2021 Membership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Look on the bright side it will be back to normal in 2022 - well hopefully anyway.

Can I just say the financial aspects and the need to keep the club financially viable was a strong driver in moving to this model for one year only - as I said previously corporate sales down, tix revenue down, merchandise sales down due COVID restrictions plus let’s face it a **** year on the field has the club under the pump massively.
Yep and I can see why they went down this model
2022 better have some major incentive/ discounts for the loyalty shown by members in 2021.

Yep and I can see why they went down this model
2022 better have some major incentive/ discounts for the loyalty shown by members in 2021.
Perhaps some type of ‘loyalty’ should have been in the form of discounted tickets to those that pledged their memberships this year. I know quite a few fans that struggled this year but pledged anyway- I wonder how tolerant they will be now under the new model. I guess time will tell.

LOCATIONADULTCONCESSIONJUNIORFAMILY
JANE TRY / KA$60 - $75$50 - $60$45 - $65$150 - $165
FULTON-MENZIES / WESTERN CONCOURSE$45 - $55$40 - $50$20 - $30$110 - $120
GENERAL ADMISSION$30 - $40$25 - $35$15$75 - $90

so if I personally pay for my normal seating area of FM stand for 10 games
45*10 =$450
450*2=$900
900+ 150 ( membership fees)
= $1050

compared to this year double adult membership same area
$450 this year

I get the club has limited seats but this will turn away a lot of people

Fixed it to something more reasonable for members pricing

LOCATIONADULTCONCESSIONJUNIORFAMILY
JANE TRY / KA$40$35$30$110
FULTON-MENZIES / WESTERN CONCOURSE$30$25$20$80
GENERAL ADMISSION$20$15$10$50

I completely understand paying a little more overall in 2021 but the absolute stretch of how much extra you should be paying compared to a 2020 full season membership should be no more than 50%, especially for people like me who pledged a membership worth $500 for myself and only got to attend 50% of home games

Hi all

I have got the clubs response to some of the questions raised here, there are some good points raised which they will work through and need to consider etc. These are noted as TBC.

As an aside members who didn’t pledge and have credits will be receiving information today on the options available.

• Will it be like when purchasing tickets we ask for a certain section say Jane try and then that section like this year will become general admission or will be like normal when purchasing we pay for a select seat.?

A/. You will be able to select a category of ticket such as Category 1, Category 2, General Admission. At this stage we believe we will still be operating under the NSW Health COVID-safe guidelines therefore we will not be able to allocated a row or a seat. We will more than likely be able to allocate people into a Bay (e.g. Jane Try Bay B - F).

• So am I right once you pay your $75 it will be first in best dressed for tickets?

A/ Yes that is correct.

• Also another question say we have for example 10 home games and I want to purchase tickets for all of them can they be bought all at once due to having to pay a transaction fee everytime we use Ticketmaster.

A/. The Club is working through this with Ticketmaster and will confirm the process over the coming weeks.

• The really important bit of information the club left out, how much will it be to purchase tickets to each game? That is very poor form in my opinion. And what happens if you pay your money and tickets sell out immediately and you don't get to go to a single game?

A/. Please refer to the FAQ page on the Sea Eagles website for a ‘guide’ on ticket prices. At this point the pricing has not been determined as we are still awaiting confirmation from the NRL in regards to the draw and scheduling of matches. We have decided to decouple the Membership offering by separating the tickets from the Membership. The $75 is the cost of becoming a Member, receiving a range of benefits which allows people to still support their Club and feel part of the family. The tickets are separate and will be offered on a first come, first served basis.

@The Wheel can you please see if there is anything about kids memberships also, next year i was going to purchase 2- 1 for a two year old & a born & bred for my new grandson.

A/. The nest Membership is available for $40 and is for toddlers 4yrs and under.

• So how much is interstate membership for those who can't get to any games. The fee is the same as it’s a supporter-based Membership. You just don’t pay for tickets if you can’t come to games. This year interstate Members.

