2023 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Encouraging the new member I guess. It gets a bit old only reading threads from the usual suspects @Terry Zarsoff Silvertails is in desperate need of getting some new members. Preferably ones that are encouraged to interact and hang around. I have no idea what the churn rate is here, but I am guessing its pretty high.

Encouraging the new member I guess. It gets a bit old only reading threads from the usual suspects @Terry Zarsoff Silvertails is in desperate need of getting some new members. Preferably ones that are encouraged to interact and hang around. I have no idea what the churn rate is here, but I am guessing its pretty high.
Totally agree, mate. Not everyone is across all threads on the site and engaging with a thread created by a new poster is a small way of showing how ‘inclusive’ we are (I couldn’t resist).

As for the YARTs, we are looking very light on in the forwards. We need both Paseka and Keppie to come of age and finally deliver on the promise.

We would regret back ending a Klemmer contract. Just like we did paying 800k for a washed up Marty.

If Klemmer was the missing piece to premiership glory then maybe worth considering. But to mortgage the future for him, not the right call.

If the Knights want to offload him and pay some freight then fine. But realistically Klemmer has one or two decent years left only.
Nate myles

Certainly a bit of thought and sound reasoning to try and get the best combination [ s ] for next season . Not sure if a prop rotation of Alioia , Paseka , Keppie and Sipley can get the job done sufficiently there . Jake into the mix would make a difference . Then the 6 and 13 which is still not really settled for the best fit although Schuster is giving every indication of trying to make a decent go of it there . Garrick to centre speculation , how to maybe accommodate Weekes . Can guys Tuitavake and Fifita , new recruit Tuilagi lift to a serious competitive level Bullemor to play to his expected potential , he could be the one to really improve if his mindset and application can get to that next level

Yet another one.. unlikely too.

1.Trbojevic
2.Saab
3.Garrick
4.Koula
5.Young
6.Weekes
7.Cherry Evans
8.Trbojevic
9.Croker
10.Flegler
11.Olakau'atu
12.Tuilagi
13.Schuster

14.Lawton
15.Aloiai
16.Parker
17.Paseka
Maybe unlikely, but its probably the best one so far, Young completes our back 5 and I like the idea of Weekes at 6 and shoe at 13, spark and speed in the halves and shoes ball playing to our 6 and 7 as a link out of 13 could be just what the doctor ordered, hopefully something very similar to what Yeo provides for Cleary.
We all know we need mongrel up front, Flegler brings that, think Aloiai is also a better option from the bench, interested to see what Tuilagi brings next year, pending, maybe a edge forward with some leg speed, higher work rate and a bit of extra aggression, Sorensen, Frizel perhaps!

Manly's worst ever mid range (500k) buy, probably had a handful of decent games the rest were bog average. Only bought to keep DCE sweet, being Qld'ers and all, left early to link up with his cap swindling mates at the Storm, what a blessing.
Even one of Nate 's grandmothers publicly criticized his Manly form and still did not prompt him to up his game . [ only a bit of jest there ] Not to include Nate apparently mocking Manly when he was on some overseas jaunt while still on the Manly pay roll . His form was very ordinary before he joined Manly , surely that should have been sufficient to deter signing him , Quite sure that D C E would have stayed with or without recruiting Nate once that big and overs [ way over ] Manly offer was available .

Maybe unlikely, but its probably the best one so far, Young completes our back 5 and I like the idea of Weekes at 6 and shoe at 13, spark and speed in the halves and shoes ball playing to our 6 and 7 as a link out of 13 could be just what the doctor ordered, hopefully something very similar to what Yeo provides for Cleary.
We all know we need mongrel up front, Flegler brings that, think Aloiai is also a better option from the bench, interested to see what Tuilagi brings next year, pending, maybe a edge forward with some leg speed, higher work rate and a bit of extra aggression, Sorensen, Frizel perhaps!
No reason why Josh [ Shu ] could not play a more roving type of attacking game if he was tried as a 13 . Bit more of a workload in defence but other players have adapted their game to manage this and still have the capacity to show their attacking wares . If Weekes can cut playing as a 6 in the Flegg , not that much of a step up to i st grade if he would be prepared to take on and dig into the line a bit and then that sharpness to beat an opponent and support play . Sure that he could adapt to a bit more rigorous defensive requirement as well . Certainly would be a real speed back line from Turbo to D C E if Weekes could again nail down a 6 role .

I'm looking forward to a shake up in the lineup and for me here are things I'm looking at for 2023.

Big Questions

1. Does Jake finally make the move to prop and if so, who drops out of the rotation?

If Jake does, I would have Jake/Aloiai/Paseka/Keppie/Bullemoor as my prop and 3 bench middle rotation. Sipley is the one to miss out. I don't think he was necessarily any worse that most of the others last year, but I think he offers the least amount of upside. Jake and Aloiai would start with the other 3 on the bench.

2. So, who then plays lock?

I'm actually quite intrigued by others suggestion of playing Lawton here. I appreciate he is currently injured, but he seems like he would be able to handle the defensive workload and offers ballplaying skills. It also means Weekes can be the utility on the bench which probably suits at this stage of his young career.

