2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The official NRL site lists Manly as having 27 signed players for 2023 in the first-grade squad as per above, with another 4 in the Development list.

Can we assume that another 3 out the 'Train and Trial' list will be listed as signed (by the NRL) at some point?
(Possibly Johns, Roache, Matterson?)
Johns and Roache are of course already listed as 'signed' on the Manly team page.

Last edited:
Yeah possible mate, wondering who a start up 13 ? Not sure who we have there Zach Fulton ?
Zac is one of the exciting young players who will have the opportunity in the trials to make the lucky 13 jersey their own

I hope Seibold rewards players that show promise in the trials
A vote of confidence and belief to a passionate promising player would make them 10 feet tall

A good coach can have that affect on a young player

And that attitude would keep the older players on their toes

Last season I sensed complacency in our regular predictable 17 line up

The official NRL site lists Manly as having 27 signed players for 2023 in the first-grade squad as per above, with another 4 in the Development list.

Can we assume that another 3 out the 'Train and Trial' list will be listed as signed (by the NRL) at some point?
(Possibly Johns, Roache, Matterson?)
Johns and Roache are of course already listed as 'signed' on the Manly team page.
We can assume but the club may have other options also

Zac is one of the exciting young players who will have the opportunity in the trials to make the lucky 13 jersey their own

I hope Seibold rewards players that show promise in the trials
A vote of confidence and belief to a passionate promising player would make them 10 feet tall

A good coach can have that affect on a young player

And that attitude would keep the older players on their toes

Last season I sensed complacency in our regular predictable 17 line up
Zach makes sense if they went that way.

Zach makes sense if they went that way.

I think all this talk about Zac is a little premature. He's played one game for 27 minutes. No question he showed some skill and grunt and I hope his promise is realised. But that's hardly the endorsement to be rushing him into first grade straight off. I'd like to see him gradually brought through as the season progresses. Looks the goods but lets be patient.

I think all this talk about Zac is a little premature. He's played one game for 27 minutes. No question he showed some skill and grunt and I hope his promise is realised. But that's hardly the endorsement to be rushing him into first grade straight off. I'd like to see him gradually brought through as the season progresses. Looks the goods but lets be patient.
Yeah, I really liked what I saw and have high hopes. But expecting him to be a run on 1st Grader is asking a bit much at this point.

Yeah 100% trials will be a great indicator to see where we are at. Would love to see Samuela fainu get a decent run in that game, been hearing nothing but great things about him
Agree, also Tuliviake, he went well in the 1st trial match last season, then had a bad run with injuries. sorry about the spelling...

Im not sure trials mean as much as you think , however what’s happening at training will have a greater impact.

Trials tend to be , 10 minutes on , 70 minutes off or run all the youngsters for the first half , then half of the regulars for minutes 40-60 and the other half minutes 60-80.

Very hard to gauge how a player is going based on that.
I gave you a 'like'. It was going to be an 'agree' but according to GE, boomers will think the tiny new emoji looks like a heart, and I didn't want you to get the wrong idea.
(Not that there's anything wrong with that)
:)

Yeah, I really liked what I saw and have high hopes. But expecting him to be a run on 1st Grader is asking a bit much at this point.
I guess it's up to coach. We became used to Des's conservative approach to selections over the last four seasons (edit: Des's selection process was hindered in 2020 with young players getting insufficient game time due to the NSW Cup & junior comps being cut short/abandoned)

In Seibold's interview with James Graham, he said he was criticized for promoting Carrigan & Dearden in 2019, but now both are impressive rep players (took 2-3 years to achieve this).

Having a new coaching team has sparked a lot of interest for season 2023, both for a different style of play and, hopefully, team selections based on form.

Last edited:
I gave you a 'like'. It was going to be an 'agree' but according to GE, boomers will think the tiny new emoji looks like a heart, and I didn't want you to get the wrong idea.

I went to "agree" on another post and for the love God I nearly went insane trying to work out what was going on looking for the tick 🤦🏻‍♂️

That was highly privileged information!! Talk about the lack of lawyer / poster confidentiality!

lulz

In regards to all young guns that look the goods but we must be patient

My view is if you are a young gun that have the goods and the best form on the board then you should be given the opportunity to shine

Young talent not used is talent wasted

I'm expecting Garrick to start on the wing.

Yes contract talks etc etc but I think they may be saying, the plan is to shift you to centre when Saab returns but for now we need you on the wing.

Turbo
Garrick
Parker
Koula
Tuipulotu

In regards to all young guns that look the goods but we must be patient

My view is if you are a young gun that have the goods and the best form on the board then you should be given the opportunity to shine

Young talent not used is talent wasted

Agreed Bozo and you well know my belief that Des didnt do that enough, except when injuries forced his hand. I'm agreeing that they should be given the opportunity but a little game time to start, preferably off the bench. Maybe the off season will reveal more as will the trials. Same with Weekes. Maybe a wing spot at first or off the bench.

Agreed Bozo and you well know my belief that Des didnt do that enough, except when injuries forced his hand. I'm agreeing that they should be given the opportunity but a little game time to start, preferably off the bench. Maybe the off season will reveal more as will the trials. Same with Weekes. Maybe a wing spot at first or off the bench.

Bear .. weekes was 1st grade ready last year ... you could tell by the way he attacked everything with confidence ... and his composure ... and attitude to defense.

Some kids just have it at a young age ... some not until 23 or 24.

They are all different. .. and weekes is one player that doesn't need time on the wing ... he is ready for centre, 5/8 or fullback .. he will of course make rookie errors ... but will improve with every run.

I look at it this way feathered friend

I do not believe in the theory of playing a young talented player out of position on the wing for minimum time

Also sitting them on the Bench for most of the game would be even more nerve wrecking for them

Sending them out with the full on running side on to the field would be more engaging and uplifting

I believe a young talented player would benefit more by a boost of self belief and self confidence from his coach playing him in his most natural position and giving him maximum time to get the feel of the game and the full on game experience

If a 18 year old soldier can run on to the battle field and face artillery shells
An 18 Year old Sea eagle can run on to the footy field and face unarmed footballers

The moral of the story
Self belief builds self esteem and self confidence
and with self confidence we handle any occasion better

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9