2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Vaega las Vegas on the wing in place of Tuipulotu
I thought you like speed Bozo....Taufua who was rated slow, makes Veaga look like a turtle...Tuipulotu deserves more time imo as showed some glimpses of a solid winger in his first real go at NRL level. This is basically the side till a reinforcement arrives, but I feel Roach will be in the 17 and be our suprise packet of 2023

I thought you like speed Bozo....Taufua who was rated slow, makes Veaga look like a turtle...Tuipulotu deserves more time imo as showed some glimpses of a solid winger in his first real go at NRL level. This is basically the side till a reinforcement arrives, but I feel Roach will be in the 17 and be our suprise packet of 2023
I hope so re Roache - we need more depth around dummy half

vaega looks slow as **** but hes pretty athletic when it comes to put downs and busting tackles. I weirdly liked smalley as a ball runner more

See Sipley not named. Does anybody know what happened to him? Surely we haven't got rid of Sipley and signed Boyle!!!

Posted on an NRL Instagram page, but looking at us (injury free), this isn’t a bad looking line up (note Saab won’t be available to start the season). I’d like Weekes on the bench as well.

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jason Saab
3. Tolutau Koula
4. Reuben Garrick
5. Christian Tuipulotu
6. Josh Schuster
7. Daly Cherry - Evans
8. Josh Aloiai
9. Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau’atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Ethan Bullemor
16. Sean Keppie
17. Toafofoa Sipley
Agree not a bad side at all , and if that was to stick a definite top 8 chance

BUT

How do you rate our chances of running out with that side in 24 games ????

Posted on an NRL Instagram page, but looking at us (injury free), this isn’t a bad looking line up (note Saab won’t be available to start the season). I’d like Weekes on the bench as well.

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jason Saab
3. Tolutau Koula
4. Reuben Garrick
5. Christian Tuipulotu
6. Josh Schuster
7. Daly Cherry - Evans
8. Josh Aloiai
9. Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau’atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Ethan Bullemor
16. Sean Keppie
17. Toafofoa Sipley
Also, Lawton mid season also.

Vaega las Vegas on the wing in place of Tuipulotu
Tui for mine Bozo, he faded in the last third of the season, then again he wasn't alone there. Showed what he can do tho, good hit up value coming out of our 20m zone and hard to stop attacking the line, finishing with some fine wingers try's.

We are already stymied by two injuries , bet it’s 3 or 4 after pre season trials , and probably 5 or 6 after the first 4 rounds.

So many injuries seem to occur early in the season.

It’s truly been our major Achilles Heel for many years.
I can only remember us being at full strength for 2 games for the whole of last season, surely are luck has to change sometime.

See Sipley not named. Does anybody know what happened to him? Surely we haven't got rid of Sipley and signed Boyle!!!
Yeah, this happens a lot, where they leave players names out entirely only to be mentioned the next day. Sipley ain't going anywhere.

I can only remember us being at full strength for 2 games for the whole of last season, surely are luck has to change sometime.
I really wonder at this , compared to some other sides.

I’m not sure luck plays 100% to be honest.

I reckon preparation / rehab must play a role too and we have been very very poor at that for a while.

Tui for mine Bozo, he faded in the last third of the season, then again he wasn't alone there. Showed what he can do tho, good hit up value coming out of our 20m zone and hard to stop attacking the line, finishing with some fine wingers try's.

I'd go for Weekes. He's fast, evasive and given his full back experience knows how to position himself at the back and return the ball. Cant speak to his defensive capabilities, but in other areas he looks the goods.

I'd go for Weekes. He's fast, evasive and given his full back experience knows how to position himself at the back and return the ball. Cant speak to his defensive capabilities, but in other areas he looks the goods.
Yeah, agree about Weeks versatility in the backs. For his first year playing firsts, I'd have him on the bench tho which will provide us with cover should we get the inevitable injuries in the backline.

Vaega las Vegas is a more powerful and agile athlete than Tui .
Lets see which player plays better in the trial games
Unlike Des I hope Seibold uses trail game form to pick players

Vaega las Vegas is a more powerful and agile athlete than Tui .
Lets see which player plays better in the trial games
Unlike Des I hope Seibold uses trail game form to pick players
I like Vagas, he's more your old style solid heavy build winger with a bit of grunt. But think Tui gives us more footy wise.

What’s the Buzz: Shane Flanagan’s plan to help Anthony Seibold fix fractured Manly team​

Cronulla Sharks premiership-winning coach Shane Flanagan has spoken publicly for the first time since taking on a job as new Manly coach Anthony Seibold’s assistant.

November 12, 2022 - 8:00PM

Shane Flanagan says one of his NRL coaching strengths is being able to unite a playing group.
Just what the Manly Sea Eagles desperately need right now. The 2016 Cronulla Sharks premiership-winning coach is speaking for the first time since his appointment as understudy to Anthony Seibold.
Manly’s tumultuous 2022 season with the pride-jersey fiasco fractured the club. “One of my strengths is getting a group to come together,” Flanagan said. “We’ve got to come together as a club with one focus which is to win footy games.“Enjoy training, enjoy being around each other. That will bring wins. Footy is not that complicated but you’ve got to be happy.

