2020 Finals discussion thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
One of the worst games I've seen Keary play in a long time.

Passes hitting the ground and not once did he hit the runner with a short ball. It was an "out the back-a-thon".

He was the difference for mine.....in a bad way.
I also thought Cordner was "off" tonight. Anyone else notice he was dropping off tackles and just not up to his usual standard. His best days are behind him...

I also thought Cordner was "off" tonight. Anyone else notice he was dropping off tackles and just not up to his usual standard. His best days are behind him...
He had his head slammed into the deck early on and came up groggy as fu*k but waived the trainer away and played on. Not commented on, but yeh he was in all sorts of trouble all game

No one wants a 42-30 scoreline.
Games won on gritty defence are so much more entertaining. V Landy is a drop kick

Goes back to what I said the other day. The 6 again rule was brought in for nothing more than television ratings at a time when live sport was not on television due to the pandemic.

V'Landys has been good for the game in the most part. But the 6 again rule has NOT been a good thing.

I beg to differ. Imo if any team can beat the Storm it's the Raiders, week off or not.
Although i would like the raiders to win, i really feel storm will beat them. the game is touch footy style now. too many flyers in the melbourne team. the only reason why the game was close tonite is because both teams (by todays standard) are slower teams. I reckon souths got a chance. i am putting $20 on them to win (just for fun)

Anyone else notice how biased the commentary from Fittler was?

Even at the end when the Chooks lost the game, all he could talk about was what a great club they are and congratulations to their coaching staff. He said they have faced adversity over the last three seasons and one such adversity was "players leaving"? WTF?

And now the Chooks are gone for the year ... watch him jump straight on the Penrith bandwagon despite saying a week or so ago that he was firmly in the Chooks camp.

At least Fatty stays Manly and doesn't bounce between cheering us and the Chooks (and Qld of course lol). Though he does give us criticism when its warranted.

Nice touch at the end for the Faders to line up to farewell Aubusson.

And I guess now he’s retiring the Rorters will be able to sign a couple more one million a year players ??

Don't bet against it mate. They'll probably sign Cameron Smith for a million with 800k of it in TPA's. And the NRL would allow it.

Now there's a bloke that I can't stand, I watch very little channel 9 these days because every time I do Scott Cam is doing a station promo, it does my head in, talentless bastard

There are a lot of Tradies from Melbourne who knew Scott Cam who've said that his biggest talent was always his mouth. He got the job at 9 largely because unlike the other applicants at the time for the show Backyard Blitz, he has a silver tongue, the gift of the gab. As an actual tradie though, most, including his own brother who is also a tradie, said that he basically sucked.

And now the Chooks are gone for the year ... watch him jump straight on the Penrith bandwagon despite saying a week or so ago that he was firmly in the Chooks camp.

At least Fatty stays Manly and doesn't bounce between cheering us and the Chooks (and Qld of course lol). Though he does give us criticism when its warranted.
Was that the segment when Johns shot him down straight after he said he was a Roosters man, saying ,well yeah, they paid for your houses on the harbourside Freddy. Nice one Joey.
But yeah, he’ll jump straight on the Panthers wagon now. Love to see a Panthers fan holding up a “Fuuck off Fittler" sign next week in the crowd.

woohoo! ( for @pjayz )

So happy to see the rorters out this year.

Just watched the highlights. Sheesh that first try - keary's pass looked forward. Refs aren't ever really going to pull them up if the players keep moving their hands backwards after passing. He certainly didn't have much forward momentum to cause that pass to travel 4 metres forward.

Anyway...

It was good to see some excellent support play. I thought Manly struggled with that this year. Injuries don't stop the replacement players from following a play in case of an offload.

Glad I didn't have to listen to Fittler. If only he cared about the child he has never met as much as the roosters. (too much?)

Ahh... no more roosters. Feels so good. I hope their 3 fans don't suffer too much. Can you imagine the buying spree uncle Nick is planning at the moment? I mean first he has to once again get serial moron Rothfool onside to carry on about all the players the roosters have let go...then it's rorting, I mean business as usual.

Was that the segment when Johns shot him down straight after he said he was a Roosters man, saying ,well yeah, they paid for your houses on the harbourside Freddy. Nice one Joey.
But yeah, he’ll jump straight on the Panthers wagon now. Love to see a Panthers fan holding up a “Fuuck off Fittler" sign next week in the crowd.

Yes it was that segment. And my first thought when he said it was Fittler's loyalty was well and truly bought.

Uncle Nick to Robinson “ **** that was awful, here’s another 15 million, Mitchie, Sonny Bill and that loser winger from England are gone so I want the best half back and the best forward and the best bench backup you can buy , if they want more than 5 million each I’ll chuck in a Masserati and two Bondi units for each player , oh and a b Porsche for the WAG”, just do it Trent because I hate ****ing losing”.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10