2020 hooker (and Fainu disc.)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cust or Croker for hooker 2020 if Nas is out

• Cust

Votes: 47 32.4%
  • Crocker

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Zach Dockar-Clay

• Fainu

• Levi

Votes: 50 34.5%

• Total voters
Sad situation for him. I remember reading a story about his two cousins, who is extremely tight with, being in jail, so there is some bad influences there perhaps. Hard to feel sympathy for anyone who thinks carrying a knife around is acceptable behaviour, and then to allegedly use it...... well that's moronic if true.

What a way to potentially throw away a promising career

This is truly terrible and I feel for Manise's family and for Manly and us fans .In fact I find it hard to believe,I think im in shock TBH,its surreal its DW all over gain ,except earlier in the off season and to top it off possibly a worse charge!!
However ,his lawyer is denying the player had any involvement in the brawl... saying “as soon as it starts he leaves” so isn't he entitled to have his time in court to prove his innocence,before he s hung drawn and quartered and stamped never to play again?.Even though the Judge in the hearing refused bail and I admit from that point it doesn't look good .
Also everyone who is saying that thats our chance for the next 3-4 years and we wont make the 8 etc need to get a grip.
Des will work something out, the good news is probably he would not be on that much so if we have to shell out for someone else and still pay him it hopefully wont hurt too much on the cap. Would be worse if he was on some massive contract like DW was on .
Nature abhors a vacuum and so does Rugby League so someone will step up whether its Cust who apparently played hooker before or we do re recruit Parcel or we go for the Melbourne kiwi hooker etc.
So lets plan for the worst but expect the best .One player unless its a DCE or TT is not going to make or break our 2020 chances at this stage of the year
Go Manly as and as disappointed as I am in the whole situation, good luck Manise and family

Could we circumvent the whole waiting for the trial thing and sack him for not taking his rehab seriously?

Disappointing but not world ending for manly. Absolutely stupid of him, trying too hard to act tough, why bring a ****ing knife to church. Still glad we got rid of Api, he's good (inconsistently) but not good enough to direct a side to a premiership imo (unless he would've been happy to be bench dummy half for the rest of his career).

Here's a list of people I'd target in order
1. Sam Verrils (spelling)
2. Matt Parcell
3. Cam McCinnes (just offer him money and see what happens)
4. Lachlan Croker
5. Isaac Luke
6. Danny Levi (could work with Hasler well, he has occasional sparks)
7. Josh Reynolds

Club statement

Club Statement
29/10/2019
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles can confirm that it has been advised by the NRL this afternoon that Manase Fainu will be subject to the No-Fault Stand Down rule should he be granted bail prior to the completion of court proceedings.
Manase will be automatically stood down from all matches on a no fault basis until the court proceedings are finalised. The Club accepts and endorses this decision and will continue to support the well-being of Manase and his family.
Ends

Can't believe we released Api from his contract early - is it too late to hit him with the "just joking" call ??

I'm pretty sure Verrills signed on for another couple of seasons with Rorters earlier this year, so he's off the radar. Not much out there in the hooking department.

Judging by the lack of depth we have in the 9 we'll have to be in the market for an 80 minute hooker too I would assume. Can you see Des running with 2 of ZDC, Cust or Croker as our hooking options ?? I can't. Maybe one of them and rotate Jetski through dummy half

Maybe we can get Schuster to play 9 ?? LOL. Seems he can do everything else.

Club statement

Club Statement
29/10/2019
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles can confirm that it has been advised by the NRL this afternoon that Manase Fainu will be subject to the No-Fault Stand Down rule should he be granted bail prior to the completion of court proceedings.
Manase will be automatically stood down from all matches on a no fault basis until the court proceedings are finalised. The Club accepts and endorses this decision and will continue to support the well-being of Manase and his family.
Ends
No link on their twitter yet nor a courtesy Members' email @:cool:

Can't believe we released Api from his contract early - is it too late to hit him with the "just joking" call ??

I'm pretty sure Verrills signed on for another couple of seasons with Rorters earlier this year, so he's off the radar. Not much out there in the hooking department.

Judging by the lack of depth we have in the 9 we'll have to be in the market for an 80 minute hooker too I would assume. Can you see Des running with 2 of ZDC, Cust or Croker as our hooking options ?? I can't. Maybe one of them and rotate Jetski through dummy half

Like your thinking mate but who's doing the chip and who will do the chase?

On a serious note Chip, we REALLY DO need to find a spot for Schuster somewhere, if we don't he'll go elsewhere, and lose another good one. There is probably 3 or 4 others we need to have a progression program in place for as well. Really would like someone to sit down with me and explain the process and clubs philosophy. Maybe I should by Noel a beer next time I'm down. Just sick of players leaving us because they don't get a chance and turning out guns ....

would give luke, brittain or levi a go with cust / dockar-clay to contest the 14... we won't fill anyone with as much talent as fainu but we need to sign a 9 to keep competition for that jersey high.
like someone said before, chuck some coin at mccinnes see if he bites, may tickle the fancy of dragons to put hunt at 9, something mary has supposedly considered doing.
anyways, if we sign a 200k 9, some of that money from fainus contract (what was he, roughly 450k a year with the upgrade?) could go well into the trobjevic's contracts

Not a great day today, and I feel for Manise, his family, and the person that was stabbed, no one should have to go through these moments. In saying that, I am not making any judgements because I have only heard what the media has said, a police statement and Greenturds dribble, but I am yet to hear Manise's side of the story (if any).

Yes a magistrate has refused bail, this generally occurs if you are a flight risk (skipping your court date) or a possible threat in the community. The reasoning was that the magistrate "suspected he (Mainese), may be part of/involved in, an islander criminal gang". There is always a presumption to grant bail and not to take away a persons liberty. However, it seems the prosecution had a persuasively strong argument to overturn that presumption.

I am unaware of all the facts and I am yet to hear Manise's side. So like Walker's case I am not in a position to make any judgement just yet. At this stage I just feel for all parties involved including the victim and his family, Manise and his family, our club and us the supporters. I was looking forward to Manise at 9 and really giving the premiership a big shake. Not that we are unable to do it without Manise, but, it would have been nice to see his work from dummy half.

What I will make a judgement on is that I just assumed that a church and gatherings of worship were places of likeminded people that enjoyed happy and a relaxed atmosphere together. Well I was extremely incorrect in my rather amateurish assessment.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4