• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In my very humble opinion it’s almost impossible to judge on that as the combination has never really had a full team for most of the year to prove their worth.

Take McGregor at St Merge , tipped to be the first out the door and with only 19 players used all year they’ve running first.
But Mark, it's 2/3 years they've been in charge of the joint they've been able to use that excuse. All clubs have injuries and have to cope with them. They need to build depth to cope around that. I get that injuries can also just be bad luck but is it also something in the way that our guys are being trained or not being trained that is leading to this? I have no confidence that 2019 will be any different to 2016 or 2018......

But Mark, it's 2/3 years they've been in charge of the joint they've been able to use that excuse. All clubs have injuries and have to cope with them. They need to build depth to cope around that. I get that injuries can also just be bad luck but is it also something in the way that our guys are being trained or not being trained that is leading to this? I have no confidence that 2019 will be any different to 2016 or 2018......
Feathered friend Wombat ..... You don't need to be talented to make excuses
In life there will be challenges along the way and it is how we respond to adversity that makes us who we are .
When adversity strikes there are two options . Make excuses or make progress
Any tom dick and harry can rest on the excuses but the Great ones have the ability to come up with solutions and prevail .
That is the difference between the Mediocre and the Magnificent
DANCE14-magnificence (1).jpg

But 2017 was different wasn’t it??

Why......less injuries!!

Why......less injuries!!
Question
Now that our team is at the bottom of the table and we have no chance of competing for the top 8 and our season is over so early in the year
Have our coaching staff satisfied your expectation with the quality of players we were able to field ?

But Mark, it's 2/3 years they've been in charge of the joint they've been able to use that excuse. All clubs have injuries and have to cope with them. They need to build depth to cope around that. Also, is it something in the way that our guys are being trained or not being trained that is leading to this?

Why......less injuries!!
Yeah, I know what you are saying we did have better luck with injuries and we also had Blake Green. Who, whilst not an out an out star I think most of us under estimated what the loss of him would have on this team.

I know what you are saying about injuries but the facts are that two out of three years under this coaching regime have been an absolute ****en disaster and on all measures amongst the worst seasons in our clubs history. In 2016 and 2018 we have finished the season playing to avoid the ****en wooden spoon. Not even playing and losing and just missing the top 8 or being competitive but playing to avoid the spoon ...... FMD. That is just not good enough. In any other leadership or management job someone would get the arse for that.

My issue is that we've had injuries in previous eras and Manly teams in the past just don't fold or don't put in like this mob do. Like you, I've been around long enough to know that we're going to have our good and bad times. However, it doesn't feel like it's Manly out there the last few years. They are wearing our jersey but it's not our team.

This thread was about 2019 and do you really see anything or feel excited and confident about the future? Do you feel that with the way we are being led at the moment that we are heading in the right direction? I wish I did but I don't. I really don't. If all we have is that the hope that we might get lucky with a better run of injuries in 2019 then that's not much to hope for, Injuries are a part of the game and the top teams now and the good Manly teams of the past find ways to win under adversity and don't use that as an excuse.

Despite all the conspiracy theories, negativity, and pessemism on this board, I actually think we aren't that far off being a heavy weight again.

A good run of health. A stable playing roster. A few astute additions. We look fantastic.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Moses Suli
06. Tom Wright
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Manase Fainu
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Bryce Cartwright

18. Trent Hodkinson
19. Lloyd Perrett
20. Frank Winterstein
21. Tof. Sipley
22. Matthew Wright
23. Brad Parker

(As the main depth)

I honestly see that as a top 4 side full strength.

In my humble opinion we have under achieved with the quality of players that we have
Probably but also injuries and key men in key positions . Our wingmen have been a let down apart from M Wright and thats saying something. This is a vital couple of positions along with the 6 we need to address if we are going to be competitive next year . If we dont , expect another similar to this year from hell.

Despite all the conspiracy theories, negativity, and pessemism on this board, I actually think we aren't that far off being a heavy weight again.

A good run of health. A stable playing roster. A few astute additions. We look fantastic.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Moses Suli
06. Tom Wright
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Manase Fainu
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Bryce Cartwright

18. Trent Hodkinson
19. Lloyd Perrett
20. Frank Winterstein
21. Tof. Sipley
22. Matthew Wright
23. Brad Parker

(As the main depth)

I'd be adding Anderson. I know there's been mention that he gets a little pushed around by some big players, but he is a winger/full back, not a prop. He'll beef up over the summer. He's damned fast, but he also likes to get involved and doesn't mind a little of the rough stuff. Good defender, good under the high ball, loves following Tom Wright, who gives him some nice ball. Next year he could be a sensation.

