Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2020 hooker (and Fainu disc.)

Cust or Croker for hooker 2020 if Nas is out

• Cust

Votes: 49 47.1%
  • Crocker

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • Zach Dockar-Clay

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • Fainu

Votes: 19 18.3%

• Total voters

manly al

Premium Member
There will definitely have to be an investigation to size up this matter then , no half measures also.

MuzztheEagle

2019 Tipping Competitor
In recent years the Sea Eagles never seem to get a break, do they. Just when it looked like we had the potential premiership winning squad, one of our prime spine players looks potentially out for the count, even before he's really started. Then there's Jake, DCE and AFB with injuries that may delay their start to the season. OK, who's put the witch's spell on us. Whose been fiddling around with the eye of gnat, tooth of wolf, slips of yew and lizards tongue in their brew.
Silly people messing around with the wrong Gods again :p
But really, I think all clubs have suffered as much as us. I would still argue for media favoritism in terms of the language used and punishments called for. I think the current media climate has a lot to do with the number of problems we see: journalists are constantly looking for stories which they then build up to generate clicks and there is stuff that wouldn't have even been reported on 10+ years ago. As for injuries you could easily argue the increased workload that players are now put through (in training as well as games). There are also plenty of sport scientists suggesting that there could be negative impacts on young people's physical development caused by the increased intensity and singular focus of the semi proffessional training programs that they now undertake.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
But really, I think all clubs have suffered as much as us. I would still argue for media favoritism in terms of the language used and punishments called for. I think the current media climate has a lot to do with the number of problems we see: journalists are constantly looking for stories which they then build up to generate clicks and there is stuff that wouldn't have even been reported on 10+ years ago. As for injuries you could easily argue the increased workload that players are now put through (in training as well as games). There are also plenty of sport scientists suggesting that there could be negative impacts on young people's physical development caused by the increased intensity and singular focus of the semi proffessional training programs that they now undertake.
Sorry. Not convinced. Its definitely witches brew.

QueefRichards

In recent years the Sea Eagles never seem to get a break, do they. Just when it looked like we had the potential premiership winning squad, one of our prime spine players looks potentially out for the count, even before he's really started. Then there's Jake, DCE and AFB with injuries that may delay their start to the season. OK, who's put the witch's spell on us. Whose been fiddling around with the eye of gnat, tooth of wolf, slips of yew and lizards tongue in their brew.
The club can only blame itself. All these are self inflicted.

Manly lets Fainu hang around with the wrong crowd

Manly also let DCE Jake and AFB delay surgery to play international games in the off season.

Can't blame bad luck for that

Briza

Maroon and White - Born and Bred
King and Levi are both unwanted, why not sign both on minimal one year contract and may the best man win.

Kevinward777

Woodsie

played strong, done good.
Players' union claims NRL's stand-down rule isn't working

Adrian Proszenko

By Adrian Proszenko

November 14, 2019 — 2.42pm

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/player-s-union-claims-nrl-s-stand-down-rule-isn-t-working-20191114-p53ang.html#comments
The player’s union continues to oppose the NRL’s ‘no fault’ stand-down policy in the belief the hardline measure isn’t adequately addressing the issue of off-field player behaviour.

The governing body introduced the rule in the hope it would placate sponsors and stem the spate of incidents that resulted in the last preseason being dubbed the “summer of hell”. However, the game’s stars continue to bring the game into disrepute with monotonous regularity.

Manly hooker Manase Fainu (centre) is under house arrest  after being hit with three charges relating to an alleged stabbing at a church dance.

Manly hooker Manase Fainu (centre) is under house arrest after being hit with three charges relating to an alleged stabbing at a church dance.Credit:Louise Kennerley

In the space of a few weeks, David Fifita and Nelson Asofa-Solomona were involved in separate incidents outside the same nightclub in Bali, former Souths star Sam Burgess has been issued with an AVO after an altercation with his estranged father-in-law, Josh Dugan was reportedly involved in a nightclub fracas in Queensland and Manly hooker Manase Fainu is under house arrest after he was charged with stabbing a man at a Mormon church dance.

The Rugby League Players’ Association is in mediation talks with the NRL after claiming the introduction of the stand-down rule breached the terms of their collective bargaining agreement. If the parties don’t resolve the matter it will be sent to arbitration, with an outcome expected before the start of the 2020 season.

