2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Doubt that Manly would get the best out of Weekes having him anywhere in the middle . Just like the sides that Hynes has played for [ and being not that dissimilar in playing styles ] and highly unlikely that they would consider playing him in a middle role also . Still not clear yet how Kaeo 's defence stacks up in the general sense though would be very hopeful that it would be up to par by now . Again , different role being in the middle and being suited there in attack or defence . 6 , one or quite possible in tthe centres , looks like Weeks 's best prospects of reaching his potential very ideally in Manly colors
I agree with you @manly al Weekes would be best at six. However, that is unlikely to happen this season as Schuster will be given time at that position. I am just trying to find a way to get Weekes as part of the starting thirteen. Two utilities on the bench (Lawton and Weekes) would also not be the best use of either player, and we would lose too much size off the bench. I have suggested before that Lawton could also be looked at seriously as our starting lock. Perhaps, that's a better option?

I agree with you @manly al Weekes would be best at six. However, that is unlikely to happen this season as Schuster will be given time at that position. I am just trying to find a way to get Weekes as part of the starting thirteen. Two utilities on the bench (Lawton and Weekes) would also not be the best use of either player, and we would lose too much size off the bench. I have suggested before that Lawton could also be looked at seriously as our starting lock. Perhaps, that's a better option?
Lawton strikes me as the type of player who is most suited to a 9 or 2 nd row role . Though apparently someone has mentioned that he has had some experience in the halves so would assume would also have some ball playing skills as well and being just a good natural footy player , no doubt could play as a 13 . Again doubt however if he would be that effective there at N R L level for long periods . Agree that very unlikely two utility type players on the bench , Will be a while before Lawton is available so could be a few bench options and not to discount Roache but then he is still on a train and trial deal i think so who knows . Weekes will be pressing for a spot somewhere in the top line up which can only be a good thing , just like extending his contract relatively soon , all things well

I agree with you @manly al Weekes would be best at six.
Yeah Nah feathered friend

The most Skillful and Sexiest Sea eagles Six is Schuster

1669875180241.png

Sorry folks but I didn't know what thread to put this on but given it talks about salaries, I thought this was as good as any. So just out of interest I thought I would post this. I was watching a college footy game this arvo and wondered what the average salaries were relative to the NRL given that we often talk about how much so and so is worth. Some of the salaries are eye watering (and I appreciate the whole economy of scale thing) - but anyway ......

What Sport Has the Highest Average Salary?

Sorry folks but I didn't know what thread to put this on but given it talks about salaries, I thought this was as good as any. So just out of interest I thought I would post this. I was watching a college footy game this arvo and wondered what the average salaries were relative to the NRL given that we often talk about how much so and so is worth. Some of the salaries are eye watering (and I appreciate the whole economy of scale thing) - but anyway ......

What Sport Has the Highest Average Salary?
Max Scherzer 43 million per year with the NY Mets.aav.

Or over 1 USD million per days work.

Probably Saab , Schuster , Paseka and Lawton as well . Then maybe Froggy in recent times also . Would have paid some reasonable coin for Tuilagi as well , Not sure of the cap situation with Latu Fainu , Previously signed for 4 years or so for around 1 . 2 mil and now in the squad or even last season , would have to think some cap associated relevance .
Meanwhile at the Doggies….

Make It Rain Money GIF by iHeartRadio San Francisco

Meanwhile at the Doggies….

Make It Rain Money GIF by iHeartRadio San Francisco
Good on them .
Power to the Dogs !
Power to all the ones with the Money

Sing with me @wombatgc
Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the rich man's world
Aha
All the things I could do
If I had a little money
It's a rich man's world
It's a rich man's world

Yes he has the nose, not sure about the eyes. We need a forward who has a steely glint in his eye.
A Watmough type! I don't recall Watmough actually getting into many on-field brawls but he always looked like he would be delighted if one broke out.
No doubt that attitude has some intimidation value, bit like Fisher-Harris among current players.
1670361848212.png

Yes he has the nose, not sure about the eyes. We need a forward who has a steely glint in his eye.
A Watmough type! I don't recall Watmough actually getting into many on-field brawls but he always looked like he would be delighted if one broke out.
No doubt that attitude has some intimidation value, bit like Fisher-Harris among current players.
View attachment 22905
Na, that's not intimidating at all!

View attachment 22905
Thanks for the memories @SeaEagleRock8

We shall neve forget our precious premiership winning forwards feathered friend

Anthony Watmough was relentless in the way he always put his body on the line and the opposition on notice

Anthony was a Manly Terrorist . He was the intimidating terror that contributed to two grand finals

He was a Terror that dominated defensively and offensively .

His Eagle wings proudly tattooed on his chest epitomized his passion for his club

Which Manly forward will step up and raise the bar and rise to Watmoughs premiership winning class in 2023 ?

1670369926478.png

Last edited:
Can Weekes play a Victor Radley type role for us at lock? Their comparitive heights and weights are almost identical.

It's obvious that Schuster will be our starting five-eight, even though his body shape and skill set is more suited to being our lock.

Weekes could also get into dummy half from that middle spot, and create some havoc with his incisive runs. (Turbo, Garrick and Koula being the obvious beneficiaries)

This option could give us more middles on the bench. Obviously, Lawton is our utility, but Condon, Bullemore and Paseka, would give us a pretty good rotation through the middle.

1. Trbojevic
2. Saab
3. Garrick
4. Koula
5. Tuipulotu
6. Schuster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Trbojevic
9. Croker
10. Aloiai
11. Ola'akautu
12. Tuilagi
13. Weekes
14. Lawton
15. Condon
16. Bullemore
17. Paseka

Crap news on Turbo, but really hoping that Seibold gives Weekes a good run at the fullback spot in the preseason. Also, assuming that Lawton won't be fit by round one so would love to see GCKT and Humphreys given a shot at utility as well.
1. Weekes
2. Saab
3. Garrick
4. Koula
5. Tuipulotu
6. Schuster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Aloiai
11. Ola'akautu
12. Tuilagi