2018 Rnd 2 - Manly v Parra [Pre-Game Day Discussion]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Love this side but hoping that Hastings also plays for Blacktown in the halves. We may need him to play 5/8 some time in the future and playing most of the game in the halves for Blacktown could be useful for him.

Baz has got it spot on, great to see. Our bench forwards are absolute beasts and will be able to maintain the rage when Marty and Addin go off. As for Hastings, he’s superb cover should a back go down, and a perfect choice if Baz decides to give API a breather. Alvaro, Mannah, Evans and Matagi are in for some bruises.

I’ll be in Tasmania on Sunday arvo ( no not trout fishing I don’t do that fly fishing ****) and hopefully where I’ll be will have Telstra range.

Because jeez I’d hate to miss this game as I’ve got goose bumps anticipating that we might actually have a chance, even if a small one, of beating the Eels.

I wonder if Hastings can play hooker? I know he covers Fullback, 5/8, halfback, I guess centres and wing at a pinch?
Yes, he did so early last season and really helped the side play closer to the 80 minutes rather than have the 10-15minute slump the side has had for a majority of our games recently and toward the back end of last season

So very glad to see these changes, exactly what I would have done. Big call for Kelly and red dog to mark Jennings and Hayne but I think with walker out and Tom wright and Suli not ready, they are our best bet. Good luck boys!

I’ll be in Tasmania on Sunday arvo ( no not trout fishing I don’t do that fly fishing ****) and hopefully where I’ll be will have Telstra range.

Because jeez I’d hate to miss this game as I’ve got goose bumps anticipating that we might actually have a chance, even if a small one, of beating the Eels.
Have to agree with you regarding fly fishing. It’s like someone’s gone “how can we take something that’s really simple and enjoyable (fishing) and make it complicated and boring as bat sh1t.”

Great team. The newly named side will win this weekend and would have won against the Knights. But we probably would have won on Friday if Winterstein played in place of Sironen.

Have to agree with you regarding fly fishing. It’s like someone’s gone “how can we take something that’s really simple and enjoyable (fishing) and make it complicated and boring as bat sh1t.”

Perfect explanation!

Fishing is relaxing , simple , invigorating ( species dependant) and very enjoyable BUT that **** is just hard work!!!

Great team. The newly named side will win this weekend and would have won against the Knights. But we probably would have won on Friday if Winterstein played in place of Sironen.

I really think this is the best side we can field minus our injured players of course.

No excuses, none for not giving Sunday’s game a red hot crack!!

Very happy right now with the team selection. Well done ST for keeping the pressure on. Let’s just hope for better bench rotations as well from Baz.

I have a feeling Manly will win this game by a large margin.

Well done Bazza, with each game they play they will get better.

1 Tom Trbojevic,
2 Jorge Taufua,
3 Brad Parker,
4 Brian Kelly,
5 Akuila Uate,
6 Lachlan Croker,
7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c),
8 Addin Fonua-Blake,
9 Apisai Koroisau,
10 Martin Taupau,
11 Joel Thompson,
12 Curtis Sironen,
13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange: 14 Jackson Hastings, 15 Shaun Lane, 16 Lloyd Perrett, 17 Kelepi Tanginoa

Not with those horns moose ....

My "Antlers" (sheesh, read a book) fall off every October after the September/October mating season. Actually....I've still got my first set. *sigh*

Go Manly! 97-0

trout.jpg

and I'll be in NZ ... most likely trout fishing my son caught a near 10kg one a few days back .... from a canoe ... said he had a bit of trouble landing it :) ... thats a small one caught a few weeks ago

Last edited:

and I'll be in NZ ... most likely trout fishing my son caught a near 10kg one a few weeks back .... from a canoe ... said he had a bit of trouble landing it :)

Is anybody on here going to the game? I don't want to be standing on the hill on my own!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6