Budgewoi Eagle

In for the long haul.
Premium Member
2016 Tipping Competitor
2019 Tipping Competitor
Someone has to get this kid off social media. He’s posting often, even at a distance about his case by replaying news footage, not to mention sitting in a car eating maccas while seemingly watching players train. At the very least his barrister or Dessie need to have a serious talk to this kid. Not smart at all.

Brissie Kid

globaleagle

SGF0IHJ1bGVzIGFsbCE=
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
As per above (mitch)

A second person has been charged over his alleged role in a brawl that resulted in Manly star Manase Fainu being charged with the stabbing of a man at a Morman church dance.

Jona Faingaa was charged with affray after being arrested by appointment at Liverpool Police Station on Thursday night. The charging of Faingaa, known as “Big Buck”, could have ramifications for Fainu after the Sea Eagles star became the latest player suspended under the NRL’s ‘no fault’ stand-down policy.

Fainu has pleaded not guilty to wounding a person with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, affray and recklessly causing grievous bodily harm in company over the incident at a church dance in Wattle Grove, a suburb he has been banned from visiting while on bail.

It is alleged a brawl erupted outside the church after a man identified only as "Big Buck" hit another attendee with a baton. It is alleged Fainu then stabbed a 24-year-old man in the back, who required treatment by NSW Ambulance paramedics and was taken to hospital in a serious but stable condition

smheraldblah

Mark from Brisbane

Living the dream
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
I have a feeling that it’s going to be difficult to prosecute this one ,although that’s an opinion only as I have ZERO legal credibility.

I was involved in a case once as a witness , just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time , a nightclub, very dark and the guy was accused of touching up a girl on the dance floor.

I just happened to be the poor bastard who was dancing at the same time beside him.

Next minute the coppers arrive , tell everyone that no one could leave and the girl then picks me and the girl I was dancing with ( no not my wife, just a work mate at a Xmas function) as people who could of seen the groping.

I did see the guy pull her closer to him and as such got called into the case as a witness.

Well didn’t the defence QC tear me a new one on the stand ( which I sort of agreed with anyway ) basically proving that given the darkness there’s no way I could have seen anything and as a result the guy got off

Did he do it, probably , could they prove it , nope!!!

Andyvb88

Super Coach Member
I have a feeling that it’s going to be difficult to prosecute this one ,although that’s an opinion only as I have ZERO legal credibility.

I was involved in a case once as a witness , just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time , a nightclub, very dark and the guy was accused of touching up a girl on the dance floor.

I just happened to be the poor bastard who was dancing at the same time beside him.

Next minute the coppers arrive , tell everyone that no one could leave and the girl then picks me and the girl I was dancing with ( no not my wife, just a work mate at a Xmas function) as people who could of seen the groping.

I did see the guy pull her closer to him and as such got called into the case as a witness.

Well didn’t the defence QC tear me a new one on the stand ( which I sort of agreed with anyway ) basically proving that given the darkness there’s no way I could have seen anything and as a result the guy got off

Did he do it, probably , could they prove it , nope!!!
100% is he involved in some way, yes, can they prove beyond a reasonable doubt, no, he will be our hooked 2021

• 👍
Reactions: R3

HoldenV8

Bulldog Ritchie saying hasler keen on croker at 9
Of the two I would say that I think Cust would probably be slightly better as a dummy half (better running game). But when it comes to the defensive side I would much rather Croker defending in the middle of the park than I would Cust.

Either way the Fainu stand down situation means that both Croker and Cust will probably be part of the top 17 in 2020, one at hooker the other as the bench utility.

As it looks, when everyone is fit to play it would appear that our first grade 17 will be:

Turbo, Jorge, Scorpio, Suli, Garrick, Walks, DCE, AFB, Croker, Kapow, Thommo, Siro, Jake. Bench - Cust, Jetski, Waddell, Sips/Boyle/Keppie.

If Des is talking about Croker as the #9 (and with Walker looking like 5/8 is going to be his to lose) then I think it might be safe to say that Fainu's legal worries have given Cade Cust a crack at playing regular first grade when maybe he would have been the perennial #18 and playing mostly at Blacktown next year. I hope he makes the most of the opportunity that seems to have been handed to him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom