2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Crap news on Turbo, but really hoping that Seibold gives Weekes a good run at the fullback spot in the preseason. Also, assuming that Lawton won't be fit by round one so would love to see GCKT and Humphreys given a shot at utility as well.
1. Weekes
2. Saab
3. Garrick
4. Koula
5. Tuipulotu
6. Schuster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Aloiai
11. Ola'akautu
12. Tuilagi
13. J Trbojevic
14. Lawton/G Chan Kum Tong/ Humphreys
15. Condon
16. Bullemore
17. Keppie/Sipley

And Burbo.

Lawton strikes me as the type of player who is most suited to a 9 or 2 nd row role . Though apparently someone has mentioned that he has had some experience in the halves so would assume would also have some ball playing skills as well and being just a good natural footy player , no doubt could play as a 13 . Again doubt however if he would be that effective there at N R L level for long periods . Agree that very unlikely two utility type players on the bench , Will be a while before Lawton is available so could be a few bench options and not to discount Roache but then he is still on a train and trial deal i think so who knows . Weekes will be pressing for a spot somewhere in the top line up which can only be a good thing , just like extending his contract relatively soon , all things well
Lawton is that sort of a player you need coming of the bench, livewire and choc full of energy. And also love his white line fever mentality. Don't think he's coming back till June anyway, unfortunately.

Lawton is that sort of a player you need coming of the bench, livewire and choc full of energy. And also love his white line fever mentality. Don't think he's coming back till June anyway, unfortunately.
I see Lawton definitely being a regular coming off the bench, hopefully he has a full recovery and gets back sooner than later.
I would also like to see the young guys all have a crack at first grade next year - young Koula got a break last year and made the most of it. Im sure Weekes, GCKT and Humphreys will all get some opportunity "I Hope"

I see Lawton definitely being a regular coming off the bench, hopefully he has a full recovery and gets back sooner than later.
I would also like to see the young guys all have a crack at first grade next year - young Koula got a break last year and made the most of it. Im sure Weekes, GCKT and Humphreys will all get some opportunity "I Hope"
Weeks will at least get a bench spot as the sole reserve back, anyway. May even get a shot at FB, if Tommy can't make the first round, and a bit of doubt on Garrick, coming of a shoulder opp as well.

Crap news on Turbo, but really hoping that Seibold gives Weekes a good run at the fullback spot in the preseason. Also, assuming that Lawton won't be fit by round one so would love to see GCKT and Humphreys given a shot at utility as well.

14. Lawton/G Chan Kum Tong/ Humphreys
15.Condon
16. Bullemore
17. Keppie/Sipley
Doubt Condon would get thrown in ahead of Sipley unless he has a stunning pre-season, he'll have to earn it in reserves I'd say.
Would love to see Bully have a break out year, he has the goods physically, hope he is desperate enough.

Weeks will at least get a bench spot as the sole reserve back, anyway. May even get a shot at FB, if Tommy can't make the first round, and a bit of doubt on Garrick, coming of a shoulder opp as well.
Garrick seems to be doing ok shoulder wise based on those recent training shots of him lifting weights in the gym. But there's a lot of water to go under the proverbial before the season starts. it will be very interesting to see where the new coaching line up see players like Parker, Harper, Koula, Garrick, Weekes fitting into the team ......... if at all.

The 2 Fainu brothers and Lawton have been added to website profiles.
Makes 29 and the 4 dev contract players,obviously leaves one spot left unless some are moved on.

Garrick seems to be doing ok shoulder wise based on those recent training shots of him lifting weights in the gym. But there's a lot of water to go under the proverbial before the season starts. it will be very interesting to see where the new coaching line up see players like Parker, Harper, Koula, Garrick, Weekes fitting into the team ......... if at all.
If at all? Garrick & Koula are certainties......

Doubt Condon would get thrown in ahead of Sipley unless he has a stunning pre-season, he'll have to earn it in reserves I'd say.
Would love to see Bully have a break out year, he has the goods physically, hope he is desperate enough.
I can't see the current coaching brains trust tying themselves down to Des's ideas as to ability. If Condon puts it in during the off season and performs well in the trials he is likely to make the 17 and possibly in the middle. None of our props set the world on fire last season.

I can't see the current coaching brains trust tying themselves down to Des's ideas as to ability. If Condon puts it in during the off season and performs well in the trials he is likely to make the 17 and possibly in the middle. None of our props set the world on fire last season.
Yep, I really think so many spots are genuinely up for grabs.

Possible, for sure. I'm just thinking 55 games NRL experience for Toff and a slow-burn steady improver, versus a young bloke with potential but only 12 NRL games to his name - and none in 2022.

