4 spots to fill .. updated ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Croker is BWSE at best , should never be seen in first grade again!!
I had some hope for him at 9,but he seems to just try too hard and try to do too much,seems to lack the patience and vision,I actually think he could be a Gutherson type as a centre/fullback with time,he had a really good game at centre and might be suited there(we have enough centres though...).
First year he has actually gotten through a full year as well without a major injury...If super league wants him would not mind letting him go.

I haven't given up on Croker as a first grader.
If it weren't for the unavailability of our higher-rated halves and hookers over the last 2 seasons he would have played far more reserves (well not this year obviously) and less first grade.
He is 23. A guy like Nicho Hynes has been able to develop out of the spotlight, and at age 24 this year suddenly he is decent first grade standard.

Its been said in other threads but I think some powder is being kept dry until the JDB case finishes up (could have an impact on Manase via the stand down policy). If there is zero chance of that rule being reversed and Manase is out for the majority of 2021, that is when moves will be made.

As I said moves will happen deep into this off season.
I don’t see how the jdb case will have any bearing on things. If he’s guilty, gorn. If he is innocent then the nrl will say that serious charges justify the stand down. And the stand down has already been tested in court and upheld as a thing.

We went after hetherington so that to me suggests we are or were in the market. Maybe the hetherington move had something to do with Boyle. I heard he was off to the dogs... now seems hes staying. Iv never been a fan of sipley. Too slow and no impact imho.. i hope we are looking at someone else or look to bring in young fainu
Agreed - I hope Boyle goes and yes Sipley doesn't do it for me either. Young Faimnu will definitely be in the picture but yes agree thwy will sign another prop. Hopefully a wild crazy man who wants to bash people!

Fair points.
Agree with you about Croker and Walker. Unfortunately they are on the books though so will have to see them off.

Your comments about a back up 9 highlights that we should potentially be chasing a utility type backrow then that can play 9 but more suited to the backrow eg B Smith, J Tevaga type player etc. That way if Fainu comes back they can drop to the bench backrow role.

I personally would love to see us go after a Jnr 9 from another club. Schnieder would be perfect. Happy to play first grade for his shot in the big league and no doubt would love the experience of playing with Fainu if he returns.

I think ZDC would have featured this year if Des/Crusher had any faith in him. He’s had his chance to make first grade and been around - so far, no club has bothered.
Ray Stone?Reed Izzard? Neither is big but mobile and could be useful utilities,a guy who can play hooker and lock/edge will usually be a bit smaller size wise but mobility will be good eg Cam Murray.
We have Tyran Ott who whilst not a star would be a solid option if called on.Think he is still eligible for flegg with the age changes mooted,bit of a leader type too.
In regards to ZDC what you say is true,but with the rule changes I think some players become more useful,the young half from the Sharks Brayden Trindall is still not signed( I think) and I think he would make a really good dummy half with a years experience.Good defender and sharp with skills that would transition well to a 9.

I think McCullough has gone back to the Bronco's, but he's just turned 30, has 268 games experience (3 state of origin games only 2 years ago), would look VERY good in a Manly jersey (was injured this year for The Knights).

Want a Hooker, sign him for 12 months. His poise and experience, as well as character would do wonders to those around him. Share the duties with Foran (if Fainu isn't available).

Stone would be great. He debuted well with the Slime.

I guess with ZDC we have nothing to lose right so why not. I just think if they had him in mind, it would have been in 2020.

I was very impressed with Trindall. He would be a great Moneyball signing.

The thing for me is, we can’t rely on Fainu. He’s gone most of 2021 and potentially never returns anyway if found guilty. If the club is serious about 2021 - we need a solution from round 1. I hope this is what the club is working towards.

Available to negotiate as of tomorrow:
Joshua Cook, Jake Granville, Siliva Havili, Sione Katoa, Mitchell Kenny, Karl Lawton, Jacob Liddle, Andrew McCullough, Cameron McInnes, Kyle Paterson, Mitch Rein, Jazz Tevaga, Sam Verrills.
Hoping this is the direction the club is going for 2021.
Cameron McInnes would be awesome!!!!

Stone would be great. He debuted well with the Slime.

