2018 Rnd 2 - Manly v Parra [Pre-Game Day Discussion]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So apparently Perrett looks like dropping out with Winterstein or Goweiski to take his spot???

Some late mail I read earlier.

The Sea Eagles will have one change with Lloyd Perrett set to drop off the bench with either Jack Gosiewski or Frank Winterstein coming into 17. The Eels are expected to have a positional change as Brad Arthur seeks to find his best prop rotation with both Brad Takarangai and Kane Evans set to start with Daniel Alvaro and Tepai Moeroa both dropping back to bench. Also don’t be surprised if Will Smith gets a bench spot with Beau Scott potentially dropping out of the 17.

Maybe they are worried about Perrett in the heat on Sunday given it is supposed to be a stinker

Beau Scott definitely looks to be out with Will Smith coming onto the bench. Would have been Kenny Edwards but he rolled his ankle at training.

Beau Scott definitely looks to be out with Will Smith coming onto the bench. Would have been Kenny Edwards but he rolled his ankle at training.
Good news re Edwards..Might be a dikhead and have a few errors in him but still very dangerous off the bench!

Moses should be in doubt after coming of with one of Brad Arthur's patented free interchange "head injuries", but naturally both will play.
Hate Brad Arthur. Hate the Eels. Want the win.

Manly gotta look out for the "Parra rest" around the 20 min mark as their forwards will now not only pretend to be concussed, but shall try to pull some b/s knowing the sin bin is back in vogue.

Slow news day. telecrap literally has an article"

"Losing coach goes mad at players"

sub heading

But it's the Dalai so lets make a big song and dance about how he did a 7/10 yell at the video session but also how all the players still love him because no other coach but him knows how to coach and he is so awesome and amazing like my monkey who types all my stories for me as I'm a monosyllabic producing nuff nuff.

BY: christian nickoff-loosie

Parramatta aren’t a 80 minute team at the moment we have that edge on them in that department, get off to an even start and we will be to good for them.

Interesting factoid from the 1Eyedeels........

Who will be the first junior product ever to make his debut in Brad Arthur's system ?
Don't get me wrong, I've been a fan of Brad Arthur's achievements thus far, but there's been one glaring underachievement that i find astounding - Arthur has yet to identify and prodce an up and coming player and debut him for Parramatta - that's in 5 years of coaching combined with the best junior base available.

Im not just talking Parramatta jnrs here, BA has yet to produce a junior Australia wide !

Now i know what people are going to say, French, Moeroa and Alvaro came through the system. Actually all three were here under previous coaching and identified as juniors under a previous system.

To cut this short - Brad Arthur has never identified and produced one junior Australia wide ever - who has made his debut for Parramatta . Full stop.

...... From a huge nursery with successful juniors, this is an astonishing situation ....

Parramatta aren’t a 80 minute team at the moment we have that edge on them in that department, get off to an even start and we will be to good for them.
Last week Moses was out for 25 minutes of the game. He won't be this week :cool:

They'll attack our wingers who still can't catch a high ball and who run in off their line in defence :confused:

Hopefully Baz showed them the video from the Knights game @:cool:

MIGOTY

Manly_2018.png

images (9).jpeg

Last edited:
http://newslocal.digitaleditions.com.au/

Manly Daily 2018-03-17

Sea Eagle’s big slip-up
Lane wrestles his way into top squad after bizarre injury
image.ashx

Sea Eagles forward Shaun Lane takes on the Newcastle Knights defence in round one. Picture: Darren Pateman

SEA Eagles backrower Shaun Lane has fought his way back from a bizarre preseason mishap to earn his spot in the club’s top 17.

“I slipped over on a wrestling mat and tore my hamstring,” Lane said.

“We wrestle indoors sometimes and there are these plastic mats. And when they get wet and sweaty they are quite slippery and my foot got caught on a sweat patch.

“That was a crap way to do it but Baz (Trent Barrett) and the coaches were really happy with the way I was going before that and got into my ear and said, ‘Don’t drop your head’.

“And I got back about a week and a half early and put myself into a position to trial.”

Lane said that, since the incident, the squad now usually did their wrestling sessions on the grass, wearing studs.

Lane has started the season in style, scoring a try last week against the Knights — after what had been a topsy turvy career at the Bulldogs and Warriors before he joined Manly.

“I guess you can look at it as starting over again, almost, and looking to make a name for myself,,” he said.

“Just earning a constant position and having some consistency.

Our time starts NOW
Sea Eagles desperate to stretch our Lottoland winning streak

IT IS far from the glory days at home but Manly are slowly rebuilding the Fortress at Lottoland.

A win over arch rivals Parramatta tomorrow before a healthy crowd on an expected, beautiful northern beaches Sunday arvo will take the winning streak at home to six.

And it will be a platform for the good start the Sea Eagles are desperately after.

Manly have not been beaten at home since round seven last season – 30-26 by eventual premiers Melbourne Storm on April 15.

Skipper Daly Cherry-Evans has led the way in stressing the importance of winning in front of the Sea Eagles faithful at home.

Manly included the highly fancied Roosters (36-18) and Penrith (28-12) in a five-win home finish which took coach Trent Barrett’s side into the finals.

Barrett says his side are under no illusions about what to expect from the Eels, who led 14-0 and were run down by a rampant Penrith in round one. “They’re a well coached, confident side who have skill, size and speed. We know we’ll have to be at our best to beat them,” he said.

“Ball retention will need to be better than it was in the golden-point loss to Newcastle.”

IN FOR LONG HAUL

SUPPORTING a family member can be difficult in the NRL – particularly for the parents of a countrybred player.

Take the father of Manly five-eighth Lachlan Croker.

Dale Croker is a police officer in the Goulburn-Crookwell area. He will leave Goulburn by train after work tomorrow. He’ll catch another train from Central to Circular Quay, a ferry to Manly then a bus to get to Brookvale for the 4.10pm kick-off at Lottotland.

Parents of other players will make the same sort of effort. Young centre Brian Kelly’s parents will travel down from the north coast, as they do for every Sea Eagles home game.

Our new secondrower Joel Thompson hails from Ivanhoe in western NSW and a big group of family members will be at Lottoland for his first home game in Manly colours.

FORM WORKS

JACKSON Hastings has earned his spot on the Manly bench for tomorrow’s clash with Parramatta with some outstanding displays in the trials and the start of the Intrust Cup with feeder club Blacktown Workers.

Hastings scored two tries and kicked five goals in the round-one draw in Newcastle and his ability to play fullback, five-eighth, halfback and hooker gives the side good cover in case of injury.

Hastings’ inclusion and that of ball-playing prop Lloyd Perrett sends a clear message that coach Trent Barrett will pick his top 17 each week on form.

SCORE POINT

THE much-criticised scoreboard at Lottoland is going, going – but not gone yet.

Plans to replace the scoreboard by round one did not eventuate for a number of reasons but long-suffering Sea Eagles fans can rest assured there will be a new scoreboard by mid-season.

Better late than never.

Fuel on the hill
Maroon and white crowd gives us goosebumps, say Trbojevics

Jon Geddes

image.ashx

THE Trbojevic brothers are armed for Manly’s big first home game of the year against traditional foes Parramatta at Lottoland tomorrow.

Jake and Tom Trbojevic, proud local juniors who learnt their football up Pittwater Rd with the Mona Vale Raiders, can’t wait for 4.10pm when they to take the field at the Fortress.

For them, there is nothing better than playing in their own backyard where they grew up with passionate local support.

“It’s awesome. We love playing at Lottoland and hope we can get a packedout crowd and get them cheering us home,” star fullback Tom said.

“When you run out of the sheds there’s no better sight than a maroon and white hill. It gives you goosebumps. I’ve never played in front of anything like it.”

The brothers grew up sitting on the hill and cheering the Manly teams they idolised as kids. “And to play in front of it has been special,” Tom said.

Jake said strong crowd support really did lift the players.“Especially on a Sunday arvo — how good is it?” he said.

Both sides will be desperate to avoid two losses to start the season after Manly went down to Newcastle in golden point last week and Parramatta lost to Penrith.

Tom said the Eels would be tough to crack. “They’re a big side and will come at us in the first 20. And we’re going to have to find a way to deal with it,’ he said.

And Tom said he was expecting better things from workhorse Jake tomorrow. “He was hopeless last week, the way he carried himself was poor,” he said.

Coach Trent Barrettt has called Christian Brothers junior Brad Parker into the centres in place of Matthew Wright.

Last edited:
MANLY and Parramatta players will have to wait until 40 minutes before kick-off to find out if heat restrictions are placed on Sunday’s blockbuster at Brookvale Oval.

Temperatures are set to sour in Sydney this weekend with forecasters predicting 38 degrees on Sunday.

The Sea Eagles host the Eels at 4.10pm, which could force the players to push through extreme conditions.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/2aac3430e64be77a31524a996ca0b70e

Pretty sure the heat will see Perrett drop out after his scare in pre-season.

Question is does Baz give the jetski a run to give Sirro a break?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8