2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Think the prospects of Weekes being on the wing , pretty remote, could maybe adapt to a centre role if it comes down to having the best 13 in the starting side and his ability and form does warrant it . Haven 't noticed any recent references for Garrick to the centres , still not too sure what the go there was with Mestrov suggesting it may be on the cards , Club has certainly put some faith in him long term but wing or full back unless he can somehow show a complete change in playing style to make a go of it as a centre . Vaega could come into contention with Saab out for a while yet , 2 trials this season so should be some reasonable opportunity for the younger contenders to show they can match it consistently at a higher level
Yeah, I think Weekes would be wasted on the wing when we have other options. Bench or centre seems the most likely ....... or Blacktown of course.

Yeah, I think Weekes would be wasted on the wing when we have other options. Bench or centre seems the most likely ....... or Blacktown of course.
I agree Weekes could be wasted on the wing....if we were thinking long term. I think back to Gutherson who I suspect was let go because we had Turbo. Yet he became a top 5/8 at Parra. I also wonder if Tom Wright should have been thrown in so early into a dysfunctional team into such an important role of 5/8 even though he had excelled in that position in the juniors and has the skills. He wasn't ready, though he was OK at centre. What if they had used him at wing at first. Skillful 5/8 type on the wing? Why not at first. Turns out he's so good at it he payed for the Wallabies. The taste of first grade but not in a primary position that puts too much pressure on the fellow. He's fast, evasive and very competent at full back. Wing is a position that requires full back like elements. Even if only for a time, its experiece that would benefit him. Playing at Blacktown at present is like cleaning the gutters. Its all about thinking long term.

I agree Weekes could be wasted on the wing....if we were thinking long term. I think back to Gutherson who I suspect was let go because we had Turbo. Yet he became a top 5/8 at Parra. I also wonder if Tom Wright should have been thrown in so early into a dysfunctional team into such an important role of 5/8 even though he had excelled in that position in the juniors and has the skills. He wasn't ready, though he was OK at centre. What if they had used him at wing at first. Skillful 5/8 type on the wing? Why not at first. Turns out he's so good at it he payed for the Wallabies. The taste of first grade but not in a primary position that puts too much pressure on the fellow. He's fast, evasive and very competent at full back. Wing is a position that requires full back like elements. Even if only for a time, its experiece that would benefit him. Playing at Blacktown at present is like cleaning the gutters. Its all about thinking long term.
Yeah, its a tricky one. I do have doubts about throwing him in to the role of running the ball out from kicks and also defusing high kicks (I'm being a bit heightist). I understand there a shorter stature wingers that are doing pretty well but anyway ...... it'll all be very interesting.

Yeah, its a tricky one. I do have doubts about throwing him in to the role of running the ball out from kicks and also defusing high kicks (I'm being a bit heightist). I understand there a shorter stature wingers that are doing pretty well but anyway ...... it'll all be very interesting.

Dont forget this kid's primary position has been full back. He's quite experienced under the high ball and running the ball back into play. Positioning would be no problem. Wingers are often supports for full backs and cover similar areas behind the play. In his one full game for Manly as a full back he ran with the ball over 220 metres.

Dont forget this kid's primary position has been full back. He's quite experienced under the high ball and running the ball back into play. Positioning would be no problem. Wingers are often supports for full backs and cover similar areas behind the play. In his one full game for Manly as a full back he ran with the ball over 220 metres.
Yeah, I'm not writing him off but I think its a step up in oposition. I could be wrong but if that 200 metres was against the Bulldogs, I would need to see him against some real opposition before deciding. Thats not to say the kid doesnt have some talent and would give it a red hot go as they say.

If Manly don't win the Grand Final this year, it will be 12 seasons in a row without a GF win. A new record for Manly's longest ever period since Manly's last GF win.
11 seasons 1997 to 2007
11 seasons 2012 to 2022

If Manly don't get to the Grand Final this year, it will be 10 seasons in a row without being in a GF. A new record for Manly's longest ever period without a GF place.
9 seasons 2014 to 2022
9 seasons 1998 to 2006
8 seasons 1960 to 1967

In the club's entire history, no generation of Manly fans has ever gone through 10 seasons of not seeing Manly in a GF.
It’s called the Penn Effect, aka the No Idea Effect.

Last edited:
Yet again today the media continue to say both Fainu's are not in our top 30.

