666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.
The guys in charge of running our show don't believe our young'uns are up to it yet. I'm happy to trust them on that.
I also believe 1 or 2 of them WILL be very good soon.
I fully understand the current and possible future negatives of Carney but he would fit with DCE REALLY well and has natural abilities the upandcomers could learn from also. He is solid, faster than Green or Hocko ever were, has a good kicking/passing/running game. steps off both feet and goalkicks.
It is very possible he could catch fire with the right guys around him and with a shi$load to prove to all.
300k first year minus the 100k from offloading Hastings makes him a 200k great option at this time and space.

What happens if we don't fill Green's space, promote one of the young guys and then DCE gets injured? Bottom 8, that's what.

Carney may be painful for some but is very good insurance... at worst.

Given the date now I don’t expect any news now until #nextyear

The silly season has arrived, almost time for a Silvertails holiday.

Mate , clubs like the Roosters , Sharks , Newcastle don't go all out and sign experienced halves like Cronk, Pearce and Moylan for one million a season for nothing. This is what the fck we will be competing against to make the top 8 again .
The halves we have are young, unproven and inexperienced and that is why we offered Pearce $800 grand a season .
We need an experienced half to steer the team around and support DCE .
Your argument would have merit if we didn’t already have dce.

The guys in charge of running our show don't believe our young'uns are up to it yet. I'm happy to trust them on that.
I also believe 1 or 2 of them WILL be very good soon.
I fully understand the current and possible future negatives of Carney but he would fit with DCE REALLY well and has natural abilities the upandcomers could learn from also. He is solid, faster than Green or Hocko ever were, has a good kicking/passing/running game. steps off both feet and goalkicks.
It is very possible he could catch fire with the right guys around him and with a shi$load to prove to all.
300k first year minus the 100k from offloading Hastings makes him a 200k great option at this time and space.

What happens if we don't fill Green's space, promote one of the young guys and then DCE gets injured? Bottom 8, that's what.

Carney may be painful for some but is very good insurance... at worst.

I agree, very good post. I actually think we should take him for 2 years, and properly train our young guns. Of course we risk losing a few potential stars, but meanwhile we win a premiership, and become the team that gave us the pride in this jersey...

I see Cody Walker is being linked to Manly. Still not happy at Souths.

Excellent player, but seems to go missing during a match.

We just need to sign an experienced 6. The speculation and so on being linked to anyone whose anyone, I just think we sign either Hodkinson or carney and be done with it.
None of developments half’s are ready given clubs being chasing player managers for half’s available Cody Walker a no however.

I don't mind Cody Walker as a footballer, but I don't think he is the answer to our halves problem. It'd just be another version of Walker DCE headless chook from 2016

Carneys offer was 1.2 million pounds for 2 years and when you convert 1.2 million pounds into dollars you will find the figure will be higher per year .

Given your fanatical obsession with trying to convince everybody Carney is the next jesus, it does not surprise me that you would believe something as ridiculous as Carney being offered 1.2 million pounds for 2 years.

Just so you don't have to guess ... that is $1,068,000 $AUS per year.

Now ... you believe that Carney, said no thanks to over a million a year to come back and sign a 2/3 year deal to play for a 2nd division team in Qld ... for what .. loose change.... because ....

Carney has had 3 fool proof years playing in the SL.
Maybe he has grown up . Our coach who has come out saying he is interested in him seems to think so .
We will agree to disagree feathered friend
We actually don't know that for sure do we? Playing in the ESL he would not shave been under the same scrutiny that he wood be playing in the NRL.

I would still like it confirmed who is actually or supposedly leaving the club and in regard to quite a bit of speculation that it is Hastings . Every indication is that Hastings did not seem to have a strong 5/ 8 claim or to be in favor in recent times .If it is now at the stage where any general and probable available N R L half on the market is being considered , well so be it and hopefully a sensible and suitable process of elimination and some realistic bargaining will eventually net a worth while recruit and to supplement what we already have coming through .

I don't mind Cody Walker as a footballer, but I don't think he is the answer to our halves problem. It'd just be another version of Walker DCE headless chook from 2016
The difference between Cody and Dylan. Is Cody is experienced playing in the halves. He got a shot at the NRL on the back of a couple of outstanding years as a pivot for Brisbane Easts.

Before Maguire moved him to fullback this year, Cody was up there with the comps best. I may be wrong but think he led the comp for line breaks half way through the year.

He is that type of player Bozo would want in the halves.

For less dollars he'd be a better option then Pearce for mine. Not that dissimilar the way they play.

The difference between Cody and Dylan. Is Cody is experienced playing in the halves. He got a shot at the NRL on the back of a couple of outstanding years as a pivot for Brisbane Easts.

Before Maguire moved him to fullback this year, Cody was up there with the comps best. I may be wrong but think he led the comp for line breaks half way through the year.

He is that type of player Bozo would want in the halves.

For less dollars he'd be a better option then Pearce for mine. Not that dissimilar the way they play.
Cody Walker has no last tackle options. He is a runner of the ball and does not organise the forwards etc.

No go!

He is a good fit at Souths because Reynolds is the organiser and has a great kicking game. DCE is not a great organiser and plays what he sees like Walker...not a good combination.

Cody Walker has no last tackle options. He is a runner of the ball and does not organise the forwards etc.

No go!

He is a good fit at Souths because Reynolds is the organiser and has a great kicking game. DCE is not a great organiser and plays what he sees like Walker...not a good combination.

I'm suprised this point needs to be repeatedly made on here.

We have all seen what happens when we have two ball running types, and no organiser.
Why people continue to push for another off the cuff running half is quite baffling to me.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8