A/. TBC

• As a MWSE member it’s going to be more expensive to watch Manly games at Brookie in 2021 but I can understand the reasoning for bringing in this kind of system during COVID. As long as ticket prices are kept at reasonable levels I will be happy to attend a few games next season.

(See Above)

• Can we get something else instead of a hat? T shirt? The good quality water bottle last year was good. No big deal but my family has about 50 member hats.

A/. Unfortunately, not, however the cap is a special 75th anniversary cap. So a keep sake!

• When it comes to finals time and Manly qualifies, ticketed members normally get preference over non-ticketed members and then the general public last for the sale periods. What would happen in 2021, would the 75 Membership guarantee first access to finals tickets? Once you purchase one ticket, will this activate you as a ticketed member?

A/. TBC – good point.

• As a family of 4 with teenagers, I always budget for away games etc... I am worried this system is going to price us out of going to home games. Surely with what is going on in our economy they could at least provide us with some clarity as to what they will be charging for tickets (even if it is a price range).

A/. TBC – reviewing this one.

I think the one off fee for a hat and access to tickets would be fair if the cost was closer to $30. Not $75 and then regular pricing to attend a game after that. After many of us pledged this year - it's a pretty disgraceful money grab.
Lets put things in perspective on your .....
After many of us pledged this year - it's a pretty disgraceful money grab.

Tough times dont last but Great people do ...
The fact is great people make great clubs . The great people that do not walk away from tough times , Just like the Great people of south Sydney who kept marching on the streets and got their club back and have maintained their dedication , passion and Loyalty to their club in record club membership numbers . See NRL club membership ladder below

Covid has put a massive hole to all NRL clubs financial budgets and in the end depending when this Covid disaster will end Great people who are great club members like your self that have pledged this year and will not walk away and assist our Great club in difficult times will be the Manly Martyrs that are essentially required to make not only our club Great but also Viable.
The moral of the story ... No pain No gain .

Covid has made a disgraceful impact to our game and our way of life . Let us not forget that Manly is our way of life . We are on this great Manly forum because of our Great Manly club . Our Great Manly club that has brought so much joy and passion and interest to our lives . The club that does so much and gives so much to our community and now that our Great club needs us more than ever to survive and thrive We need to give back to our club

OUR GREATNESS IS NOT WHAT WE HAVE BUT WHAT WE GIVE
BECAUSE WE MAKE A LIFE OF WHAT WE GIVE
WE THE MANLY PEOPLE ARE THE LIFE LINE TO OUR CLUB IN THESE DIFFICULT TIMES
LET US NOT TURN AWAY FROM OUR GREAT CLUB AND TURN OFF ITS LIFE SUPPORT
LET US SUPPORT OUR CLUB THROUGH THESE TOUGH TIMES
BECAUSE
TOUGH TIMES DO NOT LAST BUT GREAT MANLY PEOPLE LIKE US THAT KEEP OUR GREAT MANLY LEGENDARY TRADITION ALIVE DO
KEEP UP THE FAITH AND THE PASSION BECAUSE PASSION ALWAYS PREVAILS !!!
ETqYaGyUMAAQAKl.jpg

Last edited:
Lets put things in perspective on your .....
After many of us pledged this year - it's a pretty disgraceful money grab.

Tough times dont last but Great people do ...
The fact is great people make great clubs . The great people that do not walk away from tough times , Just like the Great people of south Sydney who kept marching on the streets and got their club back and have maintained their dedication , passion and Loyalty to their club in record club membership numbers . See NRL club membership ladder below

Covid has put a massive hole to all NRL clubs financial budgets and in the end depending when this Covid disaster will end Great people who are great club members like your self that have pledged this year and will not walk away and assist our Great club in difficult times will be the Manly Martyrs that are essentially required to make not only our club Great but also Viable.
The moral of the story ... No pain No gain .

