• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Like if a small business owner with 30 employees had 6-9 employees out but still had to pay them all - the business and profits would be unaffected.
If a ISP lost a high percentage of their servers, traffic would be uneffected
If a concert pianist broke 2 - 3 fingers, their playing would be uneffected

Because.....because.....

All one needs to do is yell 'no excuses' and everything is magically fixed.

Players getting paid to sit on a beach in Venice posting sht tweets to Bozo, players moved on mid season while still taking up a spot in the 30, players relegated to reserve grade permanently whilst taking up a spot in the 30 for months, etc, etc.

These are all issues of our own making in reality.

There are zero excuses for these issues.
The only excuse Barrett has is the injuries, as they are, in the main, uncontrollable.

Like if a small business owner with 30 employees had 6-9 employees out but still had to pay them all - the business and profits would be unaffected.
If a ISP lost a high percentage of their servers, traffic would be uneffected
If a concert pianist broke 2 - 3 fingers, their playing would be uneffected

Because.....because.....

All one needs to do is yell 'no excuses' and everything is magically fixed.
I am a small business owner and I have to have plans in place for exactly what you describe. Same in the NRL. Injuries are part and parcel of the game. I can't cop that as the only excuse for this piss poor last 3 years (and yeah I include 2017 where apart from a run of few wins we played most of the year ****). Even when we do have most of our best team on the field they don't turn up most weeks. When did you last see a Manly team attack in defence with bone jarring tackles and by driving teams back in D like club legends BK, Matai, Watmough, Gifty used to do? How come other clubs can manage periods of injuries? How come Manly teams of the past could better manage periods of injuries? Excuses exsmuses ...... This team is coached and led poorly and until that changes we are just going to get excuse after excuse for how far we have fallen as a club.

I've been a busy boy with a new born etc so been away from the forums so if this is a rehashed post i do apologise.
Is anyone else concerned about next year? We are losing Lane, probably Perrett and are starting to look a bit thin in the squad.

The following could be (my opinion) the best 17 for next year and it is a bit concerning. However we have a decent core group and with a couple of decent signings we could be top 6 next year. Although without any decent signings i feel we will not make the 8.

Turbo
Taufua
Kelly
Walker
Suli (Need to look at a replacement for Uate. Think Suli might be a better centre. Ross? Who else is in the market?)
DCE
Hodgo (Need to look at a replacement. I think we should go after Watson. Quality young player!)
Taupau
Api
Fonua Blake
Jake
Thompson
Sironen

Tanginoa
Goweslsigdaski (I like this kid. Hits like a sledgehammer. Reminds me of a young Watmough)
Paseka
Winterstein/Sipley (Need to look at a signing here. Who is on the market? Wish Lane was gonna stay)

So to summarise my post if we sign a decent trying scoring winger. And maybe a solid bench player and have a bit of luck we can have a solid 2019. But if we don't sign anyone or sign duds we are stuffed!

Would love to hear your thoughts and who we should go after. Or maybe we are linked so a couple of players already?

PS should of kept Lussick.

Last edited:
We need a legitimate long term 6.
Whether that comes from within or from a signing is not for me to say. That's what Baz and the staff get paid for. Maybe it's Tom Wright. I had my doubts but he showed some promise against the Goons.

But I don't need to be a great football mind to know you can't threaten the premiership without a great spine. We have 1, 7 and 9. We just need the 6.

The most we will be signing is depth players. We have no cash by the sounds of it.

1 T Trbojevic
2 Anderson
3 Walker
4 Kelly
5 Suli
6 T Wright
7 Cherry-Evans
8 Fonua-Blake
9 Koroisau
10 Taupau
11 Thompson
12 Sironen
13 J Trbojevic

14 Hodkinson
15 Sipley
16 Tanginoa
17 Paseka

The most we will be signing is depth players. We have no cash by the sounds of it.

