666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just sign him. If the NRL allow it..good and well...if they don't we are not wasting time and can move on. At 200k he is an absolute bargain whatever transpires really.

If it's only 200k he wants then yes sign him, but his asking price would be a lot more than that I think.

What is bottom dollar these days? 100-130? I don't know if Todd is in a position to dictate how much is reasonable. If any club throws him a NRL lifeline, I'd be surprised if it's not base salary.

What is bottom dollar these days? 100-130? I don't know if Todd is in a position to dictate how much is reasonable. If any club throws him a NRL lifeline, I'd be surprised if it's not base salary.
He turned down 1.2 Mill in the SL to play for 100 grand in a feeder club so he can get an opportunity in the NRL. An NRL club will dictate term$ and will surely get a bargain buy .
Green who now is an overpaid Warrior was never the player Carney is .
The Todd Carney story ....
Have a look at the pass he gives Snake to score under the posts for NSW !!!

Last edited:
If it's only 200k he wants then yes sign him, but his asking price would be a lot more than that I think.
I agree . No more than $200 grand for Carney . If he wants to prove that he is serious and not a dickhead again then that's the price he has to be paid

Should we just give a young bloke a crack instead of these old experienced injury prone veterans
We have : J Hastings , T Wright, C Cullen, C Cust, L Croker & L Metcalf
We have a million dollar 1/2 already there to lead by example we have international forwards and backs
Just pick and stick if they dont work out put the next one in the best and strongest will stay and to be even harsher if we burn them out throw them away we do have a few to go through .
Its a tough gambling with these young guys but it may pay off
A bit arduous but is it worth the gamble ?

Should we just give a young bloke a crack instead of these old experienced injury prone veterans
We have : J Hastings , T Wright, C Cullen, C Cust, L Croker & L Metcalf
We have a million dollar 1/2 already there to lead by example we have international forwards and backs
Just pick and stick if they dont work out put the next one in the best and strongest will stay and to be even harsher if we burn them out throw them away we do have a few to go through .
Its a tough gambling with these young guys but it may pay off
A bit arduous but is it worth the gamble ?
Mate , clubs like the Roosters , Sharks , Newcastle don't go all out and sign experienced halves like Cronk, Pearce and Moylan for one million a season for nothing. This is what the fck we will be competing against to make the top 8 again .
The halves we have are young, unproven and inexperienced and that is why we offered Pearce $800 grand a season .
We need an experienced half to steer the team around and support DCE .

As long as we are looking at fukknuckles .... Paul Carter isn't in goal yet ... is he?

I wouldn't let that fool Carney anywhere near the Manly side we are building ...

PSS I don't give a fig how good people think he was, is, or gonna be. He is a congenital moron.

Also ... the offer of $1.3k for 3 years in the SL .... is $400k per year, that is what you would pay a pretty average player, not someone you expect to be your starting star half.

Also ... the offer of $1.3k for 3 years in the SL .... is $400k per year, that is what you would pay a pretty average player, not someone you expect to be your starting star half.
Cheap at $433.00 a year ,(even for a nobhead )

Mate , clubs like the Roosters , Sharks , Newcastle don't go all out and sign experienced halves like Cronk, Pearce and Moylan for one million a season for nothing. This is what the fck we will be competing against to make the top 8 again .
The halves we have are young, unproven and inexperienced and that is why we offered Pearce $800 grand a season .
We need an experienced half to steer the team around and support DCE .
I do agree with what your saying its like buying instant success and all clubs try to do it
Do we try our young 1/2's and build success thats the million dollar question

By the way Carney has signed for the Northern Pride, the feeder club to the Cowboys and as such “ might” get a call up just like we might call up a Blacktown player BUT he isn’t in the Cowboys top 30 ( those suggesting so on Facebook are wrong).

I Googled an article from the Townsville newspaper that mentions this exactly.

Carneys offer was 1.2 million pounds for 2 years and when you convert 1.2 million pounds into dollars you will find the figure will be higher per year .

Green was on 300 grand a year
Carny will be on 100 grand a year and is a better player than Green ever was and also can solve our goal kicking issues .
All this for 100 grand .
Also , How much better is Pearce than Carny ?
Is he 800 grand better value than Carny ?
I don't think so .
You comparing Pearce to Carney come on mate carney hasn't played in the NRL in years and Pearce has been part of a top 2 team 4 years now

You comparing Pearce to Carney come on mate carney hasn't played in the NRL in years and Pearce has been part of a top 2 team 4 years now
Read between the lines feathered friend .
If we get Carney for $200k and Pearce is getting over 1 Million a year with the Knights . Is Pearce that much better value then Carney who can also kick goals ?
My answer is no .

Read between the lines feathered friend .
If we get Carney for $200k and Pearce is getting over 1 Million a year with the Knights . Is Pearce that much better value then Carney who can also kick goals ?
My answer is no .
Look at 200 k we would be silly not to try him he can kick goals and he has been a really good player in the past if it were between him and Trent then bring on the Bubbler Boy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10