2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah, saw that on 9 news Bris, said he'd like to remain a Bronco, but in the end it's what sort of money you get is the overriding thing for many players. If Haas stays a Bronco no doubt the Broncs will have to up the ante on Haas's contract money, this could work in our favour and may have to let Flegler or others go....who knows, that's 24, we'll see what develops?.
Yeah money is always the overriding factor no doubt he prefer to stay but broncos have salary cap issues

Flegler would say that , in the hope the Thoroughbreds do a back door deal to keep him.

I wouldn’t write him off based on what was said just yet.

Was just chatting to Scotty Drinkwater at the Gym. He said Condon could be anything but lacked fitness and if he made a mistake he tended to drop his head. Plays on an edge but is massive so will end up in the middle. He played close to 80 mins in Qld Cup last year.

That’s just “ negotiations talk “.

The issue the Donkeys have is they want to keep Payne Haas ad he wants big dollars too. Personally can’t see them keeping both of them.
Yeah, my point as well. Just got this awful feeling that what we are offering is the leftovers from the soon to be released 2023 cap increase. And being that all clubs will all get the same increase, it puts us in the bidding circle with all the rest going for half a dozen or so good forwards coming of contract at the end of 23. Just hoping that we have a lot more than just the 675k a season that we have reported to have offered Flegler ?

Yeah, my point as well. Just got this awful feeling that what we are offering is the leftovers from the soon to be released 2023 cap increase. And being that all clubs will all get the same increase, it puts us in the bidding circle with all the rest going for half a dozen or so good forwards coming of contract at the end of 23. Just hoping that we have a lot more than just the 675k a season that we have reported to have offered Flegler ?
Must admit that I don’t get with Marty & Dylan gone why we didn’t have funds to go hard for 2023.

And why is it any better in 2024??

Pretty sure there would be some substantial upgrades to players included in our increased salary cap including Haumole, Koula and Garrick.

Correct me if I'm wrong but 2024 have a lot of players of contract compared to 2021, 2022, and 2023.

Pretty sure there would be some substantial upgrades to players included in our increased salary cap including Haumole, Koula and Garrick.

Correct me if I'm wrong but 2024 have a lot of players of contract compared to 2021, 2022, and 2023.
Probably Saab , Schuster , Paseka and Lawton as well . Then maybe Froggy in recent times also . Would have paid some reasonable coin for Tuilagi as well , Not sure of the cap situation with Latu Fainu , Previously signed for 4 years or so for around 1 . 2 mil and now in the squad or even last season , would have to think some cap associated relevance .

Probably Saab , Schuster , Paseka and Lawton as well . Then maybe Froggy in recent times also . Would have paid some reasonable coin for Tuilagi as well , Not sure of the cap situation with Latu Fainu , Previously signed for 4 years or so for around 1 . 2 mil and now in the squad or even last season , would have to think some cap associated relevance .
Plus a whole lot of good promising juniors on the way up, maybe just keeping some cap money in reserve to tie them up for Manly in the coming years ahead.

Can Weekes play a Victor Radley type role for us at lock? Their comparitive heights and weights are almost identical.

It's obvious that Schuster will be our starting five-eight, even though his body shape and skill set is more suited to being our lock.

Weekes could also get into dummy half from that middle spot, and create some havoc with his incisive runs. (Turbo, Garrick and Koula being the obvious beneficiaries)

This option could give us more middles on the bench. Obviously, Lawton is our utility, but Condon, Bullemore and Paseka, would give us a pretty good rotation through the middle.

1. Trbojevic
2. Saab
3. Garrick
4. Koula
5. Tuipulotu
6. Schuster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Trbojevic
9. Croker
10. Aloiai
11. Ola'akautu
12. Tuilagi
13. Weekes
14. Lawton
15. Condon
16. Bullemore
17. Paseka

Can Weekes play a Victor Radley type role for us at lock? Their comparitive heights and weights are almost identical.

It's obvious that Schuster will be our starting five-eight, even though his body shape and skill set is more suited to being our lock.

Weekes could also get into dummy half from that middle spot, and create some havoc with his incisive runs. (Turbo, Garrick and Koula being the obvious beneficiaries)

This option could give us more middles on the bench. Obviously, Lawton is our utility, but Condon, Bullemore and Paseka, would give us a pretty good rotation through the middle.

1. Trbojevic
2. Saab
3. Garrick
4. Koula
5. Tuipulotu
6. Schuster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Trbojevic
9. Croker
10. Aloiai
11. Ola'akautu
12. Tuilagi
13. Weekes
14. Lawton
15. Condon
16. Bullemore
17. Paseka
Not sure he would handle the defensive workload however he is pretty solid in the legs so has a good power base.

1. Trbojevic
2. Saab
3. Garrick
4. Koula
5. Tuipulotu
6. Schuster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Trbojevic
9. Croker
10. Aloiai
11. Ola'akautu
12. Tuilagi
13. Weekes
14. Lawton
15. Condon
16. Bullemore
17. Paseka
Attack wise probably not a problem, but is he up to the defence at 13 ? I don’t know
But I’m excited for our new Brains trust who I’m sure will think a little outside of the box and try and get our best 17 players on the paddock in whatever position

1. Trbojevic
2. Saab
3. Garrick
4. Koula
5. Tuipulotu
6. Schuster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Trbojevic
9. Croker
10. Aloiai
11. Ola'akautu
12. Tuilagi
13. Weekes
14. Lawton
15. Condon
16. Bullemore
17. Paseka
I also like the idea of 3 big men on the bench

Doubt that Manly would get the best out of Weekes having him anywhere in the middle . Just like the sides that Hynes has played for [ and being not that dissimilar in playing styles ] and highly unlikely that they would consider playing him in a middle role also . Still not clear yet how Kaeo 's defence stacks up in the general sense though would be very hopeful that it would be up to par by now . Again , different role being in the middle and being suited there in attack or defence . 6 , one or quite possible in tthe centres , looks like Weeks 's best prospects of reaching his potential very ideally in Manly colors

I think the many that are expecting Jake to start prop may be dissapointed.

I image he'll start lock then transition to prop at the first interchange

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4