”On Monday morning, Flanagan will arrive at Manly’s Narrabeen headquarters for his first shift.Seibold – still in the UK with the England rugby union team – will open the session via Zoom.Then Flanagan takes over with Jim Dymock until Seibold arrives home in early December. He said he would be implementing Seibold’s plan but adding his own touches.“Seibs told me when he first rang that he wanted a first-grade coach working alongside him,” Flanagan said. “He said he wanted me to think like a first-grade coach, be like a first-grade coach and the club will be a better place for it.“That was encouraging. He was really positive and he obviously thinks I can help him and the players.“I’ll start on Monday and get things running the way he wants it. I’ll put my style on it as well.”Flanagan said there were huge similarities to the Sharks. “A community-based footy team, passionate and proud supporters and the local suburban ground,” Flanagan said.“It’s why I’ve always admired Manly from a distance.“It’s super exciting. The two Trbojevic boys, Daly Cherry-Evans, Haumole Olakau’atu and a heap of other good players. There’s a lot of strike and strength across the whole team.“I don’t think Seibs wants to look back at what’s previously happened. We’re going to start fresh and do it our way.“We’ve both got a good picture of what we want it to look like. We’ll get cracking on Monday.”Flanagan signed a three-year deal with Manly but has a get-out clause to take on an NRL head-coaching job at the end of each season. He will also retain his roles in the media.“Manly were really good about it,” he said.

“I’ll still work for Fox Sports and 2GB when it doesn’t clash with Manly. It’s something I really enjoy and want to keep doing.” This is Flanagan’s first major opportunity since returning from a suspension. “I’ve made some mistakes but you’ve got to move on and learn,” he said.“I know I can coach. Every year at the Sharks, bar one, we made the semis and then won the comp. I think I helped turn them into a hard-nosed footy club.“They’re tough and they’re ruthless.“That’s the aim at Manly and there’s nothing stopping them.”His own future as a head coach can wait. “The more success we have at Manly will open doors,” Flanagan said. “That’s the goal – to be a head coach – but to help Manly before anything else.”

Last edited:

What’s the Buzz: Shane Flanagan’s plan to help Anthony Seibold fix fractured Manly team​

Cronulla Sharks premiership-winning coach Shane Flanagan has spoken publicly for the first time since taking on a job as new Manly coach Anthony Seibold’s assistant.

November 12, 2022 - 8:00PM

Shane Flanagan says one of his NRL coaching strengths is being able to unite a playing group.
Just what the Manly Sea Eagles desperately need right now. The 2016 Cronulla Sharks premiership-winning coach is speaking for the first time since his appointment as understudy to Anthony Seibold.
Manly’s tumultuous 2022 season with the pride-jersey fiasco fractured the club. “One of my strengths is getting a group to come together,” Flanagan said. “We’ve got to come together as a club with one focus which is to win footy games.“Enjoy training, enjoy being around each other. That will bring wins. Footy is not that complicated but you’ve got to be happy.

”On Monday morning, Flanagan will arrive at Manly’s Narrabeen headquarters for his first shift.Seibold – still in the UK with the England rugby union team – will open the session via Zoom.Then Flanagan takes over with Jim Dymock until Seibold arrives home in early December. He said he would be implementing Seibold’s plan but adding his own touches.“Seibs told me when he first rang that he wanted a first-grade coach working alongside him,” Flanagan said. “He said he wanted me to think like a first-grade coach, be like a first-grade coach and the club will be a better place for it.“That was encouraging. He was really positive and he obviously thinks I can help him and the players.“I’ll start on Monday and get things running the way he wants it. I’ll put my style on it as well.”Flanagan said there were huge similarities to the Sharks. “A community-based footy team, passionate and proud supporters and the local suburban ground,” Flanagan said.“It’s why I’ve always admired Manly from a distance.“It’s super exciting. The two Trbojevic boys, Daly Cherry-Evans, Haumole Olakau’atu and a heap of other good players. There’s a lot of strike and strength across the whole team.“I don’t think Seibs wants to look back at what’s previously happened. We’re going to start fresh and do it our way.“We’ve both got a good picture of what we want it to look like. We’ll get cracking on Monday.”Flanagan signed a three-year deal with Manly but has a get-out clause to take on an NRL head-coaching job at the end of each season. He will also retain his roles in the media.“Manly were really good about it,” he said.

“I’ll still work for Fox Sports and 2GB when it doesn’t clash with Manly. It’s something I really enjoy and want to keep doing.” This is Flanagan’s first major opportunity since returning from a suspension. “I’ve made some mistakes but you’ve got to move on and learn,” he said.“I know I can coach. Every year at the Sharks, bar one, we made the semis and then won the comp. I think I helped turn them into a hard-nosed footy club.“They’re tough and they’re ruthless.“That’s the aim at Manly and there’s nothing stopping them.”His own future as a head coach can wait. “The more success we have at Manly will open doors,” Flanagan said. “That’s the goal – to be a head coach – but to help Manly before anything else.”
What a great approach to the job , I really like that

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7