2020 hooker (and Fainu disc.)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cust or Croker for hooker 2020 if Nas is out

• Cust

Votes: 47 32.4%
  • Crocker

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • Zach Dockar-Clay

• Fainu

• Levi

Votes: 50 34.5%

• Total voters
Will Fainu come under the NRL's 'No Fault Standown" policy?
If so, what is the situation regarding paying him his contract money? Didn't Illawarra apply for a 'rebate' from the NRL for the moneys it had paid for de Belin to sit on the sidelines?
Just need some general clarification about how the policy works....
You are assuming that it's a clearly defined policy - LOL. This is the NRL and Todd Greenberg you are talking about.

Will Fainu come under the NRL's 'No Fault Standown" policy?
If so, what is the situation regarding paying him his contract money? Didn't Illawarra apply for a 'rebate' from the NRL for the moneys it had paid for de Belin to sit on the sidelines?
Just need some general clarification about how the policy works....
I don’t the mechanics but yes he would come under the rule as if someone is charged for a serious offence with a maximum sentence of over 11 years.

Fainu’s charges carry a maximum sentence of 25 years in jail if convicted so he would fall under this policy.

Fainu will remain in custody until the matter returns to court in December just said this on abc website.

This was in an article on the abc website:

In rejecting his bail application, Liverpool Local Court magistrate Joanne Leigh accepted police concerns that Fainu was suspected to be a member of a Pacific Islander criminal group.

Police allege the 24-year-old's lung was punctured in the attack.

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg said Fainu's playing future would be put under the microscope.

"I can tell you that players are acutely aware of their responsibilities and if players between now and the start of next season get themselves into trouble there will be significant consequences ... I have made that very clear and we will continue to do that," he said.

Fainu will remain in custody until the matter returns to court in December.

wow

(er, remove if needed, but it's on a publicly accessible website)

This was in an article on the abc website:

In rejecting his bail application, Liverpool Local Court magistrate Joanne Leigh accepted police concerns that Fainu was suspected to be a member of a Pacific Islander criminal group.

Police allege the 24-year-old's lung was punctured in the attack.

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg said Fainu's playing future would be put under the microscope.

"I can tell you that players are acutely aware of their responsibilities and if players between now and the start of next season get themselves into trouble there will be significant consequences ... I have made that very clear and we will continue to do that," he said.

Fainu will remain in custody until the matter returns to court in December.

wow

(er, remove if needed, but it's on a publicly accessible website)

Wow indeed.

Plan B time everyone

Fainu was suspected to be a member of a Pacific Islander criminal group.

This could have negative implications regarding his brothers and his brotherly relationships with other Pacific Islanders in the club, as he is/was a big influence on them .... you know who I mean, I'm not naming names but I hope Des and the club is all over this

Last edited:
Pretty much confirmed now he won’t be playing even if he gets bail.

So we now desperately need an alternative , and quickly.

Im guessing the NRL have to compensate us whilst they rub him out of the game rather than wait for a court ruling , so yes it’s Plan B and fast.

So to bring it back to the original question
Sam v from the roosters would be my pick
Probably won’t happen but that is who I would want.
I can only assume that Verrills was offered fairly big money by Easts (for an unknown player), more than Manly was prepared to table.

This situation does highlight the dangers of scouring the junior leagues of western Sydney for promising talent, when you have talent right under your nose playing in our own albeit smaller juniors.

If the business about gang membership is true, and why would a magistrate raise it if she was in any way unsure, then where was the due diligence by our recruitment staff? Certainly a ‘lesson learnt’.

Pretty much confirmed now he won’t be playing even if he gets bail.

So we now desperately need an alternative , and quickly.

Im guessing the NRL have to compensate us whilst they rub him out of the game rather than wait for a court ruling , so yes it’s Plan B and fast.
No you have to apply for the salary cap relief. It isn't automatic. Because under the stand down policy he can't play but is still paid in full, the relief would be over and above the cap so it's at the clubs discretion whether that want to apply for it and (potentially) be paying what would equate to more than the cap (if we were already at the cap).

So last year St George chose not to apply with De Belin as it's likely another 500K slug on top what they were already paying. I think we also chose not to with Walker but that may have been because his case was heard earlier so we chose to cover from within in the interim.

This is different. I would assume they can make a call on it pretty soon and if they chose to apply, move fast so they could get someone in without losing a large chunk of pre-season...

full nrl drivel...

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6