2019 State of Origin Chat. DECIDER!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pearce will be fine. Just stay out of Maloney's way, make your tackles and don't get any grand ideas about trying to win the game yourself.It'll be a good reward for him to be part of a winning series after many attempts (it wasn't his fault there were no better halfbacks in NSW)

Apart from Munster there is no one in that Qld side that is a game breaker.

If NSW lose this game then Freddy should put his shoes on, leave the keys on the table and shut the door on the way out.
I'm not so sure that NSW will win this game, Qld are known for one thing really and that is being obsessive about beating NSW in Origin, and relative lack of class players has rarely held them back. With the Qld-based club sides going so badly I expect a monumental effort from the northerners and a win would not shock me. As for game breakers, there is DCE, Gagai, Oates, and Morgan as well as Munster, think back to game 1 and many thought the Qld team had more to offer then NSW. As usual it will all come down to how they play on the night, but will NSW really be up for it? Wouldn't take much more than an early injury to Tedesco or Pearce and the balance is totally changed.

ebb6c441-5d9f-4a72-8742-2e07c2d64f49-original.jpg

I'm not so sure that NSW will win this game, Qld are known for one thing really and that is being obsessive about beating NSW in Origin, and relative lack of class players has rarely held them back. With the Qld-based club sides going so badly I expect a monumental effort from the northerners and a win would not shock me. As for game breakers, there is DCE, Gagai, Oates, and Morgan as well as Munster, think back to game 1 and many thought the Qld team had more to offer then NSW. As usual it will all come down to how they play on the night, but will NSW really be up for it? Wouldn't take much more than an early injury to Tedesco or Pearce and the balance is totally changed.
DCE hasn't shown anything in the first two games other than being solid. Most of their creativity came through Munster and Ponga. DCE is a great running half off the back of a dominant forward pack giving him quick ruck speed to hit a retreating defence - I can't see the Queensland pack achieving that. Gagai and Oates are great finishers but they aren't individually brilliant game breakers. Morgan isn't a centre. Corey Norman is similar to Cody Walker - good NRL player when things going his way, but doesn't strike me as Origin quality. We are all familiar with how DCE struggles when he has to be the dominant half, if NSW pressure him then they just mark him out of the game.I reckon. I still think Munster is the key, and I actually think he is more of a threat at full back as i reckon it's his best position

Time will tell, but I'm more confident in this game than I have been in other two, I just think we have a better balanced side with more attacking options. If not for a poorly timed Jack Wighton pass, the Morons would be down 2-0 anyway

I am NSW but I want a QLD win with Jake and Tom being the only shining lights for NSW, Pearce having a shocker and DCE orchestrating the win. It will kill off Newcastle and Manly will get great benefit out of DCE going to the next level. I hate Fittler and Pearce so I can't support NSW as much as I hate to say it.

Pearce will dominate this game. Corey norman bahahaha nsw 13+
Pearce has teddy and turbo this time and no smith cronk jt slater or inglis. Hes gonna love playing with the nsw pack pearce has been great for knights he will dominate just watch. Unless the refs take charge like in so many origins before
Don't ever forget Pearce turned us down and doesn't deserve 2013 title. I hate the bloke with a passion

DCE hasn't shown anything in the first two games other than being solid. Most of their creativity came through Munster and Ponga. DCE is a great running half off the back of a dominant forward pack giving him quick ruck speed to hit a retreating defence - I can't see the Queensland pack achieving that. Gagai and Oates are great finishers but they aren't individually brilliant game breakers. Morgan isn't a centre. Corey Norman is similar to Cody Walker - good NRL player when things going his way, but doesn't strike me as Origin quality. We are all familiar with how DCE struggles when he has to be the dominant half, if NSW pressure him then they just mark him out of the game.I reckon. I still think Munster is the key, and I actually think he is more of a threat at full back as i reckon it's his best position

Time will tell, but I'm more confident in this game than I have been in other two, I just think we have a better balanced side with more attacking options. If not for a poorly timed Jack Wighton pass, the Morons would be down 2-0 anyway
Can't really argue with any of that, just have this lingering thought that Origin is different to a 'normal' game and that's because of Qld's attitude to the game. I mean, can you imagine a Blues player ever walking down the tunnel onto the field bellowing 'New South wales' a la Billy Moore's 'Queenslander'? I can't, and why would they, they aren't crazy. That, and Channel 9's interest in a close game, make me unsure, even though Qld seem very lacking in forward power.

It's pretty hard to make any changes to a side that utterly dominated the last game. That score line was doubly impressive conisdering how wet it was.
And aided by how badly QLD played! NSW had to win......QLD didn’t & knew they’d have another chance to win the series. I’m not so sure it’s gonna be another easy game for NSW!

I am NSW but I want a QLD win with Jake and Tom being the only shining lights for NSW, Pearce having a shocker and DCE orchestrating the win. It will kill off Newcastle and Manly will get great benefit out of DCE going to the next level. I hate Fittler and Pearce so I can't support NSW as much as I hate to say it.
Too much Newcastle influence in this NSW team for me! Pearce, Klemmer, Saifiti, Buderus, the Johns brothers.....I cant stand the NRLs Golden Child team!!! Makes it difficult to barrack for the Blues

Now that Pearce has been brought in as Cleary's replacement, DCE is on a hiding to nothing if Qld lose. If NSW win he'll forever be labeled the halfback and Qld captain who lost an Origin Series to a NSW team that had Pearce at halfback. Cherry could put in the best ever performance seen by anyone in Origin, but he'll cop it left, right and centre.

For that reason alone I am now actually wanting Qld to win.

Hopefully though, if NSW do lose I hope (though I can't see it) that it finally puts to bed all the NSW media's talk about Pearce getting Origin "redemption".

Kicking game?

Queensland, with Hunt, Norman & DCE, may have better long kicking options than NSW. This could be a major part of their game plan, but can be neutralised if the NSW forwards dominate again. If Qld do gain good field position, Munster's short kicking game will also come into play. The NSW kickers are Maloney, Pearce, Cook & Wighton.

In his first 4 games for NSW ... Cleary has been a waste of a football jersey .....

Pearce on his worst day will be an improvement ...

Losing this match would be a fitting climax to Pearce's origin career, but even with Pearce i think NSW are the far stronger side and have no excuses. Short of the refs slowing the game right down (which they do every time QLD are getting dominated) NSW should win. DCE was given a poisoned chalice with the captaincy this year.

It's not Pearce's Origin win / loss record that worries me, it's the poor decisions he made that contributed to the losses, some were direct influences on the results with ridiculous options taken under pressure. He has been a failure more than not at Origin, has shown he just can't play Origin for whatever reason that is.
I worry he is going to overplay his hand trying to be Joey Johns, I just hope Maloney takes control though. Oh and GIVE Tedesco and TURBO THE BALL !!!
NSW in a close one with a few heart failures and brain explosions on the way.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8