Covid has made a disgraceful impact to our game and our way of life . Let us not forget that Manly is our way of life . We are on this great Manly forum because of our Great Manly club . Our Great Manly club that has brought so much joy and passion and interest to our lives . The club that does so much and gives so much to our community and now that our Great club needs us more than ever to survive and thrive We need to give back to our club

OUR GREATNESS IS NOT WHAT WE HAVE BUT WHAT WE GIVE
BECAUSE WE MAKE A LIFE OF WHAT WE GIVE
WE THE MANLY PEOPLE ARE THE LIFE LINE TO OUR CLUB IN THESE DIFFICULT TIMES
LET US NOT TURN AWAY FROM OUR GREAT CLUB AND TURN OFF ITS LIFE SUPPORT
LET US SUPPORT OUR CLUB THROUGH THESE TOUGH TIMES
BECAUSE
TOUGH TIMES DO NOT LAST BUT GREAT MANLY PEOPLE LIKE US THAT KEEP OUR GREAT MANLY LEGENDARY TRADITION ALIVE DO
KEEP UP THE FAITH AND THE PASSION BECAUSE PASSION ALWAYS PREVAILS !!!
View attachment 15872

I think perspective is exactly what you're missing here.

If we're using the Rabbits as an example - I'm sure you will find the majority of those are ticketed members. In 2021 you can get a general admission membership with them for under $250. Seats available under cover - every home game. If I want to sit behind the posts in my regular seat at Brookie next year I'll be paying $450 just for the tickets. And then $75 for the right to buy those tickets.

I hear you - our capacity won't allow for this model. So I have to ask, in a year where hard decisions have had to be made - why was the easiest choice to make members pay double? Why is it in a year where everybody is suffering (not just the club who gets millions of dollars in grants) are the fans the ones who are punished.

If hard decisions have to be made and the club is worried about the bottom line - why are we not moving 3-5 games next year to a ground/s that accomodate more fans? I'm sure given your "dig deep" motto this wouldn't have been a problem for you or the majority of "great manly" fans - wouldnt it have been the smarter choice? Let's not think about how much of an advantage Brookvale was to us this year.

It's all very well to chant from the rooftop that we are the lifeline of the club and how much it needs us. I don't disagree. You could count on one hand the amount of games I've missed at Brookvale over the past 15 years. But I (and my family) can't afford this price hike. And I can't help but think after pledging money this year the club is taking advantage.

But hey - I read that season ticket holders only use 40% to 70% of their ticket allocations each year. Obviously not taking into consideration wet weather / families on Saturday nights on that hill / friday 6pm game times etc. So this is really only going to hurt those of us who WANT to be there supporting our club next year. Nothing to worry about eh?

Gee this is a tough situation , I really feel for the club as they are on a hiding time nothing with almost any way they go.

If I was then I’d almost consider moving the whole season to somewhere like central coast stadium where they can fit more people in but charge less per ticket , thus getting about the same in revenue but making more happy.

Another possible option @The Wheel is offer say this,

$75 membership which gives you a right to buy a ticket and the cap / sticker.

You want to cherry pick the games and just buy say two tickets well you pay full tote on the tickets , say $60 for a JT stand seat.

BUT, you want to buy 10 tickets and not cherry pick the best games then you pay say $30 for each JT stand seat ticket.

The “10 ticket package “ is about the same as this seasons full package.

Buy 5 tickets only , well it’s $50 for each ticket so only a bit less than buying the full package.

Anyway just another idea !!

I think perspective is exactly what you're missing here.

If we're using the Rabbits as an example - I'm sure you will find the majority of those are ticketed members. In 2021 you can get a general admission membership with them for under $250. Seats available under cover - every home game. If I want to sit behind the posts in my regular seat at Brookie next year I'll be paying $450 just for the tickets. And then $75 for the right to buy those tickets.

I hear you - our capacity won't allow for this model. So I have to ask, in a year where hard decisions have had to be made - why was the easiest choice to make members pay double? Why is it in a year where everybody is suffering (not just the club who gets millions of dollars in grants) are the fans the ones who are punished.

If hard decisions have to be made and the club is worried about the bottom line - why are we not moving 3-5 games next year to a ground/s that accomodate more fans? I'm sure given your "dig deep" motto this wouldn't have been a problem for you or the majority of "great manly" fans - wouldnt it have been the smarter choice? Let's not think about how much of an advantage Brookvale was to us this year.

