2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seemed to be going really well a couple of seasons ago , looks like a bit of the pace lately but still good attributes for an edge . Klemmer would [ and has been regularly suggested ] be the pick but not with Manly "s current cap situation . If Jake does not play regularly as a prop , just not sure if Manly can offer the most competitive grouping there and if no Klemmer type prop comes onto the scene
Remember they don’t even know what the cap is for 2023, it’s supposed to being increasing by quite a bit.

Remember they don’t even know what the cap is for 2023, it’s supposed to being increasing by quite a bit.
Problem is , the other clubs will have the same increased allowance but would not be surprised if Garrick has already received an upgrade from some anticipated increase . But like you and many others , really wish that there can still be some hard nut prop to recruit to give a real lift in the engine room ,

Klemmer would be a handy pick up but he would not be cheap and Manly seem intent on going after Thomas Flegler who would be the better buy and we could not afford both.
Right there but more concerned with next season , Flegler is being targeted for 2024 and beyond i think . And not to say that it will be a straight forward matter to sign him

Don't mind picking up some golden oldies in the forwards as long as their price tags are realistic. Think Klemmer was on 900k a season, probably only worth half that now.
600 - 650 k ? and yet apparently prepared to offer something like 675 k to Flegler . Marty was nominally on 650 K and not worth that for a good part of that contract duration but Klemmer would still probably give value for that . some more cap money no doubt on offer soon or officially but how to get the best outcome is going to be the challenge for many clubs including Manly

600 - 650 k ? and yet apparently prepared to offer something like 675 k to Flegler . Marty was nominally on 650 K and not worth that for a good part of that contract duration but Klemmer would still probably give value for that . some more cap money no doubt on offer soon or officially but how to get the best outcome is going to be the challenge for many clubs including Manly
The young bull is better than the older bull Al, we can mould Flegler into the type of forward that we need.

With Fulton signed up I'd say our top 30 is pretty close to finalised

Backs: Turbo, Saab, Garrick, Koula, Tuipulotu (Harper, Parker, Burbo, Vaega)
Halves: Schuster, DCE (Weekes, Johns, Humphreys)
Hooker: Croker, Lawton (GCKT)
Forwards: Aloiai, Paseka, Olakau'atu, Tuilagi, Jurbo, Keppie, Sipley, Bullemor (Condon, Fulton, Tuitavake, Dias, Fifita)

A few there might be on train and trial deals or in the development squad but despite what some may think I like what we've done since the season ended. Could do with another key forward but it seems that's on our rader with the Flegler rumours. I think we're in for a good season as long as the overall fitness improves and the injuries stay away.

I am going to go with:
Turbo, Saab, Koula, Parker, Garrick, Schuster, DCE, Tuilagi (Lock), Condon, Olakatau, Jake, Croker, Aloaia. RES: Weekes/Roache (must play some hooker), Paseka, Keppie, Bullemor.

I sincerely hope one of GKT, Fifita, Tuitavake or Fulton has a break out year.

Problem is , the other clubs will have the same increased allowance but would not be surprised if Garrick has already received an upgrade from some anticipated increase . But like you and many others , really wish that there can still be some hard nut prop to recruit to give a real lift in the engine room ,
Yep , it’s our biggest need , and hooker next ( although maybe Des limited Froggy to what he could do ).

Sign Klemmer as Knights are trying to offload him, back-end his contract if you have too.

1 Turbo 2 Saab 3 Garrick 4 Koula 5 Tuipulotu 6 Schuster 7 DCE
8 Aloiai 9 Croker 10 Klemmer 11 Olakau'atu 12 Tuilagi 13 Trbojevic
14 Lawton 15 Sipley 16 Keppie 17 Paseka

Yep , it’s our biggest need , and hooker next ( although maybe Des limited Froggy to what he could do ).
Think we need to forget about a new hooker Mark, all the good ones, well, they've all been taken, or, are on long term deals. We at least need someone as a reliable do the job back up, since Lawton wont be back till mid season.

Sign Klemmer as Knights are trying to offload him, back-end his contract if you have too.

1 Turbo 2 Saab 3 Garrick 4 Koula 5 Tuipulotu 6 Schuster 7 DCE
8 Aloiai 9 Croker 10 Klemmer 11 Olakau'atu 12 Tuilagi 13 Trbojevic
14 Lawton 15 Sipley 16 Keppie 17 Paseka
We would regret back ending a Klemmer contract. Just like we did paying 800k for a washed up Marty.

If Klemmer was the missing piece to premiership glory then maybe worth considering. But to mortgage the future for him, not the right call.

If the Knights want to offload him and pay some freight then fine. But realistically Klemmer has one or two decent years left only.

Klemmer at the right price on a 1-2 deal could offer value but I think signing players on the decline on good coin based on their reputation is never the best move.

I think Flegler in 24 on a 3-4 year deal is a better option than Klemmer on a 3 year deal now.

That said we pick up half of Klemmers deal for 23 than I'd be happy enough

Our top 30 is very thin if Tom is fit for whole season and plays out of his skin we will be fine but if not we have so many holes or question marks over the team.

Is Schuster capable of being a 5/8 full time in an nrl team? will Paseka finally become the player we hope or just be continue on as a wasted talent.

Can DCE put us on his back for a full season or continue to be mr inconsistent.

Tom holds the cards to so many futures if he was fit all season this season Des would still be coach if Tom stays fit Seibold looks like a great choice as coach and Flanno gets a head coach job at another club for 24.

If Tom falls over I fear for Seibold and Flanno unless some others start to stand up.

Until Zac Fulton was re-signed I didn't mind the idea of Nathan Brown in the hope he could do a 'BK' role. Now Fulton has been extended I don't see the need for Brown since we have a younger version of his style already.

Klemmer, best case scenario would be a good influence for Paseka. A couple of 'angry towers' sounds like what we need. Plus, barring suspension or injury, Klem would be available for pride round. He might even push Alioi for 'leader of the pack' rights.

As @Mark from Brisbane mentioned, we might find out if Des was instructing Froggy to keep his role simple. Seibold might give him a longer leash. We could also get lucky if Nathaniel Roache, GKT or Lawton can share some effective time at rake.

I was surprised to hear that Scott Sorensen is off contract in 2023. He's highly regarded at the Panthers from the club and fans. He might be worth pursuing depending on his asking price... $$

Anyone think Frizzell has much to offer these days? I know Zac Lomax doesn't...

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8