Lawton is going to miss a significant amount of time so does that mean Jake just stays put for now? I'm going to assume Schuster will play five eighth.

3. The Tuipulotu mystery.

How did this guy go from looking like an integral part of the backline midway through the year to wondering if he should still be in the team? We were crying out for a strong backline carry and he gave it to us. But by the end of the year, he looked slow, and error ridden.

Was it the rainbow round? First year fatigue? something else?

I'm prepared to stick with him for now, but 2023 is a big year for him.

4. Will Garrick actually play centre?

I would love to see him get a go here, but the form of Tuipulotu and the injury of Saab likely means we need him on the wing at least for the start of the season. I would like to work towards a Turbo, Tuipulotu, Garrick, Koula, Saab back 5. But with Saab injured, surely either Parker or Harper get the nod for game 1, with Garrick on the wing.

Interested to hear what others have on their list of questions to be answered.

No reason why Josh [ Shu ] could not play a more roving type of attacking game if he was tried as a 13 . Bit more of a workload in defence but other players have adapted their game to manage this and still have the capacity to show their attacking wares . If Weekes can cut playing as a 6 in the Flegg , not that much of a step up to i st grade if he would be prepared to take on and dig into the line a bit and then that sharpness to beat an opponent and support play . Sure that he could adapt to a bit more rigorous defensive requirement as well . Certainly would be a real speed back line from Turbo to D C E if Weekes could again nail down a 6 role .
Really think that Schuster should get first crack at 5/8, that's what he originally signed up for, how could we forget, with his manager demanding all sorts in front of Des. He's got a unique attacking style that puts the opposition into two minds. Weeks off the bench for mine, can cover any backline position, and will provide us cover for the inevitable injuries that will occur.

I'm looking forward to a shake up in the lineup and for me here are things I'm looking at for 2023.

Big Questions

1. Does Jake finally make the move to prop and if so, who drops out of the rotation?

If Jake does, I would have Jake/Aloiai/Paseka/Keppie/Bullemoor as my prop and 3 bench middle rotation. Sipley is the one to miss out. I don't think he was necessarily any worse that most of the others last year, but I think he offers the least amount of upside. Jake and Aloiai would start with the other 3 on the bench.

2. So, who then plays lock?

I'm actually quite intrigued by others suggestion of playing Lawton here. I appreciate he is currently injured, but he seems like he would be able to handle the defensive workload and offers ballplaying skills. It also means Weekes can be the utility on the bench which probably suits at this stage of his young career.

Lawton is going to miss a significant amount of time so does that mean Jake just stays put for now? I'm going to assume Schuster will play five eighth.

3. The Tuipulotu mystery.

How did this guy go from looking like an integral part of the backline midway through the year to wondering if he should still be in the team? We were crying out for a strong backline carry and he gave it to us. But by the end of the year, he looked slow, and error ridden.

Was it the rainbow round? First year fatigue? something else?

I'm prepared to stick with him for now, but 2023 is a big year for him.

4. Will Garrick actually play centre?

I would love to see him get a go here, but the form of Tuipulotu and the injury of Saab likely means we need him on the wing at least for the start of the season. I would like to work towards a Turbo, Tuipulotu, Garrick, Koula, Saab back 5. But with Saab injured, surely either Parker or Harper get the nod for game 1, with Garrick on the wing.

Interested to hear what others have on their list of questions to be answered.
Agree with most of your post Rocky, except Bullemore for Sipley. I like what Sipley has to offer, great leg speed and a good 15min impact player of the bench or starting prop. Bully has to earn his spot, and he hasn't done this to date, really hoping this could be his breakout year, in his final contract year.

If Weekes can cut playing as a 6 in the Flegg , not that much of a step up to i st grade
Sorry mate but have to disagree. The gap from Flegg to NRL is huge and the fact these guys aren't getting meaningful time in NSW Cup to adjust to playing men with NRL experience is hindering their development. We need to come up with a viable NSW Cup option and use it as a pathway from Flegg to NRL for players like Weekes. If after half a season or so they're killing it in NSW Cup then by all means bring them through.

The benchmark is the Panthers setup and not many of them skip the NSW Cup step.

Agree with most of your post Rocky, except Bullemore for Sipley. I like what Sipley has to offer, great leg speed and a good 15min impact player of the bench or starting prop. Bully has to earn his spot, and he hasn't done this to date, really hoping this could be his breakout year, in his final contract year.
Fair enough. Certainly, the pecking order is pretty unclear below Aloiai. All those guys have points to prove. I wouldn't push back on anyone that had a different preference in their ranking of our props.

Fair enough. Certainly, the pecking order is pretty unclear below Aloiai. All those guys have points to prove. I wouldn't push back on anyone that had a different preference in their ranking of our props.
The pool of forwards to pick from just got a whole lot bigger with the latest signings and some of those train and trial fwds could turn out to be great additions also.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8