It's all very well to chant from the rooftop that we are the lifeline of the club and how much it needs us. I don't disagree. You could count on one hand the amount of games I've missed at Brookvale over the past 15 years. But I (and my family) can't afford this price hike. And I can't help but think after pledging money this year the club is taking advantage.

But hey - I read that season ticket holders only use 40% to 70% of their ticket allocations each year. Obviously not taking into consideration wet weather / families on Saturday nights on that hill / friday 6pm game times etc. So this is really only going to hurt those of us who WANT to be there supporting our club next year. Nothing to worry about eh?
I understand your frustration and I share some of these sentiments myself however MWSE cannot just move 3-5 games away from Brookvale Oval. My understanding is that it’s in the club constitution that only a maximum of 2 games per season can be moved from Brookvale Oval. If more than 2 games is requested it would need approval from the MWRLFC which I think would canvass it’s members.

I understand your frustration and I share some of these sentiments myself however MWSE cannot just move 3-5 games away from Brookvale Oval. My understanding is that it’s in the club constitution that only a maximum of 2 games per season can be moved from Brookvale Oval. If more than 2 games is requested it would need approval from the MWRLFC which I think would canvass it’s members.

I'm a voting MWRLFC member and I would vote to have an extra 2 games moved away from Brookie for 2021 whilst reno's are being undertaken and would hope fellow members would too for the financial benefit of the club.

Under current restrictions, you'd be able to sell an extra 4000 tickets per game at Gosford. $25 a ticket and that's an extra $200,000 in income from the 8000 tickets sold.

I'm a voting MWRLFC member and I would vote to have an extra 2 games moved away from Brookie for 2021 whilst reno's are being undertaken and would hope fellow members would too for the financial benefit of the club.

Under current restrictions, you'd be able to sell an extra 4000 tickets per game at Gosford. $25 a ticket and that's an extra $200,000 in income from the 8000 tickets sold.
I don’t live there and it doesn’t affect me but I’ve been a Footy Club member for 20 years and if they asked I’d support that!!

It doesn't affect me, but moving extra games away from Lottoland makes too much sense in these unusual times and particularly where the club cannot guarantee members tickets to the games they want to attend. From memory, the owners of ANZ and perhaps even Graham Park (I am Coasty boy at heart) pay clubs a substantial amount for games to be played at the ground. That's pure profit where the club doesn't have to take the risk of gate takings being affected by wet weather, poor form, poor opposition etc.

I don’t live there and it doesn’t affect me but I’ve been a Footy Club member for 20 years and if they asked I’d support that!!
Same for me Mark as long as it was an exception for 2021 only. I’d be interested to know if Humphreys has approached Cliffy about this.

Same for me Mark as long as it was an exception for 2021 only. I’d be interested to know if Humphreys has approached Cliffy about this.
Oh yes definitely not all the time , I’d never vote for that , but whilst under construction AND by to both allow more people to attend and improve the bottom line surely this could be allowed for a one off year.

Cliffy is on the MWSE board, along with Mrs Sibbra (I think) as the FC directors, they would definitely be across any changes or proposals.

I got an email from the club saying a family membership will be released this coming Wednesday. This is a positive, I feared family’s such as mine with 4 kids would be priced out of going. Will wait until I see the details before getting too excited.

Greedy bastards maybe make a decent singing or two before you screw the punters.

LOL, not in those words, but I do think it's pretty ballsy by management / the club to open membership on Monday given the lack of ..... hmmmm ..... goodwill the club have offered their customers.

You'd think marketing would have opened the window after a glowing announcement of some sort, not that we are having to promote teenagers in the club to fill full-time spots to keep a full roster.

I guess coming 13th overall, and losing 8 of our last 10 games motivates people. We lost 6 of 7 at Brooky this season, not sure how that, plus post season movements will inspire season ticket holders, especially given walker, Fainu, AFB, Hopoate family off field rubbish.

"Hope" is an important motivator in sports. Reading these forums, I'm seeing a true lack of it from quite a few. Not saying me per say, I think we will go okay, IF we actually make some changes.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2