1 T Trbojevic
2 Anderson
3 Walker
4 Kelly
5 Suli
6 T Wright
7 Cherry-Evans
8 Fonua-Blake
9 Koroisau
10 Taupau
11 Thompson
12 Sironen
13 J Trbojevic

14 Hodkinson
15 Sipley
16 Tanginoa
17 Paseka

That would be my team mate except for Sirro and Api. Yeah I know many would disagree but the million bucks a year for a few years could mean the difference between survival and death for MWSE. As a club we don't have the ability to attract 1-2 million in TPA's and we are VERY top-heavy in DCE, JT, TT, Tapau, Thommo and Dylan.

That would be my team mate except for Sirro and Api. Yeah I know many would disagree but the million bucks a year for a few years could mean the difference between survival and death for MWSE. As a club we don't have the ability to attract 1-2 million in TPA's and we are VERY top-heavy in DCE, JT, TT, Tapau, Thommo and Dylan.
We can't lose Api. We lose him our finals chances go with him. He has been possibly our best player for the last 3 seasons.

I like Suli's reliable defence and strong runs ...... but I will hold off on calling him a centre until I see him pass the ball ..... I am not an impatient man .... I have waited 6/7 weeks ..... I can wait a bit longer ......

We can't lose Api. We lose him our finals chances go with him. He has been possibly our best player for the last 3 seasons.
I know you like him but he hasn't been close to our best player for the last three seasons. Jake is way better, Taupau, DCE last year. He was poor yr 1, much better year 2 and has regressed slightly this year which is why he fell out of origin discussions.

I know you like him but he hasn't been close to our best player for the last three seasons. Jake is way better, Taupau, DCE last year. He was poor yr 1, much better year 2 and has regressed slightly this year which is why he fell out of origin discussions.
No mate yr 1 he was poor till he came back from reserves since then he continued to rise to become one of the best 9s in the comp. This year he has been great in a losing side and even Freddy said where we sat on the ladder meant he missed out on origin selection not his own form plus he got injured at the worst time. He has been our most consistent and possibly best player since arriving. Plus he has already re signed which is great news because great dummy halves are rare and when you get a player as good as Api you don't let them go.

Ahh Turbo/Holmsey - I love the fact that you disagree with anyone who says anything not quite glowing of your pal Api. You are consistent mate @:)

No mate yr 1 he was poor till he came back from reserves since then he continued to rise to become one of the best 9s in the comp. This year he has been great in a losing side and even Freddy said where we sat on the ladder meant he missed out on origin selection not his own form plus he got injured at the worst time. He has been our most consistent and possibly best player since arriving. Plus he has already re signed which is great news because great dummy halves are rare and when you get a player as good as Api you don't let them go.
I still don't agree - nobody has been better or more consistent than Jake. Jake never got dropped to regges, and regardless of what Fittler said, there is no way they overlook someone if they think they are the best player just because they are in a losing side. He is suggesting that his decline in form is part of a bigger problem/decline at Manly and that one impacts the other. The facts are that Cook and McInnes where both playing better - especially Cook.

Api is a good hooker now - I still don't think he is in the top three, and he still has passing issues and no kicking game. He is a good solid player but if Fainu can pull his head in and get his act together off the field, he will put pressure on Api in a year or two.

Last edited:
Sorry but Api is not a top 5 NRL hooker and was never in contention for SOO, that was just media rubbish.

A rake these days needs to have a good kicking game... options are a must.

We will end up upgrading him at 5-600k/ year and no other club would pay him that and we can't afford to.

We need to knuckle down and spend our money more wisely than that.

Not ‘appy about API?

I am a small business owner and I have to have plans in place for exactly what you describe. Same in the NRL. Injuries are part and parcel of the game. I can't cop that as the only excuse for this piss poor last 3 years (and yeah I include 2017 where apart from a run of few wins we played most of the year ****). Even when we do have most of our best team on the field they don't turn up most weeks. When did you last see a Manly team attack in defence with bone jarring tackles and by driving teams back in D like club legends BK, Matai, Watmough, Gifty used to do? How come other clubs can manage periods of injuries? How come Manly teams of the past could better manage periods of injuries? Excuses exsmuses ...... This team is coached and led poorly and until that changes we are just going to get excuse after excuse for how far we have fallen as a club.
Is that you in your pic friend?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8