I'd be adding Anderson. I know there's been mention that he gets a little pushed around by some big players, but he is a winger/full back, not a prop. He'll beef up over the summer. He's damned fast, but he also likes to get involved and doesn't mind a little of the rough stuff. Good defender, good under the high ball, loves following Tom Wright, who gives him some nice ball. Next year he could be a sensation.
Damn right there Bearfax - add to that he gives another major attribute missing often in this current attacking structure - Anderson sniffs around for that offload and has a great anticipation as a support player - in the modern game with the value of quality offloads and this team offers that, he could really cash in.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Moses Suli
06. Tom Wright
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Manase Fainu
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Bryce Cartwright

18. Trent Hodkinson
19. Lloyd Perrett
20. Frank Winterstein
21. Tof. Sipley
22. Matthew Wright
23. Brad Parker

(As the main depth)

We have had most of these players this year and a more competent coaching staff would have our team competing for the top 8 . Fighting for the 8 with a chance
That's the issue I have with the coaching staff . They have not made us look competitive as a team and the results are there for all to see us at the bottom of the ladder and our season had finished as early as May
I compare the Barrett /Cartwright era to the Peter Sharp era and we all know how that went .
QUESTION ???????
HOW MUCH MORE WORSE WOULD OUR SEASON HAVE BEEN THIS YEAR UNDER ANY COACH FROM THE NSW RESERVE GRADE INTRUST CUP ?

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Moses Suli
06. Tom Wright
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Manase Fainu
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Bryce Cartwright

18. Trent Hodkinson
19. Lloyd Perrett
20. Frank Winterstein
21. Tof. Sipley
22. Matthew Wright
23. Brad Parker

(As the main depth)

We have no depth. Need everyone to stay healthy. Need a proven 5/8 to start the season, cant do what we did this year. Was a disaster

We have no depth. Need everyone to stay healthy. Need a proven 5/8 to start the season, cant do what we did this year. Was a disaster
Proven , now that's a key word !
We also need a proven coach
Question
What have Barrett / Cartwright proven?

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Moses Suli
06. Tom Wright
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fonua-Blake
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Manase Fainu
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Bryce Cartwright

18. Trent Hodkinson
19. Lloyd Perrett
20. Frank Winterstein
21. Tof. Sipley
22. Matthew Wright
23. Brad Parker

(As the main depth)

Isn't that just me drinking a V ??

Bryce Cartwright the can of V that takes us from bottom 4 to top 4 ?? Can't see it myself.

This argument about us making the top 8 in 2017 and to remind every one that we were the first team to be eliminated
Any competent coach would have had our quality 2017 team in the finals in 2017 .

Jesus, we've been absolutely battered by injury guys. We've lost players O/S. We have players taking up cap space who have retired. We have been hamstrung cap wise to the affect of 350k.

Surely there's some allowance in that.

Jesus, we've been absolutely battered by injury guys. We've lost players O/S. We have players taking up cap space who have retired. We have been hamstrung cap wise to the affect of 350k.

Surely we are still a better side on paper than that . If we accept mediocre that's what we get and what we deserve . Season over .13th Sea Eagles P16 W5 D0 L11PT -56 pts12
If our coaching staff has exceeded or met your expectations than good luck to you feathered ;)

Proven , now that's a key word !
We also need a proven coach
Question
What have Barrett / Cartwright proven?
They have proven they are crap at building a team to work together and win.....

The coaching staff get a “F” for failed from me. Sick of excuses we had enough talent to win more of our early games. Zoolander should take up modelling. He played Crocker at five right game after game but won’t give Tom Wright a start. NFI.

The coaching staff get a “F” for failed from me. Sick of excuses we had enough talent to win more of our early games. Zoolander should take up modelling. He played Crocker at five right game after game but won’t give Tom Wright a start. NFI.
A t the end of the day we will finish our season where we deserve .

noexcusesfinal.png

Like if a small business owner with 30 employees had 6-9 employees out but still had to pay them all - the business and profits would be unaffected.
If a ISP lost a high percentage of their servers, traffic would be uneffected
If a concert pianist broke 2 - 3 fingers, their playing would be uneffected

Because.....because.....

All one needs to do is yell 'no excuses' and everything is magically fixed.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8