2019 State of Origin Chat. DECIDER!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Personally I can see NSW winning Game 3. Qld have picked a few talented backs, but their forward pack is, well.....$hit compared to what NSW will put on the park.

I still hope Qld win though, if only so DCE won't be forever blamed for being the captain and halfback of a Qld side that loses to NSW with Mitchell Pearce.

The Qld media didn't get stuck into DCE after the game two loss (their second biggest) so I'm not sure they'll do the same if they lose again.

But a series is different to a game so you guys may be right. Hopefully, if it happens, they go after Kevvie and his 5k an hour whisperer.

Pearce goes missing in big games.
Not just origin.

Why do you think the Roosters got rid of him? Salary cap?

Pearce is older and wise .... don't fret lads and ladies he'll be fine ... and the cool heads around Adolf will get the Blues the series win

The Qld media didn't get stuck into DCE after the game two loss (their second biggest) so I'm not sure they'll do the same if they lose again.

But a series is different to a game so you guys may be right. Hopefully, if it happens, they go after Kevvie and his 5k an hour whisperer.

He was their best player in Game 1, and they were all terrible in Game 2. I am hoping he comes out looking like the only player who had a go in a badly beaten team.

Pearce has never done anything good at Origin level and I doubt he'll start now. Maybe we'll be good enough to win it anyway, maybe not. The only thing that might cancel him out is that Queensland have picked their own "reformed" party boy, Corey Norman. I just hope all the Manly boys play well and make it through unscathed.

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-6_13-3-7.jpeg
    upload_2019-7-6_13-3-7.jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 6
Well at least it only took cleary 2 games to win a series, that clown Pearce has had 17 shots and counting.

Are you suggesting Cleary had any impact whatsoever on those victories other than getting his photo taken with the team ? .... His greatest contribution was to stay out of Maloney's way .... Not a Pearce fan .... but a blow up doll woud be more use than the Mask .....

"I see him as a five-eighth in the future," says Meninga, who has played him at centre and on the wing already for Australia.

"I see him as a fullback," says Hasler.

“I see him as someone who could play in the forward," say Fittler.

---
Chameleon Trbojevic :D

Last edited:
Great interview with fatty just now on abc 702. It’s good to hear fatty taking footy instead of being the clown. His knowledge of the game and honesty very refreshing.

Are you suggesting Cleary had any impact whatsoever on those victories other than getting his photo taken with the team ? .... His greatest contribution was to stay out of Maloney's way .... Not a Pearce fan .... but a blow up doll woud be more use than the Mask .....

Cleary has played 5 Origins. In those games he has produced 0 line breaks, 0 line break assists, 0 tries and 0 try assists.

From a first choice state representative halfback, that is somewhat pathetic. After one game you could maybe put it down to stage fright. But after 5 games......

Wade Graham, better known as a second rower these days, had better attacking stats from one half of Origin football playing in the halves than Nathan Cleary had done in his 4 1/2 games on the field.

I kept on getting Penrith fans on Facebook claiming that "oh but his defence was great". Yeah, so what? DCE's defence is as good and he scores tries, gets line breaks and sets up his supports to do those as well. Hell, even Pearce and Ben Hunt did that and they still got canned for their performances at halfback. Yet Cleary hasn't done anything other than showing good defence and goal kicking and somehow he is seen as the first choice halfback???

100% agree that his greatest contribution was to stay out of Maloney's way. That and his goal kicking.

You know, if lock hadn't basically morphed into being a 3rd prop for the front rowers with the best skills and biggest motor (e.g. Jake), Cleary would probably have made a half decent older style lock (think Ian Martin late in his career) who could play like an extra 5/8 with his passing and kicking game. But these days he's a halfback, and IMO not a very good one. At least, he's nowhere near good enough that he should be considered the first choice half for a team at the level of State of Origin.

Last edited:
There is one thing I hope for Qld's sake on Wednesday night. Its that they don't focus on targeting Pearce while forgetting about the other 12 Blues on the field.

Do that and NSW will burn them big time. Maloney, Cook, Turbo and Tedesco will tear them apart.

They need to go out there and forget about Mitchell Pearce, forget about targeting him and just play their own game. If they make him the focus of their game plan, they're screwed.

Cleary has played 5 Origins. In those games he has produced 0 line breaks, 0 line break assists, 0 tries and 0 try assists.

From a first choice state representative halfback, that is somewhat pathetic. After one game you could maybe put it down to stage fright. But after 5 games......

Wade Graham, better known as a second rower these days, had better attacking stats from one half of Origin football playing in the halves than Nathan Cleary had done in his 4 1/2 games on the field.

I kept on getting Penrith fans on Facebook claiming that "oh but his defence was great". Yeah, so what? DCE's defence is as good and he scores tries, gets line breaks and sets up his supports to do those as well. Hell, even Pearce and Ben Hunt did that and they still got canned for their performances at halfback. Yet Cleary hasn't done anything other than showing good defence and goal kicking and somehow he is seen as the first choice halfback???

100% agree that his greatest contribution was to stay out of Maloney's way. That and his goal kicking.

You know, if lock hadn't basically morphed into being a 3rd prop for the front rowers with the best skills and biggest motor (e.g. Jake), Cleary would probably have made a half decent older style lock (think Ian Martin late in his career) who could play like an extra 5/8 with his passing and kicking game. But these days he's a halfback, and IMO not a very good one. At least, he's nowhere near good enough that he should be considered the first choice half for a team at the level of State of Origin.
His job: pass it and stay out of the way

There is one thing I hope for Qld's sake on Wednesday night. Its that they don't focus on targeting Pearce while forgetting about the other 12 Blues on the field.

Do that and NSW will burn them big time. Maloney, Cook, Turbo and Tedesco will tear them apart.

They need to go out there and forget about Mitchell Pearce, forget about targeting him and just play their own game. If they make him the focus of their game plan, they're screwed.
Let's hope they focus on Pearce then ;)

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8