666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.
at the end of the day, rugby league is entertainment and there is nothing entertaining about watching a cripple dish off to an edge forward or put a grubber into the in goal; sadly that's all Hodkinson is capable of.

I am vehemently opposed to his signing. At least let the likes of Hastings or Lamb have a crack and go down swinging.

Getting a guy like Lamb or giving Hastings a go, softens the blow of missing out on Pearce. The upside is we get the entertainment of watching a young player with potential, possibly develop into a star. Hodkinson is just a stop gap that will develop into nothing and be a sad a reminder of the dregs we had to take when we missed out on a marquee half.

at the end of the day, rugby league is entertainment and there is nothing entertaining about watching a cripple dish off to an edge forward or put a grubber into the in goal; sadly that's all Hodkinson is capable of.

I am vehemently opposed to his signing. At least let the likes of Hastings or Lamb have a crack and go down swinging.

Getting a guy like Lamb or giving Hastings a go, softens the blow of missing out on Pearce. The upside is we get the entertainment of watching a young player with potential, possibly develop into a star. Hodkinson is just a stop gap that will develop into nothing and be a sad a reminder of the dregs we had to take when we missed out on a marquee half.
Lamb would be preferential, but have a feeling he wouldn’t be released by the Knights.

Lamb / Hodko / Croker / Hastings. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

Wonder, do people know Croker couldn't even break back into the junior team 17 after his injury?

Canberra thought he couldn't cut the mustard.

Can’t see why we don’t sign Hingano, Lamb and Hodkinson. Should get them all in a package deal worth under $500k and we would then have seven really average halves with maybe some potential not just the four we have now. We could rotate them while they are settling into first grade (and in between injuries for Hodgo)??

Out team list would be great!

TomTurbo
Taufua
Kelly/Parker
Walker
Uate
DCE
Hastings/Croker/Cullen/Wright/Hingano/Lamb/Hodkinson
Tapau
Api
AFB
Siro
Frankenstein
JakeT

Poo
Lane
Darcy
Perrett

I hope that common sense prevails, we have options already for five-eighth, we need to strengthen our back row and front row. We moved on from Hodko a long time ago!!

Lamb / Hodko / Croker / Hastings. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

Wonder, do people know Croker couldn't even break back into the junior team 17 after his injury?

Well we are no more screwed than we were in 2016, and “ potentially “ one of these might step up” ( hopefully )!

I’m looking on the glass half full side this time, I know it’s a change.

Well we are no more screwed than we were in 2016, and “ potentially “ one of these might step up” ( hopefully )!

I’m looking on the glass half full side this time, I know it’s a change.

I'm going to keep it real mate. Set the bar very, very low. Almost every other team has improved.

I agree though, while we made solid steps this season (2017) we are VERY much like 2016 again now, where Walker started at 5/8, and we had to contend with injured players returning.

My opinion. Scott Fulton and John Cartwright have ****ed us.

These fluff articles about players deadlifting, and players running fast like Tanginoa and Croker frustrate me. Croker like I said couldn't crack into a junior Raiders team he was that ordinary (and getting scratched).

This argument was dumb when it was about Uate, and it's dumb now.

Newcastle are a basket case and get the absolute worst out of their players.

Hodkinson has a cool head and is the only half to win NSW an Origin series in the last 12 years. He's not a bad player, and he'll be better at Manly than he is at Newcastle.
When you bring up origin its like he actually did something LOL he did nothing and did not deserve to be there period. His best is green on an average day.. honestly i hope he does do good if he comes and sure he will be better than at the spooners but hes never been good and i always rated him the worst half in the game he will bring absolutely nothing in attack hes too slow and his knees are bad. I rated him worst half and he ended up playing reserve grade for the spooners lol he was never good imo and his origin fluke dummy hahaha his only claim to fame. Its gonna be a long exhausting year.. and now i read we arent in the race for Crichton.. lets hope we are going after napa but i doubt that too! As for trent hodko lol lets hope he can still kick zzzzzzzzz

URGENT OPEN LETTER ALSO TO TRENT BARRETT:

Dear Trent,

You and your team are rugby league professionals and we are armchair fans. Odds are, your decision is likely to be better than that of some random internet nuffy.

Carry on.
Yeah thats why they released a club statement telling us how hard they tried to get Pearce lol because they know they fked up BIG time and now we will have to get Hodkinson the lowest of the low..
bottom 3 halves
Hodkinson
Mybe
Frawley

To those who say Hodko couldn't make first grade at the Knights or Croker couldn't even make the under 12s at the Raiders, I give you Uate.
And if that's not enough, I give you our TBaz against their Brown and Stuart.
Sit down.

Hodko is on around $600,000 for his final year, after that his probable only option is UK Super League, if Newcastle want to get rid of him, they would probably have to pick up around $500,000 of his contract to make it worthwhile for us getting him, what worries me is that we may sign him for this year, however he may want another year also, at his full value, which we have to pay for the full contract.
Newcastle will not want to release Brock Lamb, so we may have to pay overs to make him want to seek a release from Newcastle, and if Newcastle agree to release him.
Getting Hodko for one year, and a one year option in our favour wouldn't be a bad outcome, with minimal cost to us.

I’m only condoning Hodko if he’s absolute bargain basement.

If they want better chase Lamb, but he costs more of course.
It would be good if there was unlimited interchange.. Then you could bring hodko on to take conversions.. I'm just worried that even if we bought him at a fire sale price he'd be wasting space like brown..it's a bit of a quandary we're in.. Time will tell what the big chiefs decide to do and how it will all pan out.

To those who say Hodko couldn't make first grade at the Knights or Croker couldn't even make the under 12s at the Raiders, I give you Uate.
And if that's not enough, I give you our TBaz against their Brown and Stuart.
Sit down.
Uate is an athlete. Injury free. It's not fair to uate that you compare him with Hodko.

Croker is reportedly killing it at 5/8 at pre season so far.

Yesterday's interview with him shows his willingness to put in extra work to get into the NRL side :clap:

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2017/12/05/meet_lachlan_croker.html

Surely every indication that Hodko would only be a Pearce meal option at best . Hardly a knees up prospect here . Best for Manly to be going forward not backwards.

Surely a large contributor to Hodkinson’s lack of recent success would also be the fact he was running out behind one of the worst packs in recent history - akin to our Mason, Sao, Sene Lefao lineup of several seasons past. Saifiti brothers...Stockton...Toupou on half a leg...Buhrer injured...Starling, now playing club footy...Matutia a centre-turned-backrower-turned captain who wouldn’t get a start in a half decent side... not much go-forward there.

Just heard a QLD sports report that Hodko"s manager is apparently in discussions with Manly, did not pick up who had made the initial overtures . The scenario with Hodko unwanted at the Knights with Pearce , Lamb and Watson now available and possibly prepared to significantly subsidize his contract . Then very possible as a back up half at Manly on about 250 grand or less and prepared for many Black Town appearances for the season if Hastings and Croker come good ? I would still err on the side of a backwards outcome but if guys like Lamb or a couple of others are out of contention to pick up and Baz is still not totally confident with the present club options ,well maybe it could actually become a reality for one season . Also heard that Quade Cooper is going back to Brisbane club union for two years on 800 grand a year , strange days indeed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10