2024 Optimist/Pessimist Thread - How are you feeling?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

2024 Optimist/Pessimist Thread - How are you feeling?

• Optimistic

Votes: 72 88.9%
  • On the fence (get off it!)

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Pessimistic

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
The broncs had a saloon run with their draw and injuries last year. I might be wrong but I wonder if last year may be a one off run for them. Can def see them slipping down the ladder. Penrith as well now with their squad further depleting.
Yes, I agree, I see Brisbane not making the same impact, and although Penrith may be favs, I think someone MIGHT replace them on top, but who? I don't think it will be Brisbane, this leaves the door open for a surprise or two.

You could be right
I see if we do not make a strong start
We could make a strong finish
Its a long season
It’s a marathon not a sprint the NRL season. And all our squad need to be ready to step up when called upon. Anything less than a top 8 berth this year is a failure imo. And I expect us to be playing finals.

I don't think those 3 are a lay down misere.

If you are slightly off your game things can change quickly in the NRL.

Broncos for example....and not saying they wont make it, but I can envision a world where the loss of Flegler, Herbie and Capwell effect them. Maybe some of there young young stars like Reece and Ezra get a bit big for their boots. Perhaps their injury prone Reynolds misses a chunk of games, perhaps the way the lost that GF makes them have a little hangover.

A lot of things could happen and the NRL is so tight that they could easily drop a extra game or two and suddenly find themselves 5th, 7th or even out of the 8.

I mean look at 2022 Grand finalists Parra and 2022 top 4 team the Cowboys. Both missed the 8 last year.
No one had Wahs, Knights or Raiders in their top 8 either. Wahs even made the top 4.

It’s a marathon not a sprint the NRL season. And all our squad need to be ready to step up when called upon. Anything less than a top 8 berth this year is a failure imo. And I expect us to be playing finals.
The NRL season is a marathon of Resilience and the Ability to Recover from Adversity
Sht will happen and excuses never fix the sht that happens in a season
The only thing that fixes seasons sht are leaders that can come up with the right solutions and prevail
Any Mediocre person can come up with excuses for failure
I would not mind getting paid 6 figure sum for failure

Strength is Inspired from the Top

The Many faces of Seibold
Does Seibold look like a strong leader to you ?
Does he Inspire you ?
Do his press conferences Rock your Eagle Socks ?
Please enlighten us if he does
1708129523141.png

The time for chat about Manly improving needs to now be action.

For the last decade there are too many false dawns about how the club is going to rise.

For me it comes down to a few simple things.

Our pack as a collective has to lift and match the imposing top teams packs!

We must improve our defence, you cannot concede 22 points plus a game and hope to beat the top sides.

The goal needs to be between 16-18 per game to start with.

Over the last few years we are flat track bullies and rarely beat a top 4 team, if we are to aspire to that we need to make Brookie a fortress again.

I think during the origin period that we manage this much better. We need to have cover for full back and half back at least.

There is an opportunity for Manly this season, no excuses, time for action!!

I don’t think we have beaten Penrith since 2018 and souths since 2019 from memory.
Records
Defensive Lines
Game Plans
and Salary Caps
are all meant to be Broken
And we must Break free from our Pointless Past feathered friend

I just want to know when woodsie is coming back I really miss him 😔 I wonder if he really is Sean Keppie 😀
Maybe he has now joined the South Sydney Forum and Follow the Great Keppie there
Keppie played strong in the Trials
Big Runs , Big hits and No Errors
Woodsie would be happy with that

Maybe he has now joined the South Sydney Forum and Follow the Great Keppie there
Keppie played strong in the Trials
Big Runs , Big hits and No Errors
Woodsie would be happy with that
It’s funny isn’t it, players often leave a club and find they have something to prove so work harder at their next club.

A good example of that is Shaun Lane who has something to prove ( and did ) when he arrived at Manly and subsequently got a huge contract upgrade as a result.

One thing that I think is very different to the last few years is in the case of injuries we have back up options.

The obvious is Tom , we have Garrick / Koula.

Halves , Jake Arthur, no superstar but does his job.

Plenty of wing / centre options.

Loads of forwards ( which you need ) but still short a couple I think.

This gives reason for optimism.

But it’s a long season , so who knows.

88.2% optimistic

And why the bloody hell not after beating south’s in game 1.

Well done Mr Seivild - so far so good. Fitness looks excellent. Brooks a top addition. But an injury to Saab - do we feel confident we have enough coverage? It’s one of our deeper positions at least

Cmon you Eagles!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8