap space is rubbish , with wat weve let go we could buy anyone you wanted .. Why would you even put a bid in if you have no money.. We have the money for pearce & i reckon we got him ..
The guys going to the knights mate we stuffed ourselves and youll all be saying oh green man he was actually good.
Knights have double the cash and his mates are there and our pack has no depth

I don't see why anyone would have love for Elgy. He is another Cullen IMO. Great player in his own area. But i just dont see someone who complements DCE. I'm sorry but Hastings ****s on Elgy.

What is the issue with having an attitude all of a sudden? So the young guy has a high opinion of himself? And? If you find a quality half who wants the ball in their hands when the game is on the line. I'd go as far as suggesting they all have that same trait. It's part and parcel.

Our Coach just has to say prove it. He didn't really get that chance in A grade in 17 did he!

I still think if we don't get Pearce (that's a big IF because I think we will), then Hastings will get first crack. And I think he could surprise a few people.

When Hastings replaced Pearce after the dog incident in 2016, the rest of the spine the Chooks had for the most part was Latrell Mitchell (FB), Jake Friend (HK) and either Jayden Nikorima, Aiden Guerra or Ryan Matterson at 5/8. At the time Friend was the only one of note. Guerra is a back rower and while Mitchell, Nikorima and Matterson were rookies.

Compare that to who he would have if he was in the 2018 Manly spine. Tommy at FB, Api at hooker and Cherry at half. The experience and quality from the Chooks 2016 to Manly 2018 is almost chalk and cheese.

Excuse my ignorance, and I’m sorry if I’m dredging up old news, but has there been any discussion about the future of Jackson Hastings?

He seemed to have plenty of potential.

:leftmagnify:The gallery of photos for Manly Pre-Season training published yesterday indicate he’s training hard for a push towards 1st grade.. that’s all I can gather.
I know this isn’t ‘news’ or ‘mail’ but all the images I saw him in would suggest he’s got plenty of fire to push for a starting or bench spot. Maybe someone’s got an actual scoop but just my observation :leftmagnify:

Excuse my ignorance, and I’m sorry if I’m dredging up old news, but has there been any discussion about the future of Jackson Hastings?

He seemed to have plenty of potential.
There is one, it's called something like 'Why did we buy Jackson Hastings'

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8