666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.
OK. I have been away to a dinner function most of the day so I've only now got back to respond to Turbo and Batty.

I have this on going battle with a Western Australian cricket fan who thinks everything good comes from that state. Shaun Marsh is is greatest love and he maintains he's the best batsman in the country. I have shown him time and again statistically that he is not but he operates on the principle of perception.

Trouble with perception is that it is inevitably flawed. Its always biased, because we are always see what we want to see and overlook or downplay those issues that contradict our predetermined understandings. Stats dont tell everything by a long shot. But they are vastly superior to perceptions and that's why sporting people th world over put so much store in them.

Firstly I am convinced that Turbo has the potential to be possibly one of, if not the greatest full back in League history. It all depends if he can move to the next level. But for now he's a spectacular player with some flaws.

If I look at Turbo last year he certainly made big ground. He averaged 181.9 metres per game. But Gutherson as full back averaged not much less at 172.3 metres per game. Add to that he did it at an average of 14.7 runs per game compared to Turbo's 19 runs per game.

I brought in Munster at this stage for comparison because he played 6 full back games and 10 five eight games and is the incumbant test five eighth, while Gutherson played 8 of each. Yet at full back Munster could only average 123.2 metres per game

Defensively is where Turbo had problems. Gutho's miss tackle percentage was only 13.6. Munster 14.4 while Turbo was 27%. But lets be fair to Turbo here because at full back Gutho also had 27%, but Munster was 12.8. Turbo and Gutho were far superior to Munster in line breaks but Turbo and Munster were much better than Gutho at try assists. But then Gutho scored more tries than Turbo per match at .69 to .55 while Munster could only manage .19.

As five eighths Gutherson made more line breaks, Munster more try assists, Gutho more tries per match and then Gutho had fewer tackles but he missed fewer at 10.7% to 15%

What these figures suggest is that as full backs there is little difference between Turbo and Gutho and both are superior to Munster. Both have skills and flaws. As a five eighth Munster is a better distributor than Gutho but Gutho is a better attacker and defender

And of course we shouldnt overlook the fact that Gutherson kicks goal with a 75% success rate. He does also have a good general kicking game despite claims to the contrary.

Over to you guys

We have no one left to get other than trent Hodkinson. This has worked out perfectly for the knights.. suspiciously well some might say. Make no mistake we will get trent and honestly we have killed ourselves for next season. It better be a 1 year deal i mean he can kick goals lol if you guys thought green moved like an old woman wait to you see this bloke. So many good halves and we end up with a spooners reserve grader LOL hopefully barrett gets him to play his best footy but i doubt it very much.

We have no one left to get other than trent Hodkinson. This has worked out perfectly for the knights.. suspiciously well some might say. Make no mistake we will get trent and honestly we have killed ourselves for next season. It better be a 1 year deal i mean he can kick goals lol if you guys thought green moved like an old woman wait to you see this bloke. So many good halves and we end up with a spooners reserve grader LOL hopefully barrett gets him to play his best footy but i doubt it very much.

This is your 3rd post in 2 mins screaming we are doomed.

Just get your mummy to make you a hot chocolate and have a little lie down .....

Let the grown ups worry about 5/8 ....

Hodko was the slowest half in the competition back in 2010 prior to his knee issues. Yes he can tackle and throw a good dummy, but even if anyone fell for it they'd round him up before he'd been able to run 2 metres. Prefer any of the alternative options. Newcastle will be laughing all the way to the bank whatever we pay for him. It will be their payback for us getting the best out of Uate.

I was thinking if Manly could get Hodkinson for no more than 200k and have the Knights pay the rest of his contract it could be worth the risk. There would still be money left for another player.
If it doesn’t work out then we can turn to Hastings or Croker.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, if you look closely, old men (if they're alive at all) move waaaaay worse than old women. Grandmother issues?
Haha im not the one who says this stuff i liked green and thought we should of stayed away from pearce and it seems i was right and now we are really really screwed

Yeah hanging on to a disgruntled half who is salty because he feels like he is missing his big pay day works out great. Just ask Penrith.

I was thinking if Manly could get Hodkinson for no more than 200k and have the Knights pay the rest of his contract it could be worth the risk. There would still have money left for another player.
I reckon knights would let him go for minimum wage just to get another player in the top 30.
See if we can throw in brown as a bonus

I was thinking if Manly could get Hodkinson for no more than 200k and have the Knights pay the rest of his contract it could be worth the risk. There would still have money left for another player.
Yeah I agree but the guys not good and we left Green go who was very good for us

Green v Hodko

About the same age

Both slow and defensively weak.

Green, the best repeat set player in the game.

Green, $350k a year and wanted much more and an extension.

Hodko, whilst no sharp shooter is a pretty fair goal kicker.

Hodko could at least run one side of the ruck, even if to only pass quickly or kick.

Hodko, would only be signed if the Knights pick up a VERY large part of his salary.

Hodko, would only come for one year, any longer at full freight would be very very silly.

Let Hastings / Croker fight it out and if they look good ,they get the start,if not we have an experienced half not too dissimilar to Green for a much lesser price in the wings.

As a stop gap measure only I can’t see too many down sides as long as the above conditions apply!

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8