2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Realistically does anyone expect any surprises that we don’t know about ??

I am "half" expecting that we "may" pick up Nathan Brown after the World Cup is done and dusted. I don't think he is a done deal for the Tigers. Lock will be his best spot for us if we do pick him up.

1 Turbo
2 Saab/Tuipolotu
3 Koula
4 Garrick
5 Tuipolotu/Parker/Vaega
6 Schuster
7 DCE
8 Aloiai
9 Croker
10 Jake
11 Okalatua
12 Tuilagi
13 Brown

14 Weekes/Fulton/Chan Kum Tong/Humphries
15 Lawton/Condon/Burbo/Harper/Matterson
16 Paseka/Bullemore/Dias
17 Keppie/Sipley/Tuitavake

Last edited:
Bugger me , I saw this on Facebook, how the **** can you predict where sides will finish this far out.

Ridiculous!!

Attachments

• E2A27886-2AB6-47E2-B0BE-85A3F987FA30.png
    E2A27886-2AB6-47E2-B0BE-85A3F987FA30.png
    913.7 KB · Views: 103
We don't know the full composition of our top 30 yet, nor do we know how the new coaches will think.

Thus, two weeks before the start of next season, we should have a thread 'First 17 of 2023'. It will be interesting to see if we can predict accurately.

I am "half" expecting that we "may" pick up Nathan Brown after the World Cup is done and dusted. I don't think he is a done deal for the Tigers. Lock will be his best spot for us if we do pick him up.

1 Turbo
2 Saab/Tuipolotu
3 Koula
4 Garrick
5 Tuipolotu/Parker/Vaega
6 Schuster
7 DCE
8 Aloiai
9 Croker
10 Jake
11 Okalatua
12 Tuilagi
13 Brown

14 Weekes/Fulton/Chan Kum Tong/Humphries
15 Lawton/Condon/Burbo/Harper/Matterson
16 Paseka/Bullemore/Dias
17 Keppie/Sipley/Tuitavake
He’d be a great pick up I’d say , tough , agressive, a few penalties of course.

Would also allow Jake to go to the Prop rotation.

A great move if it can happen.

Nathan Brown... Please no.

He's the ultimate flat track bully. He's a hero and goes hard when his own team is well on top. When teams even look at him with a mean glare he melts away. I guess he would have fit right in for the last couple of years with our record, but if we want to move forward, be aggressive, mean, and ruthless, it's a hard pass. Young Fulton does a better job. One game and he got under JWH's skin. Can anyone remember Brown going after JWH or Asofa-Solomona?

At least Klemmer would bring some fire even if only for a short stint.

Nathan Brown... Please no.

He's the ultimate flat track bully. He's a hero and goes hard when his own team is well on top. When teams even look at him with a mean glare he melts away. I guess he would have fit right in for the last couple of years with our record, but if we want to move forward, be aggressive, mean, and ruthless, it's a hard pass. Young Fulton does a better job. One game and he got under JWH's skin. Can anyone remember Brown going after JWH or Asofa-Solomona?

At least Klemmer would bring some fire even if only for a short stint.
I call him " Shooter Brown " as he frequently runs out of the line to make a hit, which he generally misses!
A big NO from Me.

Sometimes a change of club can rekindle the enthusiasm in a player, I think Brown still has what it takes, hopefully Siebold and Flanagan can reinvigorate him if he comes over
Really good aggression and hard man type forward until a couple of seasons ago . Just seemed to have taken too much out of him and worn down a bit , could be wrong but just my impression .

Sometimes a change of club can rekindle the enthusiasm in a player, I think Brown still has what it takes, hopefully Siebold and Flanagan can reinvigorate him if he comes over
Particularly if his role changes to one of providing leadership and experience to a group of young backrowers. Changing his role could be by limiting his minutes, and by giving him more of an opportunity to ball play as lock, but still with an expectation to lead the other backrowers in both defence and attack. Simple things like encouraging Ola'katua to actually run onto the bloody ball off him with some intensity, instead of the standard DCE flat pass-offs with no momentum, that we have grown to know and love.......

I didnt want him 2 years ago, id take him now in a heartbeat due how poor our roster is. Hotly tipped he has signed with Tigers, watch this space.

Cant see us anywhere near the top 8 if Tom doesnt play 20 matches. Even then our pack and halves are just so poor.

Id even take Fitzgibbon to the knights hit list.
Seemed to be going really well a couple of seasons ago , looks like a bit of the pace lately but still good attributes for an edge . Klemmer would [ and has been regularly suggested ] be the pick but not with Manly "s current cap situation . If Jake does not play regularly as a prop , just not sure if Manly can offer the most competitive grouping there and if no Klemmer type prop comes onto the scene

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8