Only thing I can think of is that the club has delayed naming them at the NRL in case a good player becomes available and then a Fainu will revert to development ..

Would be good if somebody knows what this years eligibility rules are ... when can development players be used ??

Only thing I can think of is that the club has delayed naming them at the NRL in case a good player becomes available and then a Fainu will revert to development ..

Would be good if somebody knows what this years eligibility rules are ... when can development players be used ??
I think Dev players can be used after round 11......though I'm only about 38% confident of that

I think Dev players can be used after round 11......though I'm only about 38% confident of that

If correct .. then given the ages of the Fainu's it would make sense not to lock up a top 30 spot for them ... when realistically they are probably not going to debut until after week 11 anyway

If we dont get a couple of signings .. then elevate them ... nothing lost.

If correct .. then given the ages of the Fainu's it would make sense not to lock up a top 30 spot for them ... when realistically they are probably not going to debut until after week 11 anyway

If we dont get a couple of signings .. then elevate them ... nothing lost.
Who needs new signings when we have Rising young Sea eagles like Fainu

Hey all, this is the team I’m hoping to see for 23! A lot of changes to last szn roster but I think we need change… plz lmk what youse think
  1. Turbo
  2. Weekes
  3. Garrick
  4. Koula
  5. Vaega
  6. Schuster
  7. Dce
  8. J.Trbojevic
  9. Crocker / Gordon chan
  10. Paeska
  11. Olakauatu
  12. Tuilagi
  13. B.Trbojevic
  14. Lawton
  15. Alioi
  16. Samuela Fainu
  17. ?

Hey all, this is the team I’m hoping to see for 23! A lot of changes to last szn roster but I think we need change… plz lmk what youse think
  1. Turbo
  2. Weekes
  3. Garrick
  4. Koula
  5. Vaega
  6. Schuster
  7. Dce
  8. J.Trbojevic
  9. Crocker / Gordon chan
  10. Paeska
  11. Olakauatu
  12. Tuilagi
  13. B.Trbojevic
  14. Lawton
  15. Alioi
  16. Samuela Fainu
  17. ?
Good team
I like the dynamic centre combination
I like the speed of Weekes and the power of Vaega on the wings
I like Jake at prop where he belongs
Ben has not proven himself to be a starting NRL player but he might surprise as well as other players in our squad that may break into the top 17
Looking froward to the trial games and see which players show the most passion and form

PXL_20230104_082730043.jpg

The stuff you find in a box in the shed, but I could send it down for our 2023 team to peruse for pointers!

Yeah I say come round 1 our 17 would be
Tommy, Ray vaega, koula, Garrick, Tuipolotu, Schuster, Dce, Paseka, Croker, Aloiai, Olakau'atu, Tuilagi, Jake T.
Bench - Condon, Bullemor, Keppie, Weekes.
18th man - GCT also both Sam Fainu and Tuitavake to feature during year.

Good team
I like the dynamic centre combination
I like the speed of Weekes and the power of Vaega on the wings
I like Jake at prop where he belongs
Ben has not proven himself to be a starting NRL player but he might surprise as well as other players in our squad that may break into the top 17
Looking froward to the trial games and see which players show the most passion and form
Yeah 100% trials will be a great indicator to see where we are at. Would love to see Samuela fainu get a decent run in that game, been hearing nothing but great things about him

Yeah 100% trials will be a great indicator to see where we are at. Would love to see Samuela fainu get a decent run in that game, been hearing nothing but great things about him
Im not sure trials mean as much as you think , however what’s happening at training will have a greater impact.

Trials tend to be , 10 minutes on , 70 minutes off or run all the youngsters for the first half , then half of the regulars for minutes 40-60 and the other half minutes 60-80.

Very hard to gauge how a player is going based on that.

Yeah I say come round 1 our 17 would be
Tommy, Ray vaega, koula, Garrick, Tuipolotu, Schuster, Dce, Paseka, Croker, Aloiai, Olakau'atu, Tuilagi, Jake T.
Bench - Condon, Bullemor, Keppie, Weekes.
18th man - GCT also both Sam Fainu and Tuitavake to feature during year.
Good balance line up but I think Jakes would be better suited in the front row

Samuela Fainu is one of the emerging young guns and so is the fearless Fulton

We need an addition of these exciting young talents and their high Testosterone levels in our 2023 line up

Official NRL profile of Zac Fulton for Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles | Sea ...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4