Possible, for sure. I'm just thinking 55 games NRL experience for Toff and a slow-burn steady improver, versus a young bloke with potential but only 12 NRL games to his name - and none in 2022.
We all have a different perspective and this is why it makes our forum interesting and more entertaining

Another perspective into our prospective 2023 team is this

It does not not matter how many NRL games you have played in 2022 or in your NRL career

What matters most to secure a spot in the 2023 team should be the form you bring into the 2023 season

The moral of the story
The most dominant performers create the most dominant team

Todays version of the 2023 NRL squad
The 5/8 is too young to play NRL. And the only back-up hooker won’t be fit till June.
Aside from that, a well-balanced squad, lol. I guess C Johns will be confirmed soon.
Season 9 Idk GIF by The Office

3 Fullbacks [KO, Koula, Turbo]

4 Wing [CT, Garrick, Saab, Vaega]

2 Centre [Parks, Harps]

1 5/8 [Latu]

1 Half [some guy]

9 Prop [too many to list, does not include Jake]

1 Hooker [Crokes]

6 Second row [Condon, Haumole, Lawton, Tuilagi, Burbo, and … Schuster]

2 lock [Jake, Zac]

This just popped up on my feed ... is it right ?? Do we have 6 spots available or is the bloke a goose .. ?

NRL 2023: Every club's top 30 roster and development squad​

Story by Liam O'Loughlin • 8h ago

MANLY SEA EAGLES​

SPOTS AVAILABLE: 6

• Josh Aloiai
  • Ethan Bullemor
  • Daly Cherry-Evans
  • Lachlan Croker
  • Ben Condon
  • Viliame Fifita
  • Reuben Garrick
  • Morgan Harper
  • Sean Keppie
  • Tolu Koula
  • Karl Lawton
  • Haumole Olakau'atu
  • Brad Parker
  • Taniela Paseka
  • Jason Saab
  • Josh Schuster
  • Toafofoa Sipley
  • Ben Trbojevic
  • Jake Trbojevic
  • Tom Trbojevic
  • Kelma Tuilagi
  • Christian Tuipolotu
  • Alec Tu'itavake
  • Kaeo Weekes

DEVELOPMENT PLAYERS: Gordon Chan Kum Tong, Jamie Humphreys, Jacob Sykes

This just popped up on my feed ... is it right ?? Do we have 6 spots available or is the bloke a goose .. ?

NRL 2023: Every club's top 30 roster and development squad​

Story by Liam O'Loughlin • 8h ago

MANLY SEA EAGLES​

SPOTS AVAILABLE: 6

• Josh Aloiai
  • Ethan Bullemor
  • Daly Cherry-Evans
  • Lachlan Croker
  • Ben Condon
  • Viliame Fifita
  • Reuben Garrick
  • Morgan Harper
  • Sean Keppie
  • Tolu Koula
  • Karl Lawton
  • Haumole Olakau'atu
  • Brad Parker
  • Taniela Paseka
  • Jason Saab
  • Josh Schuster
  • Toafofoa Sipley
  • Ben Trbojevic
  • Jake Trbojevic
  • Tom Trbojevic
  • Kelma Tuilagi
  • Christian Tuipolotu
  • Alec Tu'itavake
  • Kaeo Weekes

DEVELOPMENT PLAYERS: Gordon Chan Kum Tong, Jamie Humphreys, Jacob Sykes
Yes the bloke is a goose. @Woodsie

Backs

Brad
Parker
Position
Centre

Christian
Tuipulotu
Position
Winger

Cooper
Johns
Position
Halfback

Daly
Cherry-Evans
Position
Halfback

Jason
Saab
Position
Winger

Kaeo
Weekes
Position
Fullback

Latu
Fainu
Position
Five-Eighth

Morgan
Harper
Position
Centre

Raymond
Tuaimalo Vaega
Position
Winger

Reuben
Garrick
Position
Winger

Tolutau
Koula
Position
Fullback

Tom
Trbojevic
Position
Fullback

Forwards

Alec
Tuitavake
Position
Prop

Ben
Condon
Position
2nd Row

Ben
Trbojevic
Position
2nd Row

Ethan
Bullemor
Position
Prop

Haumole
Olakau'atu
Position
2nd Row

Jake
Trbojevic
Position
Lock

Josh
Aloiai
Position
Prop

Josh
Schuster
Position
2nd Row

Karl
Lawton
Position
2nd Row

Kelma
Tuilagi
Position
2nd Row

Lachlan
Croker
Position
Hooker

Morgan
Boyle
Position
Prop

25. (Note Train and Replacement)
Nathaniel
Roache
Position
Hooker

Samuela
Fainu
Position
Prop

Sean
Keppie
Position
Prop

Taniela
Paseka
Position
Prop

Toafofoa
Sipley
Position
Prop

Viliami
Fifita
Position
Prop

Zac
Fulton
Position
Lock

Roache on Train and Replacement contract brings squad number down to 30

I'm over this, our Squad list changes weekly, you could be in one week then out the next. I'll wait the week before rd1 to see who really is in the 30 man squad and the Blacktown team.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6