I guess with ZDC we have nothing to lose right so why not. I just think if they had him in mind, it would have been in 2020.

I was very impressed with Trindall. He would be a great Moneyball signing.

The thing for me is, we can’t rely on Fainu. He’s gone most of 2021 and potentially never returns anyway if found guilty. If the club is serious about 2021 - we need a solution from round 1. I hope this is what the club is working towards.

Available to negotiate as of tomorrow:
Joshua Cook, Jake Granville, Siliva Havili, Sione Katoa, Mitchell Kenny, Karl Lawton, Jacob Liddle, Andrew McCullough, Cameron McInnes, Kyle Paterson, Mitch Rein, Jazz Tevaga, Sam Verrills.
Hoping this is the direction the club is going for 2021.
I said in a previous post some time ago that I would go after Joshua Cook. He is a good young hooker that won a premiership with Souths in the Jersey Flegg last year. He is smart, has good vision and gives good service from dummy-half. From the games I have seen of him, he would do nicely in the maroon and white.

He would cost minimal dollars, and will give us a genuine hooker until Fainu returns and depth beyond that. He won't play any minutes for Souths unless Damien Cook gets injured. We should make it happen.

DAILY TELECRAP's view

SEA EAGLES

Retention targets:
Manly has a settled playing roster for next season but will re-evaluate after 2021 with Kieran Foran, Tevita Funa, Reuben Garrick, Jack Gosiewski, Brad Parker, Toafofoa Sipley, Curtis Sironen, Jorge Taufua and Dylan Walker coming off contract.

Recruitment targets: Manly may look at securing a hooker after Danny Leviwas told he wasn’t required next season. Coach Des Hasler may look internally with Cade Cust, Lachlan Croker and Foran his dummy half options. Manly has forward depth but overcoming the loss of Addin Fonua-Blake will be difficult. Foran will be Manly’s only significant signing for 2021.

Verdict: Manly was tipped to play finals this year but fell apart, winning just seven of 20 games. While not using a horrid injury toll as an excuse, Hasler is adamant he has a finals roster with some overdue luck. Manly’s big three – Tomand Jake Trbojevic along with Daly Cherry-Evans – prevent the club targeting another big name.

DAILY TELECRAP's view

SEA EAGLES

Retention targets:
Manly has a settled playing roster for next season but will re-evaluate after 2021 with Kieran Foran, Tevita Funa, Reuben Garrick, Jack Gosiewski, Brad Parker, Toafofoa Sipley, Curtis Sironen, Jorge Taufua and Dylan Walker coming off contract.

Recruitment targets: Manly may look at securing a hooker after Danny Leviwas told he wasn’t required next season. Coach Des Hasler may look internally with Cade Cust, Lachlan Croker and Foran his dummy half options. Manly has forward depth but overcoming the loss of Addin Fonua-Blake will be difficult. Foran will be Manly’s only significant signing for 2021.

Verdict: Manly was tipped to play finals this year but fell apart, winning just seven of 20 games. While not using a horrid injury toll as an excuse, Hasler is adamant he has a finals roster with some overdue luck. Manly’s big three – Tomand Jake Trbojevic along with Daly Cherry-Evans – prevent the club targeting another big name.
If Foran is our only significant signing I think we are royally ****ed ( no lube).

Ray Stone?Reed Izzard? Neither is big but mobile and could be useful utilities,a guy who can play hooker and lock/edge will usually be a bit smaller size wise but mobility will be good eg Cam Murray.
We have Tyran Ott who whilst not a star would be a solid option if called on.Think he is still eligible for flegg with the age changes mooted,bit of a leader type too.
In regards to ZDC what you say is true,but with the rule changes I think some players become more useful,the young half from the Sharks Brayden Trindall is still not signed( I think) and I think he would make a really good dummy half with a years experience.Good defender and sharp with skills that would transition well to a 9.
I like the look of that Trindall, he's a real footballer and seems quick between the ears on the field. Had a bad run of injuries before this year but really stepped up when needed. Seems he could definitely play hooker and a nice option. He's stuck behind Townsend and Johnson at Sharks and may be looking for an opportunity. Otherwise I agree again regarding ZDC, he's clever and plays fast, he's creative and definitely suited to the new rules

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4