2024 MWSE Line-up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If all fit n' firing...R1
(No Koula-suspended, no Lodge too faaarrrked ACL-no chance)

Turbo
J. Paulo
Garrick
Parker
Saab
Brooks
DCE
Paseka
Croker
Jurbo
Olakau'atu
Schuster
Aloiai
---------------
Burbo
Bullemor
Brown
Sipley

I think you will find Koula will play rd1, International rules are different from NRL and there are also trial matches that can be taken into account.
Other than that I think your close, but will be a toss of the coin for Burbo and Gordie, I would go Gordie to change the game with his play from dummy half when he comes on.

Burbo is just a solid forward and really no impact.

Don't be surprised to see Waddell/ Brown and Burbo fight out a bench spot. If Brown can get back to his form of 2019-2021 then he will be a certain top 17 option.

D
I think you will find Koula will play rd1, International rules are different from NRL and there are also trial matches that can be taken into account.
Other than that I think your close, but will be a toss of the coin for Burbo and Gordie, I would go Gordie to change the game with his play from dummy half when he comes on.

Don't be surprised to see Waddell/ Brown and Burbo fight out a bench spot. If Brown can get back to his form of 2019-2021 then he will be a certain top 17 option.
Didn't know about the International rule you mentioned. Koula into centre, pushing Garrick to wing, and Paulo to Blacktown. GCKT would be my bench 14 but I don't see Seibs doing this in R1, trial yes R1 no. Schuster as 14 Waddell in the no.12??

Turbo
Garrick
Parker
Koula
Saab
Brooks
DCE
Paseka
Croker
Jurbo
Olakau'atu
Waddell
Aloiai
-------------
Schuster
Bullemor
Brown
Sipley

Round 1
Lodge out with ACL

1.Tom Trbojevic
2.Jason Saab
3.Reuben Garrick
4.Tolutau Koula (Parker if Koula out rd 1)
5.Christian Tuipulotu
6.Luke Brooks
7.Daly Cherry-Evans
8.Taniela Paseka
9.Lachlan Croker
10.Jake Trbojevic
11.Haumole Olakau'atu
12.Josh Schuster
13.Josh Aloiai

14.Ben Trbojevic
15.Ethan Bullemor
16.Toafofoa Sipley
17. Gordon Chan Kum Tong

Last edited:
1.Turbo
2.Paulo/Vega/Tui
3.Koula
4.Garrick
5.Saab
6.Brooks
7.Dce
8.Tent
9 Froggy
10.Lodge
11.Schu
12.Guac
13.Jurbo
14.GCKT
15.Sipley
16.Bully
17.Aloiai
Brown comes in for Gordy if we wanna go power over finesse.

I don't think we're going to see much more of Aloiai at 13, given he was switched back to prop by that Sharks game. Sure, we don't have a purpose built 13, but Aloiai won't magically become one, and Jake at the moment is the best link man we could put there. I think Seibold will be quite conservative for Round 1 in my view, except the wing spot is up for grabs.

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Koula
4. Garrick
5. Tui / Paulo / Vaega
6. Brooks
7. DCE
8. Paseka (if available)
9. Croker
10. Sipley
11. Haumole
12. Schuster (If he regains Seibold's trust in the pre-season)
13. Jake

GCKT isn't going anywhere given the absolute riots that will occur from some people if he doesn't return. Croker needs a break.

14. GCKT
15. Aloiai / James / Brown (depending on their pre-season performance)
16. Bully
17. Burbo / Waddell

If Brown can show that same mongrel he's reknowned for, Id put him in ahead of Waddell.
I dont how Aloai can factor in the equation. I prefer Lodge, Bully and Paseka as the prop rotation.
Vaega showed he can compete at this level in the last few games. Id give him a starters jersey in r1.

If Brown can show that same mongrel he's reknowned for, Id put him in ahead of Waddell.
I dont how Aloai can factor in the equation. I prefer Lodge, Bully and Paseka as the prop rotation.
Vaega showed he can compete at this level in the last few games. Id give him a starters jersey in r1.
We need at least 4 solid middles, for mine it's Sipley, Paseka, Lodge and Bully.

1.Tom Trbojevic
2.Jason Saab
3.Reuben Garrick
4.Tolutau Koula
5.Jaxson Paulo
6.Luke Brooks
7.Daly Cherry-Evans
8.Taniela Paseka
9.Lachlan Croker
10.Toafofoa Sipley
11.Haumole Olakau'atu
12.Ben Trbojevic
13.Jake Trbojevic

14.Gordon Chan Kum Tong
15.Ethan Bullemor
16.Josh Aloiai
17.Josh Schuster

Currently my thoughts but so much can change. Josh needs to earn that spot, he no longer gets gifted things in my view

I have felt the same way for some time about Burbo....but I just noticed as he added a bit of size to his frame once he came back, started poking his nose though holes and looking like "more" than a replacement.
I spent some time with him recently and is an absolute top shelf bloke, but that does not mean you give the nice guy the job and I feel 2024 is a "Must" breakout and make the impact that was expected before his debut.... i do agree with you 90% Jay Eagle let me add, though I just seen a few "moments" in his later games that kind of call out for a bit more opportunity and that there is more in the bag with this bloke.
After all that being said, I would have Gordie on the bench before him if I was picking sides today :wait:

Burbo will be named in the 17. Just depends on whether he takes an edge or a bench spot.

1. Tom T
2. Saab
3. Garrick
4. Koula
5. Tuipulotu
6. Brooks
7. DCE
13. Jake
12. Schu
11. Haumole
10. Sipley
9. Croker
8. Paseka

Bench

14. GCKT
15. Sipley
16. Aloiai
17. Bullemoor

Turbo
Paulo
Garrick
Koula
Saab
Brooks
DCE
Paseka
Croker
Jake
Olakau'atu
Schuster
Aloiai
-------------
GCKT
Waddell
Bullemor
Sipley

Unlikely that Lodge will be ready for Round 1

6-9 months is the estimate. So that would have him back between Feb/April. I'm backing him to return round 2.

A key to first round selection will be who is selected in which position in the trials. Also, Siebold probably won't wish to experiment too much for the big event season opener in Vegas. I think the tendency will be to go with the incumbents from the end of the season winning team. I would suggest something like this (barring injuries in the trials)

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Parker
4. Koula
5. Garrick
6. Brookes
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Sipley
11. Haumole
12. Burbo