2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What’s the Buzz: Shane Flanagan’s plan to help Anthony Seibold fix fractured Manly team​

Cronulla Sharks premiership-winning coach Shane Flanagan has spoken publicly for the first time since taking on a job as new Manly coach Anthony Seibold’s assistant.

November 12, 2022 - 8:00PM

Shane Flanagan says one of his NRL coaching strengths is being able to unite a playing group.
Just what the Manly Sea Eagles desperately need right now. The 2016 Cronulla Sharks premiership-winning coach is speaking for the first time since his appointment as understudy to Anthony Seibold.
Manly’s tumultuous 2022 season with the pride-jersey fiasco fractured the club. “One of my strengths is getting a group to come together,” Flanagan said. “We’ve got to come together as a club with one focus which is to win footy games.“Enjoy training, enjoy being around each other. That will bring wins. Footy is not that complicated but you’ve got to be happy.

”On Monday morning, Flanagan will arrive at Manly’s Narrabeen headquarters for his first shift.Seibold – still in the UK with the England rugby union team – will open the session via Zoom.Then Flanagan takes over with Jim Dymock until Seibold arrives home in early December. He said he would be implementing Seibold’s plan but adding his own touches.“Seibs told me when he first rang that he wanted a first-grade coach working alongside him,” Flanagan said. “He said he wanted me to think like a first-grade coach, be like a first-grade coach and the club will be a better place for it.“That was encouraging. He was really positive and he obviously thinks I can help him and the players.“I’ll start on Monday and get things running the way he wants it. I’ll put my style on it as well.”Flanagan said there were huge similarities to the Sharks. “A community-based footy team, passionate and proud supporters and the local suburban ground,” Flanagan said.“It’s why I’ve always admired Manly from a distance.“It’s super exciting. The two Trbojevic boys, Daly Cherry-Evans, Haumole Olakau’atu and a heap of other good players. There’s a lot of strike and strength across the whole team.“I don’t think Seibs wants to look back at what’s previously happened. We’re going to start fresh and do it our way.“We’ve both got a good picture of what we want it to look like. We’ll get cracking on Monday.”Flanagan signed a three-year deal with Manly but has a get-out clause to take on an NRL head-coaching job at the end of each season. He will also retain his roles in the media.“Manly were really good about it,” he said.

“I’ll still work for Fox Sports and 2GB when it doesn’t clash with Manly. It’s something I really enjoy and want to keep doing.” This is Flanagan’s first major opportunity since returning from a suspension. “I’ve made some mistakes but you’ve got to move on and learn,” he said.“I know I can coach. Every year at the Sharks, bar one, we made the semis and then won the comp. I think I helped turn them into a hard-nosed footy club.“They’re tough and they’re ruthless.“That’s the aim at Manly and there’s nothing stopping them.”His own future as a head coach can wait. “The more success we have at Manly will open doors,” Flanagan said. “That’s the goal – to be a head coach – but to help Manly before anything else.”
Thanks for posting @Wombat64

I am looking forward for the big talk converting to Big match wins

As Big Kev would say “I’m excited”
The real Excitement comes when we start to win games feathered friend

Everything else is an anticlimax

Winning is everything at Manly
240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

Think that Tippy toes would be more favored then Vaega despite his late season form drop off but maybe Vaega still has a bit of upside to show Shame if Smalley is not or will not be in the main squad or development grouping , good attitude and strong runner as well , maybe he will stay in the Blacktown system . Sill not sure of the likelihood of Garrick playing in the centres and with Saab apparently not available for the early part of the season If Garrick does cut it at centre , some interesting choices for the wing spots . Roache may have real ability and hope he can show it if the case but would he have Croker "s such very effective defensive input . Then also Lawton not available for a while , so some critical options for the 9 or a bench spot also to take quite seriously . .

A set of fresh eyes on our attack will be very interesting.
We have some talent, if it's unleashed and if we have a good defence attitude we will go ok
Yes, we do have talent, 3 marquee players the big O and Ailoi. All's we need is for Siebold and co to unlock the undoubted ability we have have in this playing group.

@Ryan is still hoping for a big name signing.

I’ve given up , I think what we have is what we are going to have , give or take a few train / trial players who might get elevated.

I think with all the circumstances surrounding the club leading into “ signing season “ we were never really in the hunt for a top Prop / Hooker / Centre.

I must admit I thought with the departure of Marty on $850k that this might have been the catalyst for at least one of the above but clearly others have taken this as further payments so boy oh boy they’d better perform if that is the case!!

I don't think we can expect any surprise signings from here on in?

Top 30 Squad - 2023
1. Josh Aloiai – PR, LK
2. Morgan Boyle – PR
3. Ethan Bullemor – SR, LK, PR
4. Daly Cherry-Evans (c) – HB
5. Ben Condon – SR, PR
6. Lachlan Croker – HK
7. Latu Fainu – FE, HB
8. Samuela Fainu – PR, SR
9. Viliami Fifita – SR, PR
10. Zac Fulton – SR, LK
11. Reuben Garrick – WG, FB
12. Morgan Harper – CE
13. Sean Keppie – PR, LK
14. Tolu Koula – CE, FB
15. Karl Lawton – SR, HK
16. Haumole Olakau'atu – SR
17. Brad Parker – CE
18. Taniela Paseka – PR
19. Jason Saab – WG
20. Josh Schuster – FE, SR
21. Toafofoa Sipley – PR, LK
22. Ben Trbojevic – CE, SR
23. Jake Trbojevic (vc) – LK, PR
24. Tom Trbojevic – FB
25. Kelma Tuilagi – SR
26. Christian Tuipulotu – WG
27. Alec Tu'itavake – PR, SR, LK
28. Ray Vaega – WG
29. Kaeo Weekes – FB, FE
30. *???

Train and trial squad:

Saneli Augustino – WG
Cameron Brown – WG
Troy Dargan – FE, HB
Austin Dias – PR
Jackson Ferris – CE, WG
Cooper Johns – FE, HB
Dean Matterson – SR, LK
*Nathaniel Roache – HK
Josh Stuckey – PR, LK, SR
Charlie Thompson – FB, CE
Jake Toby – FB, HB, FE
James Uesele – PR

Flegler seems like he is staying by sounds of it.
Yeah, saw that on 9 news Bris, said he'd like to remain a Bronco, but in the end it's what sort of money you get is the overriding thing for many players. If Haas stays a Bronco no doubt the Broncs will have to up the ante on Haas's contract money, this could work in our favour and may have to let Flegler or others go....who knows, that's 24, we'll see what develops?.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6